Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Irelands new captain turns down Parma... am i missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Irelands new captain turns down Parma... am i missing something?

http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstor...&viewstory=yes

i must not see what other people do in Breen.... everytime he touches the ball i get nervous!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So, basically McCarthy is saying that if you don't play in England your chances of being picked for Ireland are severely diminished because Mick can't be arsed to get on a plane and go to Italy or Spain or wherever. I have nothing against McCarthy, I think he's done a great job, but much more crap like this and i'll have to change my mind.

Its not like he'd be going to the middle of nowhere, Parma are quite a high-profile club. he'll probably end up at Crystal palace or somewhere just so mcCarthy can get a look at him every two months. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Unreal, if Breen was getting his game in Seria A McCarthy wouldn't even need to watch him as he'd easily be good enough. Remember McCarthy is the manager who wouldn't even call Babb up for a friendly while he having one of his best seasons leading Sporting Lisbon to the Portugese championship.

Micks done a good job but seems to be unable to stop making idiotic decisions.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    This is the kind of thing that reminds me why I was so anti-McCarthy until about 18 months ago. Just like Babb, Breen has been told that it's better to spend your saturdays hoofing for a bunch of mid-table hackers just cos they're English rather than among the best in the world.
    It's just indicative of irish football as a whole really, we're so anbglo-centric it's ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It was just on Sky news that he has Joined West Ham after turning down £50k a week at Inter.......as you do like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Originally posted by Pablo
    £50k a week at Inter
    Is this the same Gary Breen that plays for Ireland? Is it any wonder that the Italian game is in massive debt.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Turning down Inter and Parma for West Ham....

.... He's probably better off, at least he'd get a game for West Ham.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What's this lads?
    Criticism of Mick "Enjoyed mah World Cup, me" McCarthy???
    Now, Now, don't spoil all those standing ovations in curry houses for him......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Mick McCarthy? isn't he the manager who's wonderful World Cup was sure to up his credit rating in the world of management, yet when a big job like Leeds Utd. became available all those Leeds supporters who thought he was great, were praying he wouldn't get the Leeds job!!!

The only ones touting McCarthy for the Leeds job were the Irish media, because anybody who knows anything about the ins and outs of football wouldn't put that ignoramous in charge of the club creche let alone the team.

Hopefully the Irish media's intentions were a clever coup to try and rid this wonderful country of the burden that is Mick McCarthy's Ireland. How many more mistakes do we have to make before we learn something.

It seems that some so-called Irish supporters think McCarthy is good enough for Ireland but not for their Sasanach Club in England.

There we go again accepting second best! I seem to remember a GREAT man once giving out about the Irish mentality of being happy with second best so long as we done ourselves proud - then again didn't the Irish people allow this man to be publicly hanged!

Sure aren't we great!!!

Hang on Feck that! I am not accepting second best, I am segregating myself from the begrudgers, I want to be a winner. . . Begrudgers take your shots, I am Irish and I am proud and I am not afraid of winning!