Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Attendances 2006/07

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Attendances 2006/07

As it's been such a success in the el section. how about doing an Irish League attendances page here? what are the crowds like up north anyways?

EDIT: i've started a Att 06/07 thread at irishleagueforums.net: http://www.irishleagueforums.net/for...ad.php?t=68212
    Last edited by GalwayFrancis; 20/08/2006 at 3:42 PM.
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayFrancis View Post
    As it's been such a success in the el section. how about doing an Irish League attendances page here? what are the crowds like up north anyways?

EDIT: i've started a Att 06/07 thread at irishleagueforums.net: http://www.irishleagueforums.net/for...ad.php?t=68212
    GalwayFrancis,

The only Irish League Club, that I am aware of, who publishes their official attendance is Glentoran.

Outside of Linfield and Glentoran, crowds are very poor in the Northern Irish League.

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd Donegal Celtic can attact....they certainly have potential to draw on a large fanbase in West Belfast. That will be largely determined by how they perform on the pitch.
    The Englishmen came over in the year 2005
    But little did they know that we'd planned a wee surprise
    Sir David scored the winner, and Windsor Park went wild
    And this is what we sang...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Brazil View Post
    That will be largely determined by how they perform on the pitch.

At the minute things are not looking to good in that area from them. Not exactly looking like becoming one of the top clubs in the UK as predicted by their chairman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    At the minute things are not looking to good in that area from them. Not exactly looking like becoming one of the top clubs in the UK as predicted by their chairman.
    There's something on BBC Newsline this evening about Donegal Celtic's first game in the big time.

They'd a quick snippet of it there on the lunch time news. Interviewed a former Belfast Celtic player who was banging on about it being great to have Celtic back in the league.

Don't think the aul fella realises that Donegal Celtic are a different team...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    There's something on BBC Newsline this evening about Donegal Celtic's first game in the big time.

They'd a quick snippet of it there on the lunch time news. Interviewed a former Belfast Celtic player who was banging on about it being great to have Celtic back in the league.

Don't think the aul fella realises that Donegal Celtic are a different team...
    That is the problem. There is almost a romanticism about it with a lot seemingly not caring about the problems that come with it. I have nothing against them as a club. I have been up there and it is an extremely friendly set up but I just worry about what else it is going to bring to the league. They are going to get hangers on and there is not a lot the club can do about that but I still feel they should not have been allowed into the league with their ground at its current standard. I would welcome them in if they could sort that out as they are by no means the only club that will attract hangers on and hopefully they will be in a position to deal with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayFrancis View Post

Signed up to the irishleague forums as I've a bit of interest in the IL. Seems as though it's a bit difficult to get the attendance thread going on it. Would be interesting if it does work as I'm curious to see what the averages are like in the Irish League.

I wonder if they would put some el avators on the site as I don't really want to use the FAI one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Signed up to the irishleague forums as I've a bit of interest in the IL. Seems as though it's a bit difficult to get the attendance thread going on it. Would be interesting if it does work as I'm curious to see what the averages are like in the Irish League.

I wonder if they would put some el avators on the site as I don't really want to use the FAI one.
    They put EL avatars on during the Setanta Cup as that is when traffic from down south is at its highest. Sure just go with one of the Linfield ones. Failing that I think there is a generic one with no team affiliation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wish DC all the best and hope they and us stay in the IPL this season. especially if their going to give us easy points like saturday.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Seems as though it's a bit difficult to get the attendance thread going on it. Would be interesting if it does work as I'm curious to see what the averages are like in the Irish League.
    ger121,

As I said earlier, only Glentoran publish their attendances officially.

Outside of Linfield & Glentoran, the averages at every club range from low to high hundreds.
    The Englishmen came over in the year 2005
    But little did they know that we'd planned a wee surprise
    Sir David scored the winner, and Windsor Park went wild
    And this is what we sang...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Brazil View Post
    ger121,

As I said earlier, only Glentoran publish their attendances officially.

Outside of Linfield & Glentoran, the averages at every club range from low to high hundreds.
    I think that you'll find that a lot of the estimates on the foot.ie attendance Thread are guesstimates due to the fact that most clubs do not release their official attendances. However, it's been very worthwhile as we've been able to work out the averages for each club and division as well as overall for the league for the last 2/3 seasons.

I'm sure as with the el there are a lot of games with small attendances but cup games, the visit of the big two and other high profile matches would swell those numbers.

At least if you post them you may have some sort of un-official totals and averages.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    This is up and running - stumbling at least - at the same link posted by GalwayFrancis in the first post, for anyone interested.