Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on the Laws of the Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawman View Post
    still waiting and curious to see the response to this from any referes on here. have my own thoughts on it but would like to see how a ref interprets it.
    was talking to two current refs from 2 different leagues over the last week and both confirmed an indirect free kick should have been awarded.

" football is a simple game "

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Hypothetical but interesting question for the ref:

I'm a goalkeeper and I decide to take a short goalkick to one of my defenders, who is in the penalty box but I intend to play the pass in front of him so he can wait until it's outside the box before he touches it.

I take the kick carelessly and the ball is going to an opponent instead.

My defender, still inside the box, deliberately handles the ball to prevent it going to the opponent.

Is this a penalty, or is the goal kick not yet valid, because it hasn't been played outside the penalty box yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    ref..

can you advise on following goalkeeper has ball in arms challanged by forward referee does not award any free out goalkeeper shouts at referee looking for his free , referee warns keeper to keep quiet or he will book him and award penalty, keeper keeps shouting ( not sure if bad language was used) referee books keeper and awards penalty , keeper then gets second yellow and sent of for shouting / roaring at ref.. is referee correct to award penalty ??
    Indirect Free kick should have been given
    Smile........ it confuses people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Hypothetical but interesting question for the ref:

I'm a goalkeeper and I decide to take a short goalkick to one of my defenders, who is in the penalty box but I intend to play the pass in front of him so he can wait until it's outside the box before he touches it.

I take the kick carelessly and the ball is going to an opponent instead.

My defender, still inside the box, deliberately handles the ball to prevent it going to the opponent.

Is this a penalty, or is the goal kick not yet valid, because it hasn't been played outside the penalty box yet?
    The ball is not in play until it leaves the penalty area - the goal kick should be retaken

However, a referee may caution the defender

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ref;
    hypothetical question;
    2 players charging through on goal against the defender(who has already been yellow carded) and the keeper. the defender takes down 1 of the players which would result in a red card/defo second yellow but the ref plays on as the other player takes control of the ball and is through 1 on 1 with the keeper. the advantage played does not result in a goal and the ball does not go out of play for the ref to go back and caution the defender that took down the attacking player. and from the resulting play that occurs from the advantage played by the ref the defender that should have been sent off(and will be sent off as soon as the ball goes out of play) scores a goal.
    long question but would the goal count?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etoo View Post
    ref;
    hypothetical question;
    2 players charging through on goal against the defender(who has already been yellow carded) and the keeper. the defender takes down 1 of the players which would result in a red card/defo second yellow but the ref plays on as the other player takes control of the ball and is through 1 on 1 with the keeper. the advantage played does not result in a goal and the ball does not go out of play for the ref to go back and caution the defender that took down the attacking player. and from the resulting play that occurs from the advantage played by the ref the defender that should have been sent off(and will be sent off as soon as the ball goes out of play) scores a goal.
    long question but would the goal count?
    As referee played an advantage, and even though no advantage accrued - the play should be allowed to continue. The defender remains a player until such time as the referee cautions and expels him from the field of play. The goal should stand, but the player should immediately be cautioned and as he has already received a caution, dismissed from the field of play..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ref View Post
    As referee played an advantage, and even though no advantage accrued - the play should be allowed to continue. The defender remains a player until such time as the referee cautions and expels him from the field of play. The goal should stand, but the player should immediately be cautioned and as he has already received a caution, dismissed from the field of play..
    I only noticed this one and have to ask The Ref, surely you mean that the advantage was played and nothing came of the play as opposed to no advantage gained at which point the referee is supposed to stop play and allow a free to be taken and punish the offender? If the ball was cleared, then no advantage was gained and thus should he have recalled play?

"allows play to continue when the team against which an offence has been
    committed will benefit from such an advantage and penalises the original
    offence if the anticipated advantage does not ensue at that time."

I know it looks like a hard one to call, but if they were that close to the goals and the anticipated advantage/benefit (2 on 2) did not ensue, then would you not have stopped play, punished the offender and restart with a free kick? Are you not drawing possible conflict from both teams by allowing the end result that ensued? Wonder what the reaction was from the teams involved on the day!
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,” Dr. Who

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ref, you might help clear this up for me.
    Example: A team scores late in a game and are still one or two down. Scorer goes into the net to retrieve ball from net to bring to the half way line to save some time for a possible [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]equaliser, but the keeper takes the ball and refuses to let it go. ( Maybe he was going to kick it to the half way or maybe he was going to waste time and hold on to it for twenty minutes who knows! it was his sides tip off again) anyway the scorer then starts to try and pull the ball away from the keeper who stands his ground and keeps hold of the ball. A second player gets involved with the keeper and between the two of them they knock the keeper to the ground. Things get heated and calm down shortly after. Result: Keeper gets booked. ? The second player ran twenty wards to get involved with the keeper which there was no need for in my opinion. whay do you think ? Cheers [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Farmer View Post
    Example: A team scores late in a game and are still one or two down. Scorer goes into the net to retrieve ball from net to bring to the half way line to save some time for a possible equaliser, but the keeper takes the ball and refuses to let it go. ( Maybe he was going to kick it to the half way or maybe he was going to waste time and hold on to it for twenty minutes who knows! it was his sides tip off again) anyway the scorer then starts to try and pull the ball away from the keeper who stands his ground and keeps hold of the ball. A second player gets involved with the keeper and between the two of them they knock the keeper to the ground. Things get heated and calm down shortly after. Result: Keeper gets booked. ? The second player ran twenty wards to get involved with the keeper which there was no need for in my opinion. whay do you think ? Cheers
    Not a referee but I thought they had brought in a rule there a while back to discourage this exact thing from happening - something along the lines of trying to stop the 1st player from running in to retrieve the ball - but I could be wrong. I would definitely say that the player running from a distance to get involved should have also found his name being taken.
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Farmer View Post
    Example: A team scores late in a game and are still one or two down. Scorer goes into the net to retrieve ball from net to bring to the half way line to save some time for a possible [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]equaliser, but the keeper takes the ball and refuses to let it go. ( Maybe he was going to kick it to the half way or maybe he was going to waste time and hold on to it for twenty minutes who knows! it was his sides tip off again) anyway the scorer then starts to try and pull the ball away from the keeper who stands his ground and keeps hold of the ball. A second player gets involved with the keeper and between the two of them they knock the keeper to the ground. Things get heated and calm down shortly after. Result: Keeper gets booked. ? The second player ran twenty wards to get involved with the keeper which there was no need for in my opinion. whay do you think ? Cheers [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    any player running 20 yards to get involved in any incident should be booked as well.
    there no such thing as a bad pint.there are ony pints and better pints.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have two questions both involving penalty shootout - 1) Does the ref have to blow the whistle before each spot kick?(was at a game and the ref blew the whistle before each kick till one player placed the ball and kicked it straight in before the keeper and ref where even set for the kick) 2) The keeper dives to save penalty at the point of diving his feet are on the goal line but when he lands his out from the goal line does this count as the keeper moving off his line to gain an advantage to save the penalty? (This happened in the same shootout and the ref made it be retaken even other team wondered what the ref was on about) Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    REF, one question keeper out of position at edge of six yard box on groung defender on line moves upper body to block shot on line using top of arm from elbow to shoulder to stop ball crossing line , referee awards penalty and only produces yellow card any reason why he would not send off player.

" football is a simple game "

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Hey I've a question on an offside decision.

Player is 10-15 yards off - a ball gets played through - the player who is offside is running back out from being offside BUT runs straight at the ball and lets it run through his legs
    Another player runs onto this ball and squares for a goal.

Is this offside? Although the offside player doesnt touch the ball, he allows it to run through his legs completely throwing the defense off as they expect such a blatent offside to be called!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ....If the situation happened as you've described I would deem that the offside player has interered with play and therefore an indirect free kick should be awarded to the defending team.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Is there different rules for a player coming back on after going off injured and a player coming back on for another reason. It happened in the Barcelona match last night, a player who went off to tie his pacers had to wait for a stoppage in play while a injured player was waved on immediately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Round Tower View Post
    Is there different rules for a player coming back on after going off injured and a player coming back on for another reason. It happened in the Barcelona match last night, a player who went off to tie his pacers had to wait for a stoppage in play while a injured player was waved on immediately.
    If the player changes his equipment - the referee must not allow him re-enter the field of play until his equipment has been inspected, either by himself or another official (depending on where the player left the field to change his equipment, the referee may decide to wait for a stoppage). If it only a case of tying his laces he maybe waved on immediately. For an injury as the player hasn't changed his equipment he may be waved on immediately.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    just wondering what would happen if i played the ball back to the keeper(back pass), who missed it and the ball was heading straight in the goal. the keeper then saves the ball with his hands stopping a certain goal.....should the keeper be sent off and a penalty be given as he should be treated as an outfield player once a back pass has been played?? or is it just an indirect free kick (which would be harsh)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    As far as Im aware (as a new referee), there is no provision for sending off a goalkeeper for handling a back pass. As far as Im aware, there is only the provision for an indirect free kick and a possible yellow card. (I could be wrong).

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The only offence commited by the keeper is to handle a back pass. The referee should award an Indirect Free Kick only. No caution (yellow card) to be issued.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by football fan View Post
    The only offence commited by the keeper is to handle a back pass. The referee should award an Indirect Free Kick only. No caution (yellow card) to be issued.
    There has been a number of occasions where the goalkeeper has been sent off because they have stopped a certain goal, right by the rules, the games I can't tell you off the top of my head

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast