Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on the Laws of the Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    from what i read here, ref should try to get all issues corrected before kick off. From rules of the game I think all he would need is field of play markings(all the outside lines) and half way line and penalty area. surely spotter mark, centre circle, and 6 yard box can be measured or guessed. ref should only refuse to play if its dangerous..

Opposition can refuse to play ANYTIME..... But when ref report goes in they are are aathe mercy of the league officials.. they will definitely not get the 3 points but surely have something to lose....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Question At the taking of a penalty, the kick is taken and saved by the keeper, but a defender is standing inside the penalty before the kick is taken.
    The referee awards a retake as per rule. The team taking the kick ask to switch kickers and have someone else take the retake. The referee gives permission for this
    to happen and a goal is scored.. IS THIS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE GAME.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bald eagle View Post
    Question At the taking of a penalty, the kick is taken and saved by the keeper, but a defender is standing inside the penalty before the kick is taken.
    The referee awards a retake as per rule. The team taking the kick ask to switch kickers and have someone else take the retake. The referee gives permission for this
    to happen and a goal is scored.. IS THIS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE GAME.
    There is nothing within the Laws of the Game that either permits or otherwise but as the kick is being retaken, I would consider that it is permissible for the kicker to be changed (I cannot see why the same kicker should be made take it again).
    Smile........ it confuses people

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    After I posted the question and searched through the sites of the ref's assoc and the ISRS I contacted a retired FIFA referee friend of mine and He said that it WAS absolutely the right decision to allow a switch of kicker. Thank YOU for your speedy response.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi ref.
    Hopefully your not the same the Ref on another website. And apologies if this has been answered before.

Anyway. The offside rule. My question relates specifically to the placement of the ball.
    A player being offside is not breaking the rules, its when he becomes active.
    Is active movement toward the ball or oppenent in possession? Or is it touching the ball or engaging the oppenent?

For example. A player is in the center of the opponents half. 30 yards from the endline. A long ball is played wide right. The keeper moves to the ball and attempts to shepard it out of play. The ball slows up and now the forward chases it down and engages the keeper 1 yard from the endline attempting to keep it in. Whistle blows, offside free kick awarded. Where is the ball placed for the free. Centre of the half 30 yards from goal? Or 1 yard from the end line?
    If it is 1 yard from the end line, does this not seem incredibly rewarding to the forward for originally being offside?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xatraps View Post
    Hi ref.
    Hopefully your not the same the Ref on another website. And apologies if this has been answered before.

Anyway. The offside rule. My question relates specifically to the placement of the ball.
    A player being offside is not breaking the rules, its when he becomes active.
    Is active movement toward the ball or oppenent in possession? Or is it touching the ball or engaging the oppenent?

For example. A player is in the center of the opponents half. 30 yards from the endline. A long ball is played wide right. The keeper moves to the ball and attempts to shepard it out of play. The ball slows up and now the forward chases it down and engages the keeper 1 yard from the endline attempting to keep it in. Whistle blows, offside free kick awarded. Where is the ball placed for the free. Centre of the half 30 yards from goal? Or 1 yard from the end line?
    If it is 1 yard from the end line, does this not seem incredibly rewarding to the forward for originally being offside?

Thanks
    Good Question.

You are correct in your summary above.

The Law-book states in its interpretation section "When an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick to be taken from the position of the offending player when the ball was last played to him by one of his team-mates."

so in your example 30 yards from the centre of the goal.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    This is a question you are probaly expecting,in the Man. U. game tonight Nani lost his boot by acident and the Referee gave a free against him was this a correct decision which led too the third goal for Bilbao.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Was wondering if my question could be answered. A junior match I was a referee blow for a foul against an attacker , as the attacker got up he kicked the ball away . The referee then called him over and gave him a yellow for a tackle and a yellow for kicking the ball and the attacker was sent off. I have never seen two yellows produced together for two different incidents at the same time . Is this referee allowed to do this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Round Tower View Post
    This is a question you are probaly expecting,in the Man. U. game tonight Nani lost his boot by acident and the Referee gave a free against him was this a correct decision which led too the third goal for Bilbao.
    In the Law Book and it's interpretation states "If a player loses his footwear accidentally and immediately plays the ball and/or scores a goal, there is no infringement and the goal is awarded because he lost his footwear by accident."

The only reason I can see the referee awarding a free kick is for dangerous play. Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player himself). But in all honesty I think that's pushing it a little bit.

So was it the correct decision I say no.

However I don't agree that it led to the third goal, United's inability to defend cost the goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Was wondering if my question could be answered. A junior match I was a referee blow for a foul against an attacker , as the attacker got up he kicked the ball away . The referee then called him over and gave him a yellow for a tackle and a yellow for kicking the ball and the attacker was sent off. I have never seen two yellows produced together for two different incidents at the same time . Is this referee allowed to do this.
    I would say the referee showed two yellow cards for clarity. If he had produced a straight Red Card, every one would have wondered for what. If a player who has committed an offence and is about to be cautioned, commits a second offence, worthy of a caution, both acts need to be punished.

If I deemed that the kicking the ball away was either an act of dissent or an attempt to delay the restart of play and the tackle was a yellow card I would have produced a straight red card.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ref View Post
    I would say the referee showed two yellow cards for clarity. If he had produced a straight Red Card, every one would have wondered for what. If a player who has committed an offence and is about to be cautioned, commits a second offence, worthy of a caution, both acts need to be punished.

If I deemed that the kicking the ball away was either an act of dissent or an attempt to delay the restart of play and the tackle was a yellow card I would have produced a straight red card.
    Thanks very much for the answer , couldn't get a answer from the offical in charge . Didn't think it was against the laws just had never seen it before. Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ref View Post

???? and you would have been incorrec..... Correct decision is 2 individual yellow cards for the 2 seperate cautionable infringements. 1. reckless foul tackle. 2. Dissent, cannot be caution for delaying restart of play as play could not be restarted quickly as referee was already dealing with the player for the foul tackle and was about to administer a caution.
    Gold is for winners......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawman View Post
    ???? and you would have been incorrec..... Correct decision is 2 individual yellow cards for the 2 seperate cautionable infringements. 1. reckless foul tackle. 2. Dissent, cannot be caution for delaying restart of play as play could not be restarted quickly as referee was already dealing with the player for the foul tackle and was about to administer a caution.
    so are you saying that the player should not have been sent off as he had not recieved the first caution before kicking the ball away. The player was never cautioned for the foul before kicking the ball .Only after when he recieveed 2 yellows at once. Im totally confused by it as i never seen it happen before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    so are you saying that the player should not have been sent off as he had not recieved the first caution before kicking the ball away. The player was never cautioned for the foul before kicking the ball .Only after when he recieveed 2 yellows at once. Im totally confused by it as i never seen it happen before.
    If a player commits two cautionable offences he must receive two cautions., no matter if they occur within 5 seconds of each other or 5 minutes of each other. The example you quoted yourself is a perfect example. Another would be, a player has committed a reckless foul tackle that the referee has decided to caution him for and as the referee is speaking to him the player strarts to shout back or argue back (dissent) the referee will show the second caution followed by the red or two cautions and the red if he has not already shown the first one.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawman View Post
    If a player commits two cautionable offences he must receive two cautions., no matter if they occur within 5 seconds of each other or 5 minutes of each other. The example you quoted yourself is a perfect example. Another would be, a player has committed a reckless foul tackle that the referee has decided to caution him for and as the referee is speaking to him the player strarts to shout back or argue back (dissent) the referee will show the second caution followed by the red or two cautions and the red if he has not already shown the first one.....
    Thanks for clearing it up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    ref..

can you advise on following goalkeeper has ball in arms challanged by forward referee does not award any free out goalkeeper shouts at referee looking for his free , referee warns keeper to keep quiet or he will book him and award penalty, keeper keeps shouting ( not sure if bad language was used) referee books keeper and awards penalty , keeper then gets second yellow and sent of for shouting / roaring at ref.. is referee correct to award penalty ??

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    ref..

can you advise on following goalkeeper has ball in arms challanged by forward referee does not award any free out goalkeeper shouts at referee looking for his free , referee warns keeper to keep quiet or he will book him and award penalty, keeper keeps shouting ( not sure if bad language was used) referee books keeper and awards penalty , keeper then gets second yellow and sent of for shouting / roaring at ref.. is referee correct to award penalty ??
    Not a ref but I would have though it was an indirect free kick for dissent...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innishvilla View Post
    Not a ref but I would have though it was an indirect free kick for dissent...
    i would have thought the same myself..

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    ref..

still waiting and curious to see the response to this from any referes on here. have my own thoughts on it but would like to see how a ref interprets it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Dissent has to be an indirect free kick because it isn't a direct fowl on an opposition player.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast