Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Linfield launch anti-sectarian "True Blue" campaign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    It has not been well documented! It was rumour hearsay and bull that allowed that story to perpetuate.

I spoke only last week with a Derry City supporter who was at that game and regularly follows Derry. He also happens to be a regular supporter of Cliftonville. I asked him about this very incident and he replied to me that it was a load of "balls". He told me that the only person in Cliftonville colours that night was himself in a Cliftonville top. He also told me that the people involved in the chants/songs were 'well known' to him and were from Derry, but not regulars at Derry games and had no connection with Cliftonville whatsoever. He himself was one of the Derry supporters who was chastising them for their behaviour.
    So you're rebuking alleged hearsay with yet more hearsay.....!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    So you're rebuking alleged hearsay with yet more hearsay.....!?!
    HEARSAY:

Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.

Since that game I have been told that the version of events concerning Cliftonville fans at that game was bull, though some were happy to let it be spun out. Up to the point when I spoke to the Derry fan last week that was classed as hearsay. Since I spoke to him and he verified what had really happened then it ceased to be hearsay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well Mr Parker your version is also a load of Bull, as the truth is it was a mixture of both.

It was Derry scumbags who obtained tickets for their Belfast scumbag mates and met up at the game with one thing in mind.

And tell your Derry City source that he's talking shi*e because I witnessed 3 people with Cliftonville tops, 2 with polo-shirts and one with a jersey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krstic View Post
    Well Mr Parker your version is also a load of Bull, as the truth is it was a mixture of both.

It was Derry scumbags who obtained tickets for their Belfast scumbag mates and met up at the game with one thing in mind.

And tell your Derry City source that he's talking shi*e because I witnessed 3 people with Cliftonville tops, 2 with polo-shirts and one with a jersey.
    I wouldn't bother Krstic. Mr Parker will only discredit your vision as unverified hearsay.

His pal would know better than what you saw.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What's all the above crapola got to do with the True Blues?

When I see some posters' names on threads on here - I tend not to read them!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Ah yes mixture of the truth? People see Cliftonville colours. Sectarian songs = Cliftonville Supporters.

Being Belfast scumbags does not make them necessarily Cliftonville supporters in the same way being Derry Scumbags does not make them necessarily Derry supporters either.

BTW, Do you know the person I mentioned wearing the Cliftonville top. Good Derry man is he not? I am sorry that he was not 'fashion observant' failing to spot two polo shirts if that was the case. What I do know that he is a good Reds supporter, both the Cliftonville version and the Candystripe version and from a well respected Derry footballing family and I have no reason to doubt his word.

Oh and these scumbags, both Derry & Belfast, are they as "well connected" as I was also told?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    It has not been well documented! It was rumour hearsay and bull that allowed that story to perpetuate.

I spoke only last week with a Derry City supporter who was at that game and regularly follows Derry. He also happens to be a regular supporter of Cliftonville. I asked him about this very incident and he replied to me that it was a load of "balls". He told me that the only person in Cliftonville colours that night was himself in a Cliftonville top. He also told me that the people involved in the chants/songs were 'well known' to him and were from Derry, but not regulars at Derry games and had no connection with Cliftonville whatsoever. He himself was one of the Derry supporters who was chastising them for their behaviour.
    Mr Parker,

No offence but I was a few rows in front of three lads with Cliftonville gear on.

One lad had a Cliftonville hat on, and the other two had Cliftonville scarves. All with the de rigeur Celtic regalia as well.

They started a rendition "We're the boys from North of the Border" in the second half at which they were told to shut the **** up.

One of them was the worse for wear and threatened those around him with "I'll sort ye lot out" before taking a drunken swing. Amazingly they managed to practice a perfect Belfast accent throughout the game...........
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    BTW, Do you know the person I mentioned wearing the Cliftonville top. Good Derry man is he not? I am sorry that he was not 'fashion observant' failing to spot two polo shirts if that was the case. What I do know that he is a good Reds supporter, both the Cliftonville version and the Candystripe version and from a well respected Derry footballing family and I have no reason to doubt his word.
    What the fcuk was a supposed Derry City fan, apparently from a well respected footballing family in Derry, wearing a Cliftonville top at a Dery City match for...?

He certainly doesn't wear that to the Brandywell does he (that's if he goes....) ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah yes mixture of the truth? People see Cliftonville colours. Sectarian songs = Cliftonville Supporters.

Being Belfast scumbags does not make them necessarily Cliftonville supporters in the same way being Derry Scumbags does not make them necessarily Derry supporters either.

Oh and these scumbags, both Derry & Belfast, are they as "well connected" as I was also told?
    I only personally know one Derry man who actively follows Cliftonville and he was not at the game in question.

As for the "well connected" Derry men, I certainly did see one Derry man involved whom I would perceive to be "connected."

Although I do see your point, as the Derry men I witnessed would not in my opinion be regular Derry City supporters,so the same could be said of the Belfast men.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    What the fcuk was a supposed Derry City fan, apparently from a well respected footballing family in Derry, wearing a Cliftonville top at a Dery City match for...?

He certainly doesn't wear that to the Brandywell does he (that's if he goes....) ?
    He also wore it at the Grtna game in Scotland too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Although I do see your point, as the Derry men I witnessed would not in my opinion be regular Derry City supporters,so the same could be said of the Belfast men.
    Well please accept too, my opinion that those that have been refered to as Cliftonville supporters are not either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well please accept too, my opinion that those that have been refered to as Cliftonville supporters are not either.
    I did, that's why I said 'the same could be said of the Belfast men'!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    I did, that's why I said 'the same could be said of the Belfast men'!
    Thank you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345