Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Clare League 2006/07

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Result:

Bridge Celtic 1 Rineanna Rovers 1 (Scorer for Bc Barry O'Connell)

No posts on Clare league.com for ages so I can put top scorers on this site if it suits but we'll need a seperate thread to meake it easier track scores and scorers..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Olympic 0-2 Avenue

This was a terrible game of football. Both sides just didn't want to play at all.
    It was so bad that at one stage it could have been a different sport alltogether, an Avenue player shouted out to 1 of his players "LOVELY HURLING". It gets better, Then Olympic player takes a corner and he calls out "FOUR", he thought he was playing golf. Seriously this was a brutal game and hope that i never have to watch another game like that again..

Best part of the game was when the whole Olympic team pushed up into Avenue half with 5 mins to go, they left 1 Avenue player on his own on the half way line. Avenue clear long ball to player on the half and he run like a mad man towards goal. Olympic player takes off after him and clatters him in the box, Peno for Avenue and red card for Olympic player. Honest it was funny as Fcuk.
    If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later

FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smellyfeet View Post
    Olympic 0-2 Avenue

This was a terrible game of football. Both sides just didn't want to play at all.
    It was so bad that at one stage it could have been a different sport alltogether, an Avenue player shouted out to 1 of his players "LOVELY HURLING". It gets better, Then Olympic player takes a corner and he calls out "FOUR", he thought he was playing golf. Seriously this was a brutal game and hope that i never have to watch another game like that again..

Best part of the game was when the whole Olympic team pushed up into Avenue half with 5 mins to go, they left 1 Avenue player on his own on the half way line. Avenue clear long ball to player on the half and he run like a mad man towards goal. Olympic player takes off after him and clatters him in the box, Peno for Avenue and red card for Olympic player. Honest it was funny as Fcuk.
    yeah i was extremly funny... a bit mad really as the game was over .. penalty was nearly last kick of the game .. would agree it was a brutal game only john ryan olympic & number 11 for avenue who was brought down for penalty looked like they wanted to try & play a bit of football...

any olympics out there what is the story with corners.
    player taking calling out 4 / 25 / etc.. is it a new code or does he play rugby also

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post

any olympics out there what is the story with corners.
    player taking calling out 4 / 25 / etc..
    I think he just received the lotto numbers from the sideline and wanted the rest of the lads to know them
    If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I think he just received the lotto numbers from the sideline and wanted the rest of the lads to know them
    JH must have had the numbers , he was rushing to get off the pitch
    I'll update this next year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    any score from mountshannon game last night

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticpitch View Post
    I was told 1-1

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    [QUOTE=old git;526447]yeah i was extremly funny... a bit mad really as the game was over

You said it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thursday, August 31
    Maloney Hardware Premier Division
    Moher Celtic v Lifford away win
    6.45 - Liscannor - J Deniffee
    Newtown v Newmarket Celtic home win
    are tonights games going to be straight forward
    cant c newtown dropping points at home tonight
    lifford maybe could drop points to mohers more physical style

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

avenue

well plastic pitch, no report to give ya only that bridge celtic were way better than us last sunday! we didnt seem up for it but to be honest i can see them easily beaten ye aswell! there a physical good footballin team and we all know ye dont like that! sayin that avenue are really gonna struggle this yr i feel! but once we beat ye useless sh*ts i dont really mind! beat olympic last night, more dire football but 3 points on board all the same! we have done nothin all summer as mr. (legendary) kelly walked out on yet another team! he is a joke but best of look to him because he was never wanted here by the players in the first place! think the league this yr will be wide open with bridge celtic and bridge united battling it out providing celtic get more consistency! can see lifford throwin it away again and wer not good enough! newtown mid table will never be better! olympic will be better than newtown-good team! moher to go back down ! wont be much between top and bottom again though cos all teams are as good as each other-mediocre.... except lifford obviously because there superstars earnin wages

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    fair play townie.. thought you were after leaving us.
    suprised to hear that your expectations of your club are not out of the top drawer.
    by the way ta for Pa wilson , played very well against newmarket and is a big addition to our club
    were not even paying him and he left avenue... now i wonder y that was

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticpitch View Post
    Ended 2-2, points dropped for the bridge, 2-1 up 15 mins to go, should of killed the game but let mountshannon back in it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Last I heard newmarket 2 - newtown 2 scorers for newmarket david barry and kevin feeley good result for newmarket

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

league

pa is a great soccer player, but a liability in big games. doesnt work at all , spends too much time on the ball looking for the killer pass all the time and when things are not going right for him or the team he seems to get an imaginary injury or just sulks on the pitch.. so best of luck to him.. nice fella as well by the way..

a team of silky passers an beautiful footballers isnt gonna win the clare league.. the team with balls an heart that can grind out results when neeeded will win it.. points to be dropped everywhere so its wide open again!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well ave c maybe Pa has a point to prove and i hope he does
    as for winning the league its probably a sign of the state of football in clare that , as you say, its not down to the best football team , but how physical and determined a team are to get a result.
    i know you are refeering to lifford in your statment but i still think we were the best footballing side in clare last year and maybe our form deserted us when it counted.
    alas that is history now and looking forward to this year

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Moher 1 - Lifford 1

Anton Mannering scored for Lifford.
    They think its all yogurt.
    It is not!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Newtown 2 Newmarket 2

Newtown took the lead when Pa Devaney got around the Newmarket left back but scuffed his shot only for the Newmarket defender to gift the ball back to him and he made no mistake second time of asking...HT 1-0

Newmarket were gifted their first aswell as a good ball into the box was not delt with by at least 3 Newtown players and keeper. The ball seemed to go tru everyone in the box. Davy "sparrow" Barry arrived at the back post and headed home from about 3/4 yards. 1-1.
    Newmarkets second came from more confusion in the Newtown box when they tried to play offside only for Davy Barry to beat the offside and was taken out of it by Newtowns keeper. Skinny received Red Card and Newmarket received a peno. Kevin Feely made it 2-1 from the spot kick.

Newtown down to 10 men lifted their game and did very well to get back into the game. Tom OHare raced down the right wing and put in a great cross and found Davy Wall who headed home past Billy Woods.

Fair result 2-2

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Skinny received Red Card and Newmarket received a peno.

Fair result 2-2
    Good report... Cheers.

Who replaced Skinny in goals for Newtown???
    Would Newtown look at the result as 2 points dropped at home???

I was at Newtown Saturday last to see the youths game. Walked past the 1st pitch and its look's in prime condition... Was it used last night.
    Last edited by CousinSylDolan; 01/09/2006 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinSylDolan View Post
    Good report... Cheers.

Who replaced Skinny in goals for Newtown???
    Would Newtown look at the result as 2 points dropped at home???

I was at Newtown Saturday last to see the youths game. Walked past the 1st pitch and its look's in prime condition... Was it used last night.
    Danny Tierney replaced Skinny. He's not bad in Goals but still a bit to learn
    Yes Newtown would see this as 2 points dropped at home but any result against Newmarket is a good result IMO.

Newtown have put in alot of work on the 1st pitch and it was used last night.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Danny Tierney replaced Skinny. He's not bad in Goals but still a bit to learn
    Yes Newtown would see this as 2 points dropped at home but any result against Newmarket is a good result IMO.

Newtown have put in alot of work on the 1st pitch and it was used last night.
    Newmarket are looking at this as 2 points dropped, fitness levels made the difference in the end. You can see that Newtown have put in alot of work before the season started. Some really nice football played at times but in general a very average standard.Newtown look like a team that will drop alot of points if the opposition put it up to them. Referee didn't make the game easy for anyone involved pulling for stupid fouls and really IMO doesn't understand the game.There were times when the whistle should have been not been blown because he was taking the advantage from both teams by giving freekicks when play should have gone on. But in general a good honest affair between 2 teams that will have a lot to say about the rewards at the end of season.

Newtowns pitch was a credit to them last night great surface and looking at the surrounds with all the pitches covered with kids having a kickabout things look good for the future for soccer in Shannon no matter what flag they fly be it in Clare or Limerick !

Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast