Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2006/07

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    oldkeeper,what date does the league take its break for xmas?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lim abroad View Post
    oldkeeper,what date does the league take its break for xmas?
    Hi there are no games from the sunday before to the sunday after christmas inclusive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MitreSize5 View Post
    for the first time this season we looked like we played to our ful potential. hopefully we can keep it up after a shaky start.
    well conny heard ye are losing 2players?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Connie for the chop already....

Quote Originally Posted by the only 1 View Post
    well conny heard ye are losing 2players?
    Connie is on his way out the door aparently.... Aidan ryan been tipped to take over... Thats from a good pikey source,the board aint too happy with him and his attitude,players are leaving because of him...... Daryl eades going back to ennis,skinner to boro,o'leary dropping to the pike b team with gary long, bennis is banned for another 2 months or so mcgarry is on gaa duty, bokans turns up when he feels like it and when he does he plays...we could go on and on...........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pike vs Granville

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
    My oh my... Theres a list for you......
    Its always the Ref....
    By the way I think Pike won the game... Move on
    so you thought the ref had a good game... i dont think so

I was pointing out how bad he was and Pike would have had you out the gate if he had done his job properly

you nearly got a draw and that would have been unfair and unjust

just showing how a bad ref can influnce the result

you cant disagree

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foot2 View Post
    Connie is on his way out the door aparently.... Aidan ryan been tipped to take over... Thats from a good pikey source,the board aint too happy with him and his attitude,players are leaving because of him...... Daryl eades going back to ennis,skinner to boro,o'leary dropping to the pike b team with gary long, bennis is banned for another 2 months or so mcgarry is on gaa duty, bokans turns up when he feels like it and when he does he plays...we could go on and on...........
    yeah looks like were screwed alright, second place in the league while not playing well and a big squad .... yeah were ****ed. might as well hand boro/balla/regional/distillery or whoever else the trophy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foot2 View Post
    well pikeys is this true are ye losing players whos o leary?

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    pos..team..........pl w d l f a pts
    1.Regional.......... 6 5 0 1 13 6 15
    2.Ballynanty....... 6 4 2 0 18 3 14
    3.Pike Rvs.......... 7 4 2 1 13 7 14
    4.Janesboro........ 6 4 1 1 14 10 13
    5.Carew Pk......... 6 3 1 2 8 6 10
    6.Granville........... 5 3 0 2 8 5 9
    7.Corbally........... 6 2 1 3 11 15 7
    8.Fairview........... 6 1 3 2 5 6 6
    9.Star.............. .7 2 0 5 7 14 6
    10.Aisling.............6 1 1 4 11 12 4
    11.Herb'town...... 3 0 1 2 1 7 1
    12.Charleville...... 6 0 0 6 3 21 0
    68, 99, 08

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the dazzler View Post
    well pikeys is this true are ye losing players whos o leary?
    when you have a squad of 25 good players your bound to lose a few, this is junior football. No crisis at all, things are looking up if anything

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MitreSize5 View Post
    yeah looks like were screwed alright, second place in the league while not playing well and a big squad .... yeah were ****ed. might as well hand boro/balla/regional/distillery or whoever else the trophy.
    im available connie if ye are stuck.......................

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    when you have a squad of 25 good players your bound to lose a few, this is junior football. No crisis at all, things are looking up if anything
    I just heard thet connie and casey have stepped down, the Pike hierarchy did not enter the club into the munster senior cup as last seasons prem winners...strange decision..how many junior players get to play against cork, cobh, Waterford etc..if the draw goes your way.
    also heard that the managment and players only found out when the draw was made yesterday, they "noticed" they were not in the draw, I believe half the team if not more are walking...maybe the club think this competition is below them??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    do not the ldmc enter the league winners into M.S.Cup?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    do not the ldmc enter the league winners into M.S.Cup?

Hi Leather

It is up to each club to decide if they wish to enter into any competition not the LDL, and when contacted by the league secretary pike decided not to enter the MSC .
    Last edited by Old keeper; 14/09/2006 at 11:42 AM. Reason: ommission

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    OLD KEEPER:
    I know of one year when one club that had qualified for the senior cup was not put into the draw. the club in question were never notified that they had qualified, the council had been notified that the club in question were qualified by the senior body. the member of council gave the following explanation, and i quote, " ****** FC weren't good enough and probably didnt want to play in the senior cup competition, so i didn't bother to enter them" . for once i have sympathy with the pikey's . not saying that the present admin is as bad as that but are the club that qualified notified??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvercircle View Post
    I just heard thet connie and casey have stepped down, the Pike hierarchy did not enter the club into the munster senior cup as last seasons prem winners...strange decision..how many junior players get to play against cork, cobh, Waterford etc..if the draw goes your way.
    also heard that the managment and players only found out when the draw was made yesterday, they "noticed" they were not in the draw, I believe half the team if not more are walking...maybe the club think this competition is below them??????
    ...and in other News: Arsenal are linking up with Ballynanty Rovers. Arsenal seasonal winners of the "Best pitch in the Premiership" released a statement to the Limerick Leader that they are always looking to improve the playing surface and hope to learn from what Ballynanty Rovers have achieved in Bateman Park. The deal which will see sods of grass being delicately cut up and exported from Bateman Park and implanted in the pitch at the Emirates Stadium. A statement from a Ballynanty Rovers source said "I don't know what this is all about, we told them to just plant cabbage and it'll just take care of it's self". More to follow...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    OLD KEEPER:
    I know of one year when one club that had qualified for the senior cup was not put into the draw. the club in question were never notified that they had qualified, the council had been notified that the club in question were qualified by the senior body. the member of council gave the following explanation, and i quote, " ****** FC weren't good enough and probably didnt want to play in the senior cup competition, so i didn't bother to enter them" . for once i have sympathy with the pikey's . not saying that the present admin is as bad as that but are the club that qualified notified??
    I have spoken with The league sec and the club were asked if they wished to be in the draw but declined. It was entirely a Pike Rovers decision.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Automatic Qualification

The winners of the priemier division qualify to play in the MSC if they decide not to enter that is their right also.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    The winners of the priemier division qualify to play in the MSC if they decide not to enter that is their right also.
    what date does it start and finish. Limerick FC only won it a few weeks ago. So it probably drags through the summer. Might be a reason why they didn't enter

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what date does it start and finish. Limerick FC only won it a few weeks ago. So it probably drags through the summer. Might be a reason why they didn't enter
    Starts at the end of Sept and goes on till it's finished? last seasons did just finish so it could be a long haul

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ...and in other News: Arsenal are linking up with Ballynanty Rovers. Arsenal seasonal winners of the "Best pitch in the Premiership" released a statement to the Limerick Leader that they are always looking to improve the playing surface and hope to learn from what Ballynanty Rovers have achieved in Bateman Park. The deal which will see sods of grass being delicately cut up and exported from Bateman Park and implanted in the pitch at the Emirates Stadium. A statement from a Ballynanty Rovers source said "I don't know what this is all about, we told them to just plant cabbage and it'll just take care of it's self". More to follow...
    for any pike manager / player / supporter the decision taken by the "club" not to enter the MSC is a sad day for your club...the fact that the managers / players / supporters only found out that this decision was taken when the draw was published speaks for itself.
    it is bad for limerick soccer when the prem winners and one of the top clubs in the city make this decision.
    I only know 2 of the pike players personally but ask any of the 20+ panel would you like a chance to play in the MSC against a LOI team what do you think the response would be Dirk.......shame on the Pike hierarchy to treat their players supporters in such a fashion.

Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast