Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on the Laws of the Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If a player is on his way towards goal and is taken down by the last defender is it not a red card to defender as he is last man back.???

If a team starts a game in yellow gear and get soaked to the skin from rain. second half they arrive out with blue gear also worn by the opposite teams goal keeper. Is this not a clash of jerseys.???

A player is booked for mouthing to the ref about a free kick given against him. He has fouled at least 3 or 4 time prior to booking, he continues to give away free after free but stays on the pitch and continues to abuse ref. Is this the norm???

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfeet View Post
    Player get his marching orders, and leave's the field of play.
    Players manager confronts the ref and tells him that his team
    has a big cup match few days later and that the player would
    be a big lose for that game as he was sent off and would be due
    suspension in next game......wait for this one......Ref tells player
    to come back onto the pitch and change's red card to a yellow..

Is this allowed??
    Is this crackers??
    Is this making a mockery of the beautiful game??
    Who can ref be reported to apart from the Guards??
    you really are getting them arent you
    Last edited by Jock MIB; 15/04/2008 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Just a few simple questions, thats all.
    If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later

FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just a few simple questions, thats all.
    Yeah but only one refers to advice on the rules

Is this Allowed?

the rest is personal

All i know in the rules is unless the Game has restarted a official is allowed reverse any decision he or she made. if he or she has made a mistake in the red card offence and the game has restarted then he or she may put in the report after the game stating that and it would b up to the committee in the respective league to decide the punishment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Player get his marching orders, and leave's the field of play.
    Players manager confronts the ref and tells him that his team
    has a big cup match few days later and that the player would
    be a big lose for that game as he was sent off and would be due
    suspension in next game......wait for this one......Ref tells player
    to come back onto the pitch and change's red card to a yellow..

Is this allowed??
    Is this crackers??
    Is this making a mockery of the beautiful game??
    Who can ref be reported to apart from the Guards??
    Law 2 states a referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his discretion, on the advice of an (independent) assistant referee, provided that he has not restarted play or terminated the match.

Also Law 2 provides that the referee enforces the Laws of the Game and
    takes disciplinary action against players guilty of cautionable and sending-off offences. He is not obliged to take this action immediately but must do so when the ball next goes out of play.

If the referee genuinely felt he had made a mistake, fair play, he was man enough to admit his mistake. If however the referee changed his decision to be popular, appease a manager, assist in a team circumventing rules etc, then this referee, in my opinion, is bringing refereeing in general into disrepute.

If you feel this to be the case, you should report the facts to your league and if the referee is a member of the Irish Soccer Referees Society (you will see the badge on his jersey) to its branch secretary (here is a link to the Dublin Branch http://www.dublinreferees.com/) where they will take appropriate action.
    Smile........ it confuses people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innishvilla View Post
    I know the goal was missed so it doesn't matter, but when Bendtner blocked Cesc's shot last night he was flagged as offside.

In the replay I saw for sure that Hyppia was on the goal line and I thought Skrtel had slid over the end-line trying to block the cross. I thought that would have made up the two players required to play Bendtner onside. If not it seems the defending team got an advantage from a player not being on the playing surface, accidental I accept, but they still got an advantage...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ref View Post

But from what you say. As the player accidently left the field of play, the referee cannot punish him under Law 12 (i.e. yellow card), however, the moment he left the field of play, he is no longer part off (a bit harsh I know) therefore offside is technically the correct decision.
    Hi ref I asked the question a month or so ago regarding exactly what happened last night with Van Nistelroy's goal. It looks like the law differs from what you said to us then. As the law makers are saying that even though he is not on the field of play he is considered to be the equivalent of on the end-line, hence not offside...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi ref I asked the question a month or so ago regarding exactly what happened last night with Van Nistelroy's goal. It looks like the law differs from what you said to us then. As the law makers are saying that even though he is not on the field of play he is considered to be the equivalent of on the end-line, hence not offside...
    i missed game and havent seen highlights, what haapened?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock MIB View Post
    i missed game and havent seen highlights, what haapened?
    Goalkeeper knocked his own defender over punching the ball out,the defender ended up off the pitch beside the goal,ball came back in and V Nist tapped in from what looked like offside position but player off pitch deemed to be still in play.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Jock,

A cross came in which Buffon flapped at but he also collided with Panucci. Panucci fell to the ground over the dead ball line. The ball came back into the box and Ruud was in what looked like a clearly offside position when he tapped the ball into the net. The flag never went up.

RTE contacted two refs and they both said that Panucci was deemed to be still active as he did not receive permission to leave the field. If he leaves the field of play of his own accord then he is deemed still active and therefore Ruud was onside.
    18 times, and that's a fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larrywhite View Post
    Hi Jock,

A cross came in which Buffon flapped at but he also collided with Panucci. Panucci fell to the ground over the dead ball line. The ball came back into the box and Ruud was in what looked like a clearly offside position when he tapped the ball into the net. The flag never went up.

RTE contacted two refs and they both said that Panucci was deemed to be still active as he did not receive permission to leave the field. If he leaves the field of play of his own accord then he is deemed still active and therefore Ruud was onside.
    [FONT=Frutiger-BoldItalic][SIZE=1][LEFT]Player outside the fi eld of play[/LEFT]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Frutiger-Light][SIZE=2][LEFT]
    If, after leaving the field of play to correct unauthorised equipment or
    kit, to be treated for an injury or bleeding, because he has blood on
    his kit or for any other reason with the referee’s permission, a player
    re-enters the field of play without the referee’s permission, the referee
    shall:
    • stop play (although not immediately if the player does not interfere
    with play or if the advantage can be applied)
    • caution the player for entering the field of play without permission
    • order the player to leave the field of play if necessary (infringement
    of Law 4)

If the referee stops play, it shall be restarted
    • with an indirect free kick for the opposing team from the position
    of the ball when play was stopped * (see page 3) if there is no
    other infringement
    • in accordance with Law 12 if the player infringes this Law

If a player accidentally crosses one of the boundary lines of the field
    of play, he is not deemed to have committed an infringement. Going
    off the field of play may be considered to be part of a playing movement.

its the only thing i can find in the rule book that might shed some light but its isn't real clear on the matter[/LEFT]
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well thats just it. The linesman last night considered him lying on the ground off the field to be part of the playing movement.

As the lads on RTE said, it was a very strict interpretation of the rules. Brady disagreed though and said the official should have used common sense and deemed him not part of the play. But whos to know if hes injured or not? After the goal went in Panucci got up.

I always thought that he would have been considered out of play and therefore RVN was offside but the rule is quite clear and states the opposite. You learn something new every day.
    18 times, and that's a fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Re: Italy v France

I know it is a topic that's been beaten to death. But the red card last night really ruined the game.

Don't get me wrong the referee had absolutely no choice in the matter clear goalscoring opportunity - he had to go, by the current laws.

But in my humble opinion I think that a penalty still remains a clear goalscoring opportunity so I feel it would be a good idea to let the referee decide on the balance of the situation.

eg.
    Ball heading into top corner/net and defender handles well then it was a guaranteed goal - penalty + red card

While last night the striker still had to beat the keeper clumsy tackle by last defender - perhaps penalty plus yellow

On a separate note Luca Toni was so bad at finishing last night that Abidal shouldn't have bothered tackling him at all...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know it is a topic that's been beaten to death. But the red card last night really ruined the game.

Don't get me wrong the referee had absolutely no choice in the matter clear goalscoring opportunity - he had to go, by the current laws.

But in my humble opinion I think that a penalty still remains a clear goalscoring opportunity so I feel it would be a good idea to let the referee decide on the balance of the situation.

eg.
    Ball heading into top corner/net and defender handles well then it was a guaranteed goal - penalty + red card

While last night the striker still had to beat the keeper clumsy tackle by last defender - perhaps penalty plus yellow

On a separate note Luca Toni was so bad at finishing last night that Abidal shouldn't have bothered tackling him at all...
    When this Law was introduced a number of years ago, it was to bring an element of consistency into referees decisions. Players were becoming cynical when they were the last defender and fouling the attacker (professional foul) who was on route to goal. In a number of high profile incidents, the referee only cautioned the defender (and in one case didn’t even award a free kick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coSfM...eature=related) so something had to be done. In my opinion it's an excellent Law.

Also referees only enforce the laws and if a decision he makes ruins the game as a spectacle, well that’s the players fault, not the referee; he knew the rules when he made the tackle.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The experts on RTE and other stations do not know the laws of the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    just wondering once a game is finished extra time over too,can a team change their keeper from penalties

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daz22 View Post
    just wondering once a game is finished extra time over too,can a team change their keeper from penalties
    If a goalkeeper is injured he may be replaced by an eligible named subsitution if the team have not used all subs

A eligible player (a player who has finished the game and not subsituted )may replace the goalkeeper at any time in penalty kicks

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red Cards

Hey there.
    Two questions about sending offs.

1. If a player has been sent off during a game & game goes to penos what happens?
    2. If a player is red carded or gets second yellow, en route to sideline during substitution, is the substitute allowed to replace him?

Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xatraps View Post
    Hey there.
    Two questions about sending offs.

1. If a player has been sent off during a game & game goes to penos what happens?
    2. If a player is red carded or gets second yellow, en route to sideline during substitution, is the substitute allowed to replace him?

Cheers.
    1. The opposition must reduce their team by one as the laws provide:

"If, at the end of the match and before kicks start to be taken from the penalty mark, one team has a greater number of players than their opponents, they must reduce their numbers to equate with that of their opponents and the team captain must inform the referee of the name and number of each player excluded"

2. The substitute is not allowed to replace the player coming off. As the Laws state:

"the substitute only enters the field of play after the player being replaced has left and after receiving a signal from the referee" and;

"the substitution is completed when a substitute enters the field of play"

it is only:

"from that moment, the substitute becomes a player and the player he has replaced becomes a substituted player"

If the player was sent off prior to him leaving the field of play the substition has not been completed so the substitute has not been considered a player

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish View Post
    Keeping with the football theme, what a goal! Is it legal?

Is this legal??
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Advice on the Laws of the Game

For all you need to know about Laws of the Game, have a look at the Laws page here; www.isrscork.com

Jwal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwal View Post
    For all you need to know about Laws of the Game, have a look at the Laws page here; www.isrscork.com

Jwal
    Nice home page , love the tune but i think the guy was looking for a simple yes or no answer

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast