Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: English Championship tips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb English Championship tips

Right lads, English Championship starting this weekend so thought I'd share a few tips for the season:

The Banker:
    Southampton 9/1 (they've already been backed in from 12s)...Just look at the guys they've brought in and you can see that they're preparing for an assault on the Premiership. Main problem scoring goals last season and have brought in Rasiak and Wright-Phillips, Skakel also highly-rated (although I'll admit I haven't seen him play as I avoid the Scottish League like the plague). Add George Burley to the mix and you'd have to see them in the top 2 by season-end....

The Long-Shot:
    Cardiff 33/1 - Dave Jones is a very good manager and tends to get the best out of his teams. Cardiff have been throwing the money around in pre-season and have made some very interesting signings, Chopra from Newcastle and McPhail standing out. And with Flood and possibly Koumas added to the mix these guys could well be worth keeping an eye on. An each-way bet perhaps?

The Dark Horses:
    Crystal Palace 12/1 and Coventry 18/1 - Again both teams have proven managers in Peter Taylor and Mickey Adams respectively and have brought in some fresh faces over the summer. I'm not going to back them myself but I think they will be in the play-off reckoning come the end of the season...

Dont bother with the clear favourites in this League (yer Sunderlands and Birminghams) as it going to be a very competitive one this year...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's really wide open this year. It's a very tough league at the best of times but there's very little seperating most of them this time around.

2 of Birmingham, West Brom and Southampton for the top 2. Norwich and Cardiff are 2 good outside bets for me but it'd be safer to bet for them to be in top 6 along with Palace.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Wide open year again, as an outsider I'd look to Preston or Cov, but think WBA will be the winners.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ogba
    Right lads, English Championship starting this weekend so thought I'd share a few tips for the season:

The Banker:
    Southampton 9/1 (they've already been backed in from 12s)...Just look at the guys they've brought in and you can see that they're preparing for an assault on the Premiership. Main problem scoring goals last season and have brought in Rasiak and Wright-Phillips, Skakel also highly-rated (although I'll admit I haven't seen him play as I avoid the Scottish League like the plague). Add George Burley to the mix and you'd have to see them in the top 2 by season-end....

The Long-Shot:
    Cardiff 33/1 - Dave Jones is a very good manager and tends to get the best out of his teams. Cardiff have been throwing the money around in pre-season and have made some very interesting signings, Chopra from Newcastle and McPhail standing out. And with Flood and possibly Koumas added to the mix these guys could well be worth keeping an eye on. An each-way bet perhaps?

The Dark Horses:
    Crystal Palace 12/1 and Coventry 18/1 - Again both teams have proven managers in Peter Taylor and Mickey Adams respectively and have brought in some fresh faces over the summer. I'm not going to back them myself but I think they will be in the play-off reckoning come the end of the season...

Dont bother with the clear favourites in this League (yer Sunderlands and Birminghams) as it going to be a very competitive one this year...
    The Saints at 9:1 looks like a good bet to place on Betfair and hope they start well to then lay it off! My tip for betting on The Championship winner is "DON'T"! , like you say, it's wide open, Leeds, Sunderland, Southampton, Birmingham, Wolves, Palace, Preston, West Brom, Ipswich, Derby..........Leicester....and on and on !!

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Wolves, Leeds and Palace to go up.

Relegated Colchester, Southend and.....QPR but Wednesday not to be far away again.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Was Dublin, then Madrid, then Paris, now London
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    West Brom and Palace to go st8 up.

Birmingham to beat Southampton in playoff final.

Wednesday to finish 17th