Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Division 1A 2006/07

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1A is going to run into Late July if this isn't sorted soon....especially if the winter is bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial Vapor View Post
    Old Keeper is it correct to presume that matches involving Park, Herbertstown and Hill Celtic will again be postponed tomorrow night and for the weekend.
    Hi

All games involving the mentioned teams will not be played pending the outcome of the appeal. It is unfortunate but the right of appeal is available to every club or individual. It is however a great pity that these clubs will not enjoy soccer for another while, and we may get to a stage where all games in these divisions will be on hold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    Hi

All games involving the mentioned teams will not be played pending the outcome of the appeal. It is unfortunate but the right of appeal is available to every club or individual. It is however a great pity that these clubs will not enjoy soccer for another while, and we may get to a stage where all games in these divisions will be on hold
    Hi OldKeeper,

firstly just wanna say fair play to you for taking time to try and answer everyones questions. Your doing good work, keep it up.

I was just wondering if Park were to win 1A this year, will they be allowed promotion to the premier or is there a punishment in place that means they cannot gain promotion this season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
    Hi OldKeeper,

firstly just wanna say fair play to you for taking time to try and answer everyones questions. Your doing good work, keep it up.

I was just wondering if Park were to win 1A this year, will they be allowed promotion to the premier or is there a punishment in place that means they cannot gain promotion this season.
    I may stand corrected but Park are a team in 1A and if they were to win (it is a very big if, given their current problems) they would be entitled to promotion as any other winners would. I would however imagine that there would need to be pretty good guarentees in place to ensure there would not be a repeat performance.

Remember the LDL is not a police force we are here to assist clubs and to manage soccer in a manner that will benifit all clubs. the dimise of clubs is something that affects all the leagues and if asked to help clubs the league will try its best to assist.
    Last edited by Old keeper; 23/08/2006 at 9:55 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ldmc

Old keeper the talk around the clubs is that park wont b able to get promoted this season if they win the league, Was told that by my manager as well, but if u are saying that they can by LDMC rules i stand corrected.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.F.C View Post
    Old keeper the talk around the clubs is that park wont b able to get promoted this season if they win the league, Was told that by my manager as well, but if u are saying that they can by LDMC rules i stand corrected.
    There is always talk around the clubs. but the matter has not been discussed by the committee so it could not be a hard and fast rule. It may come to pass but I just dont know, I will bring it up at the next meeting and post any decision.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Old Keeper,

Me again...sorry about this but I have another question for you. If a team is showing 1 or more suspended players on the league table how can a club be sure who is suspended or if they turned out against them when they should not have.
    18 times, and that's a fact.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larrywhite View Post
    Hi Old Keeper,

Me again...sorry about this but I have another question for you. If a team is showing 1 or more suspended players on the league table how can a club be sure who is suspended or if they turned out against them when they should not have.
    Good question. I would prefer if we could list the players suspended but the last delegate meeting had a few people who did not want this. For now your club need to contact the LDL secretary and confirm the suspended players. I would like clubs to voice their opinion on this at the next delegate meeting or to mail or write to the LDMC and ask to make it easier for clubs to know when players are suspended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Good question. I would prefer if we could list the players suspended but the last delegate meeting had a few people who did not want this. For now your club need to contact the LDL secretary and confirm the suspended players. I would like clubs to voice their opinion on this at the next delegate meeting or to mail or write to the LDMC and ask to make it easier for clubs to know when players are suspended
    As someone who has been suspended before, I want to know if I have been suspedned for a game then as a B team player can I serve that suspension at an A game, otherwise I'm in actual fact suspended for 2 games

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Heroes View Post
    As someone who has been suspended before, I want to know if I have been suspedned for a game then as a B team player can I serve that suspension at an A game, otherwise I'm in actual fact suspended for 2 games
    Hi 3 Heroes

Not sure what you mean but if you were sent off playing a B game you must serve the suspension in the grade in which you were sent off.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks Old Keeper. It would be handy for clubs to check the names online but if all it takes is a quick call to the Secretary then thats not too bad at all.

I understand what 3 Heroes means...if a player is signed to a B team and he is sent off playing for the B team then he is suspended for the next B game. Same if he is sent off for the A team he would miss the next A match. He could however play for the other the A team if suspended for the B team and vice versa.

Hope that helps 3 Heroes....even though you shouldnt be getting sent off at all

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Ah sure just play under someone else's name while you're suspended

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No one ever does that!!! Do they?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Hopefully not, or the whole integrity of the game would have to be called into question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its unfortunate about the delays and hopefully it will be sorted soon.For the record Park will not come close to promotion it wiil more than likely be relagation, the team is just not strong enough, mostly loyal C team players and a few of the remaining B players with only three of the A team from last year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    Its unfortunate about the delays and hopefully it will be sorted soon.For the record Park will not come close to promotion it wiil more than likely be relagation, the team is just not strong enough, mostly loyal C team players and a few of the remaining B players with only three of the A team from last year
    judging from your name you are a park person. soory to hear about your troubles out there. hopefuly ye will bounce back with your great facilities..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ite been a while since we chatted. Facilities will get even better before the season is over.Bouncing back has always been part of our make up and we will do it again just might take a while longer.Will let you know what exactly happens as it happens, but you always seem to be close to it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    ite been a while since we chatted. Facilities will get even better before the season is over.Bouncing back has always been part of our make up and we will do it again just might take a while longer.Will let you know what exactly happens as it happens, but you always seem to be close to it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larrywhite View Post
    Hope that helps 3 Heroes....even though you shouldnt be getting sent off at all
    I was screwed over

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Coonagh 1 Shannon 2

Gerry Kelly got 2 more. First one was a fantastic header.

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast