Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just wondering

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Jeez people are ye related or something as reads like one of the pointless arguments i'd have with my brother.

btw league table positions never lie - you can be lucky in the cup but if you top the league (ignoring $hel & Pats last year) you deserve to do so.

Managers can be lucky for a while but not for ever. Given Gunther has had 1 1/2 seasons already this season shoukld show the true abilities. Gunterh may be lucky with the returnees but whoe to say Davie Barry didn't have the same luck with Ollie 'n co.
    i agree with you pete. the above thread was abit pointless to say the least. the end of season table will tell us how well gunther has done and not before. as to how people may think we do that is a different story (i reckon mid table)
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo
    my worry as well. presently the problem with our defence is there is no established leader in the heart of it
    Wouldn't agree there at all. Gaz captained city a good few times when he was with us before and I would see him as a natural leader at the back.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by James
    - now it aint rock science for the manager of the cork based soccer club to come knocking on the doors of those players is it?
    But what does geology have to do with it?
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Troy.McClure
    Again, who actually went over to England, scouted these players and convinced them to play for City.
    Oh cool, everyone stand up and profess their love for liam murphy because he actually decided to do what he's paid to do. It's his bloody job to get new players persoanlly, I don't care whether he clones them or goes to mongolia- it's his job.

As for the whole thread- whoever said it was like an argument between siblings was right.

Few points:
    - Lennox appears to have a plan as he said at the outset and (new one for city fans) appears to be implementing -some of- it. this is welcome. Family enclosure, PA, etc are all things that have been mooted for some time- well done Brian.

- Liam Murphy has signed some good players. well done Liam.

We'll see what happens-Murphy out

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Good point Éanna he is being paid to do the job but I do beleive Gunther had something to do the players comming over, why how many players that gunther didn't want on the team played last year???
    Still don't think he should of let any go for free, a grudge is one thing business is another which did he choose?? thats one of my problems with him.

He has to prove himself with a title of trophy, and he has to go on a PR course.
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Spot on. Just because he's good at spotting players, doesn't make him a great manager. he brought good players in before and it got us nowhere.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Dricky

He has to prove himself with a title of trophy, and he has to go on a PR course.
    like the legion of former managers who won bucketloads with club and were really good at pr too?

like rob hindmarch, colin murphy, derek moutfield, eamoon o'keefe, rico. yeah they won loads with the club!!!! i mean i didn't like noel o'mahony and DB could be grumpy (despite being a sporting hero) but they won our only two decent trophies. to hell with pr .

i couldn't really care less if gunther ate small children (or previously upset eanna in a former existence ) as long as he delivers this season. that is the bottom line

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i couldn't really care less if gunther ate small children (or previously upset eanna in a former existence ) as long as he delivers this season. that is the bottom line
    2 true. Like you said before, I think that he will pack it in at the end of the year aswell, with or without some silverware.

Hilly for manager?
    Patsy for promotion?
    Mountfield to return?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think that he will pack it in at the end of the year aswell, with or without some silverware.
    Why do you think that? After getting through last season without packing in, I'd say he's here for a while (especially if we keep on winning)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think that he said back along, that he was more or less doing it for the club because they were stuck for a manager and that he prefers to work in the accademy. He's hinted that he wont be signing another contract alright a few times.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Casegrande

Why do you think that? After getting through last season without packing in, I'd say he's here for a while (especially if we keep on winning)
    well if we keep on winning then how bad? but I reckon he will go though. a feeling I have that's all

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think that he said back along, that he was more or less doing it for the club because they were stuck for a manager and that he prefers to work in the accademy. He's hinted that he wont be signing another contract alright a few times.
    i also doubt if BL sees gunther as part of the long term plan. i don't think he would ever sack him rather just let him go of his own accord.

anyway hopefully it won't come to that and we win the double

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well if we keep on winning then how bad? but I reckon he will go though. a feeling I have that's all
    fingers crossed!

no i agree up to point dalo, i don't have to like the guy, but he has to deliver.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123