Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hightackle View Post
    A player from team A is caught offside in the 18 yard box,
    So it is a kick out for team B,
    So the keeper from team B takes a kick out must the ball leave the 18 yard box before a player from team B can touch it.
    No, it's a free kick, not a kick out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hightackle View Post
    Sorry I explained it wrong to you.

The B team have a free kick for the offside in the 18 yard box must it leave the box before a player from the B team can touch it.
    No.

Let me get this right.

Team A are attacking, but the referee gives a free kick for a player from Team A, who is in an offside position, inside the penalty area of team B (let's say he was standing on the penalty spot)

The free kick is awarded from that point i.e. the penalty spot.

Under the rules, Team A must retreat 10 yards, so all of their players will be outside the area.

However, Team B can take the free kick as if it is a normal free kick anywhere on the pitch, so the ball does not have to travel outside the area before it is touched by a second player from Team B.

It must only travel outside the area for a kick out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Sorry Hightackle, but the ref was correct. check fifalotg page 41 for clarification. the ball is not in play until it leaves the penalty area when its the defending teams free kick. thats why he is one of the better refs, he knows the rules.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    During a recent youths match, the opposition had a indirect free kick, one of there players touched the ball before one of our players left the wall, the ref. made them take the free kick again as he made out that 2 of the attacking players had too touch the ball before one of our players left the wall. He warned our players if they done it a third time he would award a penalty against them. This referee is going through the FAI elite school of reffing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    In a junior game yesterday, one of our players had no tape holding up his socks, so his sock fell down exposing his shinpad. The referee put him off and told him to get tape to hold up hid socks and would not allow him back on till he had tape on holding up his socks. was the ref. correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, the ref was correct. Presume he also did not allow him back until a stoppage in the game and went and rechecked the tape, which is what the law says. Also, I still see players asking the ref during a game to allow them to tie their shoe laces.... A player's equipment cannot be fixed on the field, they are to be sent to the sideline to fix their gear and cannot come back on until a stoppage in play and the referee has checked their equipment (or the assistant if 3 man job) which means their team is down a player. It's to prevent slowing the game down.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,” Dr. Who

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Was Tom the ref???
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Was Tom the ref???
    Are u on about the ref. in my question, it was a ML. referee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'm on about the profile The Ref?
    I was going to state that he hadn't been active in the past few days until I realised it had been over a year.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    At a game recently our keeper knocked down a long through ball to his feet with his hands but never caught it! So as to waste time he waited for the opposing teams player to come and then he picked it up!
    But the ref gave an indirect free kick!
    After discussing it with the ref after the game the ref still maintained he was right.
    I don't think he is as the Kepper only caught the ball once.
    Can anyone confirm who is right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's palming the ball, in control of the ball with the hands, cannot pick it up, indirect free kick against him. Ref got that one right.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,” Dr. Who

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Is palming down not the same as making a save and then picking it up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When the keeper makes a deliberate save and controls the ball, as opposed to a deflected save, he cannot pick up the ball a second time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    2 questions here.

1. If a ball is coming towards two attackin players and one says leave it or I have it is it always a free out? Ref today said its only when its in a dangerous position and in one case the player had a shot after sayin leave it and nothing was giving.

2. If a player passes the ball over or passed the goalkeeper, is it right that there has to be 2 defenders behind the keeper also for the player to be offside? Or is it once your not passed the defenders your onside?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The cautionable offence is verbally distracting an opponent, you don't have to use a name, all you have to do is deliberately distract an opponent verbally such as "leave it" in order to gain an advantage. Calling "offside" with the intention of making an opponent stop his run is another one. Yellow card and IDFK.

You have to be in line with the second last line of defense to be onside when the ball is played (not when it arrives). Any two opponents make up that line, one of them can be the goalkeeper but not necessary. FAI game last night the keeper went up for the corner kick which meant two defenders are the line of defense.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    In the Yorkshire derby between Sheffield Wednesday V Leeds Utd., SW was 2-0 up with 10 to 15 minutes left, they were making a substitution Leeds had a free kick. The ref. looked round and then blew the whistle for the FK to be taken as SW was making the sub. The SW player was walking off the pitch when the ref. blew the whistle, Leeds scored from the FK, naturally the SW bench was up in arms, after a couple of minutes of discussion the ref. disallowed the goal. i believe that the ref. was wrong to disallow the goal as he had blow for the FK to be taken, why did he blow for rte FK when the sub was taken place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quick question not very complicated to answer if you know the answer. If a ref calls a foul and calls a player back to book him but while doing this the other team play on and score directly from the free should the goal stand. I get quick free kicks are to get the opposition off gaurd but does it count if the ref have the team a man down by calling the play back while the team play on.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Game-of-sloggs View Post
    Quick question not very complicated to answer if you know the answer. If a ref calls a foul and calls a player back to book him but while doing this the other team play on and score directly from the free should the goal stand. I get quick free kicks are to get the opposition off gaurd but does it count if the ref have the team a man down by calling the play back while the team play on.
    Common sense says if the Ref calls someone back to book them then the game is suspended until he completes same,if you want to take a quick free kick you have to ask the ref anyway?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Had a match earlier where the ball was kicked no more than 5 yards from the defender, the ball struck the player's chest but his immediate reaction was to lift his arms to cover his face. Referee gave a penalty, second yellow and sent the lad off. What could the boy have done differently or was this quite harsh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    This forum has been useful for me but another question. If a ref makes a decision in the 90 minute for a corner and points to the corner spot can he just change his mind and give a penalty instead for a hand ball. I've giving out to enough referees and I've always heard back they won't change there minds if its called it's called

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast