Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limerick FC 1-1 Monaghan United

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Angry Limerick FC 1-1 Monaghan United

Same old same ol. Total dominance, just couldn't put a host of chances away apparently. Poor old Noel Mooney made another error for their equaliser.

Poor crowd also....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Congratulations on yere first draw of the season, thats some record!
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Well done the Mons..
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Came home from work and saw the result, disaster. It's a carbon copy of last season. We're going to finish mid-table. I think the squad is there, players are there, the manager is the problem. We're gone dead again and I think it's time to start seriously considering a change. The fans don't have confidence in him, the players don't seem to either, I wonder how much more patience Danny Drew has left?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Did McCartney play?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    For the record, "lims til i die" says it was the same old rubbish again tonight + poor crowd. Just as well we're not playing Derry on tuesday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    how did jay mccartney do?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya mccartney came on with about 5 mins to play, no time to make any impact. The bigger crime was not introducing Robbie earlier, anyone could see we were struggling to inject any bit of urgency to our play, im afraid NOC just doesnt have what it takes to progress this club on the pitch, time for change!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by george
    The bigger crime was not introducing Robbie earlier,
    Carrying a slight injury according to radio reports.

Quote Originally Posted by george
    im afraid NOC just doesnt have what it takes to progress this club on the pitch, time for change!!
    He proved in the first 10 games that he can do the job. The lack of strength in depth in a tired squad isn't helping. Plus, most of these dropped points are down to narrow defeats. A bit early to be calling time on this yet, don't you think??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He proved in the first 10 games that he can do the job. The lack of strength in depth in a tired squad isn't helping. Plus, most of these dropped points are down to narrow defeats. A bit early to be calling time on this yet, don't you think??[/QUOTE]

He has what it takes my ar$e. I played under him a few years ago, very limited knowledge of the game. He's proof that anyone can get their coaching badges and bluff themself into a job. It's time to give some of the younger local guys a chance and stop bringing in players on loan who have other things and clubs on their mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Carrying a slight injury according to radio reports.

He proved in the first 10 games that he can do the job. The lack of strength in depth in a tired squad isn't helping. Plus, most of these dropped points are down to narrow defeats. A bit early to be calling time on this yet, don't you think??
    No it's not too early. Let me remind you that it was the same story last year. The quality of football is still as bad even though we have far better players this season. This is also his second stint at this club and he didn't impress back then either. Overall, he DOESN'T have what it takes IMO, and should be shown the door. I wanted him out last season, was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, but not anymore. Good coach, poor manager. Taaaaaxi for the butcher!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Can someone post the line-up? According to the FAI website Tommy finished a Cooney cross while eleven-a-side said it was a Synnott cross.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think sacking NOC at this stage is wise. It's not like there are any obvious successors available anyway.

So to introduce instability at this stage of the season with a caretaker manager for who knows how long can't be good IMO. We have beaten most of the teams in this division - but all of the leading teams this season have gone through slumps - Dundalk lost first 4 and the 3 on the bounce. The confidence has obviously taken a knock - and the off-field antics are hardly helping.

We are still in the two cup competitions and 3 points off the league leaders. The recent run of bad results must end soon but its too early for the manager's head.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    I don't think sacking NOC at this stage is wise. It's not like there are any obvious successors available anyway.

So to introduce instability at this stage of the season with a caretaker manager for who knows how long can't be good IMO. We have beaten most of the teams in this division - but all of the leading teams this season have gone through slumps - Dundalk lost first 4 and the 3 on the bounce. The confidence has obviously taken a knock - and the off-field antics are hardly helping.

We are still in the two cup competitions and 3 points off the league leaders. The recent run of bad results must end soon but its too early for the manager's head.
    mike kerley is free.................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by see's it
    mike kerley is free.................
    Yeah right.....but are there enough resources there for him? Will he be handed everything on a silver platter like before? If not, and he has to use his initiave then....well, look at his secoond season in charge or this season at Waterford.Mike Kerley my arse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Yeah right.....but are there enough resources there for him? Will he be handed everything on a silver platter like before? If not, and he has to use his initiave then....well, look at his secoond season in charge or this season at Waterford.Mike Kerley my arse....
    NOC my arse.
    He may be a good coach but he is a brutal manager.

He has no tactics and as soon as the team go one down he doesnt know what to do.

Ok players may be tired cos of the size of the squad. That is fair enough cos that happens at all levels of football.

But then, why did NOC treat a good player like Finny so badly that he wants out of the club. This is a player that could have been used to give someone a rest every now and then. Even though he is a lot better than just a back up player.

Also why bring on the new winger last nite with 5mins to go. What can he do in 5mins. This is what baffles me about his subs.

It's time to give some of the younger local guys a chance and stop bringing in players on loan who have other things and clubs on their mind.
    I also agree with this. Some players are not performing yet they play week in week out. At least last nite NOC changed it a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Dermot Keely Now before it's too late.

2 Seasons on still going nowhere. .
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    For the record, "lims til i die" says it was the same old rubbish again tonight + poor crowd. Just as well we're not playing Derry on tuesday.
    and thank god its us, GUFC will be up for this game as a win would put a decent gap between to 2 of us once we get some sort of result in tolka tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Dermot Keely Now before it's too late.

2 Seasons on still going nowhere. .
    How can you give out about the brand of football we play and then look for Keely to take over. The man has never allowed any team of his to play football. It would be teh end of Robbie, Carthey et al when he brings in his amazon men to drive the ball up to. Not to mention that he would pack us with jackeens. Keely would be a major step backwards.

I don't think Kerley is an option either. A major criticism of NOC seems to be he is a great coach but not a good manager - which is exactly what WUFC fans are saying about Kerley now.

I know its easy to criticise alternatives but unless there is an obvious successor who would be an improvement then I think change is unwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    LFC in exile is spot on, the last person ye need is Keely!

I wouldn't quiet blame NOC, he is only playing the team he is due to the size of the squad. He needs some cash to bring in a few more heads to strengthened the squad and get the players playing for there positions, theres nothing like a bit of competition for places to get the best out of the players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast