Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenue After Shels Again

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Revenue After Shels Again

From todays paper below, wonder what the hell the story is this time or is it just the conclusion of the last one?

Legal

Posted: 12/08/2006

THE HIGH COURT 2006 No. 280 COS IN THE MATTER OF ACCOLADE LIMITED AND IN THE MATTER OF THE COMPANIES ACTS, 1963-2003. NOTICE is hereby given that a Petition for the winding-up of the above-named company by the High Court was on the 1st day of August, 2006 presented to the High Court by Gerard Harrahill, Collector General, of Sarsfield House, Francis Street, Limerick, a creditor of the above-named company, and that the said Petition is directed to be heard before the High Court on the 23rd day of August, 2006, and that any creditor or contributory of the said company who wishes to support or oppose the making of an Order on the said Petition may appear at the time of hearing by himself or his Counsel for that purpose, and a copy of the Petition will be furnished to any creditor or contributory of the said company who requires it by the undersigned on payment of the regulated charge for the same. FRANCES COOKE, REVENUE SOLICITOR, DUBLIN CASTLE, DUBLIN 2. Solicitor for the Petitioner. Note: Any person who intends to appear at the hearing of the said Petition must serve or send by post to the above-named Petitioner or his Solicitor notice in writing of his intention to do so. The notice must state the name and address of the person or, if a firm, the name and address of the firm, and must he signed by the persor or firm, or his or their Solicitor, (If any), and must be served, or, if posted, must be sent by post in sufficient time to reach the above-named Solicitor or the Petitioner not later than 5 o'clock in the afternoon of the 22nd day of August, 2006

From the Indo

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what do you mean by conclusion of the last one?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I just wonder do they have to go back to court to agree that the last bill was paid. I doubt it given that the revenue have put a legal notice in the paper, but cannot imagine what Shels owe now for this to happen again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chippie0001 View Post
    I just wonder do they have to go back to court to agree that the last bill was paid. I doubt it given that the revenue have put a legal notice in the paper, but cannot imagine what Shels owe now for this to happen again.

maybe they havent paid up in the meantime

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    If the Revenue were happy with the money paid the last time they would not need to go back to the courts again as they would just cancel.

Seems like Shels may not have paid last sum of money in total or this is a new bill?

Either way seems certian that Shels have refaulted on money to the Revenue again.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looks like a new one to me. It refers to a petition for a winding-up order being put to the court on 1st August. If it was to do with the one from earlier in the season (June, I think?) you would logically expect the notice to refer to that petition.

Between the two Revenue appearances and threats of legal proceedings over the CHF points fiasco, it looks like Ollie's solicitor is gonna be a busy man this season. Again. Betcha he doesn't have to go to court to get paid.
    Revenge for 2002

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub View Post
    Looks like a new one to me. It refers to a petition for a winding-up order being put to the court on 1st August. If it was to do with the one from earlier in the season (June, I think?) you would logically expect the notice to refer to that petition.

Between the two Revenue appearances and threats of legal proceedings over the CHF points fiasco, it looks like Ollie's solicitor is gonna be a busy man this season. Again. Betcha he doesn't have to go to court to get paid.
    the previous one was March/April. It was in the Indo on the 16th of March

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This raises serious questions about licensing and its effectiveness.

I think clubs who incur such issues, especially twice in one season have to face sanctions by the FAI/League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Beyond a joke at this stage. 2 winding up notices within 5 months!
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Beyond a joke at this stage. 2 winding up notices within 5 months!

Can't see how there is historical debts as when the revenue filed the last time it would have been for all money outstanding that they knew of. Maybe this liability has only come to light now which begs other questions.

This really is making the league look a joke. 3 notices in 4/5 months to 2 of the leading clubs in the league. I know we all owe tax, we owe a lot but have come to a deal and are paying it off month by month. Others seem to disregard the law of ther land and feel they can do what they want. With this type of carry on there really is little future for a proper league in this country.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Clearly the Revenue are getting very tough on clubs otherwise the CCFC order would never have arisen.

CCFC explained that they were paying estimated 10k taxes a month but this should have been 20k or so which is how the 160k tax bill arose. We now pay 20k a month so when annual final bill due likely to be small top up or refund. This is standard business practice.

Shels have never explained how they came to owe 300k to the Revenue.

Bring back Rocketman!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Maybe Shelbourne's explanation will be the same as Cork's- total incompetence!

It's not too difficult to work out tax liabilities at the end of the day, there's no excuse for only paying half of what you should over a period of 16 months.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway Harps View Post
    Maybe Shelbourne's explanation will be the same as Cork's- total incompetence!

It's not too difficult to work out tax liabilities at the end of the day, there's no excuse for only paying half of what you should over a period of 16 months.
    Come back to us when your club can afford to actually pay its players wages.

Bring back Rocketman!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Oh right, so the fact that Harps are having problems makes only paying half your tax for 16 months ok? The revenue actually did you a favour by forcing you to sort this out.

Just so you know, all wages have been paid in full, on time every time so far this season. And we even pay the tax on them too!
    Last edited by Mr A; 13/08/2006 at 5:25 PM.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From www.shelbournefc.ie:

"Shelbourne FC wish to state that these debts will be discharged -as previously - before the due date."

Maybe I'm wrong but having spent many years of my life dealing with the Revenue Commissioners I've never once before seen them bring a company to court when that company had paid what they owed "before the due date" (14th of the month, every month, for those of you that don't know).

The Revenue are getting tough with all the clubs. You'll probably find that as the last winding-up petition was dated in mid-March it probably included taxes up to the end of December 2005. This new one is probably for taxes for the first six months of this year. Given Shels estimated wages you'd expect that to be between €20K and €25K a month which is another €120K to €150K that the Revenue are looking for.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stato View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but having spent many years of my life dealing with the Revenue Commissioners I've never once before seen them bring a company to court when that company had paid what they owed "before the due date" (14th of the month, every month, for those of you that don't know).
    Thedue date in this instance, I assume, is 23rd August, when the case is up before the High Court.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Thedue date in this instance, I assume, is 23rd August, when the case is up before the High Court.
    The due date is always the 14th day after the end of the month that the tax is deducted from the employees' wages. Shels are just making it sound like they're not really in arrears.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    What's the procedure if Shels haven't paid up by the 23rd? Will they immediately be put out of business?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stato View Post
    The due date is always the 14th day after the end of the month that the tax is deducted from the employees' wages. Shels are just making it sound like they're not really in arrears.
    I'm an accountant - I'm aware of that.

You're right that Shels are trying to put spin on it as usual, but in this case, it's probably fair to use the High Court sate as the "due date".

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast