Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Advice on the Laws of the Game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Game-of-sloggs View Post
    This forum has been useful for me but another question. If a ref makes a decision in the 90 minute for a corner and points to the corner spot can he just change his mind and give a penalty instead for a hand ball. I've giving out to enough referees and I've always heard back they won't change there minds if its called it's called
    If the corner kick had not been taken, he can change his decision. if the corner kick was taken, he can't changes his decision. Although we had a referee, the ball went into our net but went out of the goal through a hole in the net, quick thinking by our keeper got the ball and kicked it out, we went up and scored, the opposition questioned the ref. about the goal they had scored. The ref. disallowed our goal and allowed the other goal, the original goal was a goal but once the ball was kicked out and allowed to continue he could not bring the game back and allowed the first goal.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    A game last night one of our player taking a corner, placed the ball outside the circle, the ref. said nothing, a couple of minutes later he done the same thing and the ref. booked him, do not think that is a bookable offence.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Is their a referee on here any more, what is your view on the first Barcelona. penalty tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Someone said to me recently that the six second rule for keepers is gone, is that true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    Someone said to me recently that the six second rule for keepers is gone, is that true
    Still there, anything over that is considered time wasting. It's meant to keep the game flowing, it's why kicking the ball away is delaying the restart of a game and time wasting. Delaying the restart of a free kick by standing over the ball, time wasting - Yellow Card. Keeper controlling the ball with his hands a second time - parries the ball down to his feet, waits for an attacker to challenge for the ball and picks it up and then waits another 6 seconds to deliver it out - unfair advantage to the keeper and time wasting.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,” Dr. Who

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subprime View Post
    Still there, anything over that is considered time wasting. It's meant to keep the game flowing, it's why kicking the ball away is delaying the restart of a game and time wasting. Delaying the restart of a free kick by standing over the ball, time wasting - Yellow Card. Keeper controlling the ball with his hands a second time - parries the ball down to his feet, waits for an attacker to challenge for the ball and picks it up and then waits another 6 seconds to deliver it out - unfair advantage to the keeper and time wasting.
    He is probably questioning the seconds that a GK can hold the ball in their hands before kicking it, it was 6 seconds, pulled very little since, Mingolet of Liverpool was pulled a couple of years back but he was something like 20 seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah was wondering about holding the ball, it's at the refs discretion I've been told. But it still rattles some keepers to kick quick and give bad balls when fellas start shouting out 1 2 3 4 ..... just wondering if it's still a thing cause I've never seen a ref in recent years give a free for it outside of mingolet as round tower said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think more refs would look at the time wasting by the keeper when he is gone to retrieve the ball when it goes wide and is just strolling along on his way back and then thinks he is practising his Johnny Sexton method of placing the ball for the kick out and he is not satisfied and goes to place it again. I see most opponents pointing to that time wasting to the ref, than a kick out from a ball in play scenario. I have seen refs in local play, and on the telly, give a keeper a Yellow Card for the goal kick time wasting.

The law does state " controls the ball with the hands for more than six seconds before releasing it".

What do you think of the new "sin bin" rule for the coming season? 10 mins for a Yellow Card.
    Last edited by Subprime; 06/07/2017 at 11:46 AM.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,” Dr. Who

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I think more refs would look at the time wasting by the keeper when he is gone to retrieve the ball when it goes wide and is just strolling along on his way back and then thinks he is practising his Johnny Sexton method of placing the ball for the kick out and he is not satisfied and goes to place it again. I see most opponents pointing to that time wasting to the ref, than a kick out from a ball in play scenario. I have seen refs in local play, and on the telly, give a keeper a Yellow Card for the goal kick time wasting.

The law does state " controls the ball with the hands for more than six seconds before releasing it".

What do you think of the new "sin bin" rule for the coming season? 10 mins for a Yellow Card.
    Have not heard of that, is it coming into law in the PL, worth a trial basics

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Question, back pass to the keeper, keeper makes a hames of his kick, ball hits the goalpost and the keeper picks up the ball, the ref. allowed the game to go on should the opposition being given a indirect free kick for the BP

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Round Tower View Post
    Question, back pass to the keeper, keeper makes a hames of his kick, ball hits the goalpost and the keeper picks up the ball, the ref. allowed the game to go on should the opposition being given a indirect free kick for the BP
    I'm not a ref but providing it was a genuine attempt to clear it I would imagine logic would dictate it not a back pass any more as it could just as easily ended up an O G.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Incorrect decision by referee, should have been indirect free kick as no other player touched ball after it was deliberately passed back to keeper.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corkref View Post
    Incorrect decision by referee, should have been indirect free kick as no other player touched ball after it was deliberately passed back to keeper.
    Does it matter that it hit the post after hitting his foot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    "Question, back pass to the keeper, keeper makes a hames of his kick, ball hits the goalpost and the keeper picks up the ball, the ref. allowed the game to go on should the opposition being given a indirect free kick for the BP" No mention here of keeper touching ball so IFK should still be the correct decision.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corkref View Post
    "Question, back pass to the keeper, keeper makes a hames of his kick, ball hits the goalpost and the keeper picks up the ball, the ref. allowed the game to go on should the opposition being given a indirect free kick for the BP" No mention here of keeper touching ball so IFK should still be the correct decision.
    Sorry if i did not make it clear in the first question, when the keeper made a hames of his kick, he did kick the ball but kicked it against the post

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Was at a high-profile cup final about 12 months ago.

The fourth official was standing a foot inside the touchline on halfway and at the final whistle (which preceeded extra-time) a frustrated player kicked a ball that was at the feet of the fourth official and blasted it off of his shins.

Surely that's a stonewall red card?
    Last edited by Shearer; 18/12/2018 at 3:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Was at a high-profile cup final about 12 months ago.

The fourth official was standing a foot inside the touchline on halfway and at the final whistle (which preceeded extra-time) a frustrated player kicked a ball that was at the feet of the fourth official and blasted it off of his shins.

Surely that's a stonewall red card?
    Would be unusual for a 4th official to be inside the touchline during a game! After the final whistle maybe! Either way it is a Red Card offense as he assaulted the 4th official (ref). The 4th official can order the officiating ref to issue a Red Card.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Would be unusual for a 4th official to be inside the touchline during a game! After the final whistle maybe! Either way it is a Red Card offense as he assaulted the 4th official (ref). The 4th official can order the officiating ref to issue a Red Card.
    Sorry meant to say outside!

Yeah I thought as much.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    A ball is played into the box and as a striker is about to shoot he is taken down. The referee is about to point to the spot but stalls a second as the ball has broken kindly to another player who seems to have an easy task of shooting into an empty net. He decides to play advantage but unfortunately the player somehow manages to roll the ball wide of the post. Am I right in saying he can't call play back and give the penalty he was about to blow for when the first player was fouled?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    I don't see anything in the laws that permit a referee to reverse an advantage so I would assume it would be a goal kick and a suitable caution for the player that had infringed. However, given that the scenario you have described would happen so quickly, I suspect a ref wouldn't have time to even signal an advantage, so may be in a position to award a penalty.

VAR might also complicate such a scenario.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast