Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Rovers MUST Top League Attendance Table

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Rovers MUST Top League Attendance Table

Just looking at the Ocean FM Report on the Shelbourne Match:

Shelbourne: Dean Delaney, Owen Heary, Dave Rogers, Colin Hawkins, Sean Dillon, Stuart Byrne (Greg O’Halloran 77), Ollie Cahill (Richie Baker 79), Joseph Ndo, Glen Crowe, Jason Byrne, Bobby Ryan (Alan Moore 79).
    Not Used: Jamie Harris, Steve Williams.

Sligo Rovers: Richard Brush, Gavin Peers, Keith Foy (Jamie McKenzie 62), Michael McNamara, Liam Burns, Conor O’Grady, Adam Hughes, Fahrudin Kudozovic (Harpal Singh 77), Darren Mansaram, Chris Turner, Matthew Judge (Brian Cash 54).
    Not Used: Gary Curran, John O’Hara.

Player of the Match: Joseph Ndo.

Attendance: 900.
    Players Total, About 35 all on a wage! Attendance: 900

This is a club, in Dublin, Flying in the League, European Games over recent seasons, Attendance: 900! Must have been 150-200 from Sligo (Or Rovers Supporters living in Dublin)

I dont know who put the business plan together for this season at Rovers, but to say with an average gate of 1800 that we are not hitting our target, someone has got something wrong.

Every LOI Club must have other sources of income than the gate. and must be in massive debt.

Future? What Future?

Discuss
    Football is a Simple Game, complicated by fools - Brian Clough

All Sligo Leitrim Youth & Schoolboys Info is live on http://homepage.eircom.net/~mervilleafc/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Attendance was very poor alright. Would still say more than 900 though. It's a disgrace that the team who are top of the league and are playing at home against a team in 5th, get attendances like that though. Doesn't say much for the EL.

I think they had over 2000 in Tolka on a Monday night against Sunderland .
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    there was definitely a lot more than 900 but it is a f*ckin joke that their attendances are so low considering the quality of what's on show every 2nd week
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Shels have never been a crowd puller. They have no tradition in Tolka Park or the general Drumcondra area and it seems that they will continue their nomadic lifestyle as they intend to sell Tolka to developers.

Sligo Rovers (and every other Club) have had relatively poor attendances because Summer soccer sucks. People want to watch GAA, mow the lawn, go on foreign holidays, swim, go to BBQs, attend music festivals, go horse racing, go away for weekends in Ireland (and not to Ballybofey, Drogheda or Athlone!!!).

However, EL clubs are going well in Europe and we can't ignore it. Look at what Drogs and Derry have achieved. It's amazing.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I have been a Rovers regular since I can remember early eighties and for a half decent side the crowds are ****i n terrible. From what I can gather the Shels side at the minute sound unbeatable and yet this is the club could be on their ar se and no home by the end of the season, yet some people on this site think its a good idea the club never exisited. No wonder the league is a joke.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I agree the crowds are a disgrace but there s few weeks lag between playing well and an increase in crowds. We had a bit of an up and down start to the season and the football on show was hoof hoof hoof. We didnt take advantage of the early season high crowds and probably lost a lot of them for the whole season ???

The last three games have been great to watch and Im sure if they continue to play the way they are that we will see a rise in crowds.

No disrespect to Sligo but 5th or 11th doesnt really matter as it not a fixture where we get a big crowd (in EL terms).

Sine the two week break for the World Cup crowds seem to have gone further downwards and Im not exactly sure what the problem is.

I dont think we will be filling Tolka anytime soon but results in recent weeks will help increase crowds over the coming weeks.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I know its heart breaking. I think though, if things work out, there could be a chnage in the low crowds in Tolka. Hopefully a few new things work and crowds increase a bit.
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Amazes me sometimes the talent on show in the upper echelons of the eL and the lack of crowds, especially at Shels.
    Makes ya wonder just how far Shels, Derry, Drogs and City can risk going in terms of professionalism.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Crowds have been spiralling downwards since the start of the season. Don't know what the reason for this is. Maybe the poor football we played in March as Higgins already suggested or its just the usual summer decline. Hopefully with a run of big games there'll be some big crowds. At this stage we are relying on the away team to make the attendance respectable and to bring the cash in. Cork and Bohs soon should be big crowds. Fingers crossed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeixlipRed
    Crowds have been spiralling downwards since the start of the season. Don't know what the reason for this is. Maybe the poor football we played in March as Higgins already suggested or its just the usual summer decline. Hopefully with a run of big games there'll be some big crowds. At this stage we are relying on the away team to make the attendance respectable and to bring the cash in. Cork and Bohs soon should be big crowds. Fingers crossed
    As far as I have been concerned Shels have been alwayys a very bad supported side two cup FAI cup semi finals in the nineties in the Showgrounds yet hardly generated 200 supporters in either of the games.
    Where do Shels exactly draw their support?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know a few people who support teams like Pats and Bray and they aren't going to as many matches as they usually do cause of the no relegation issue, its a bit of a non year as far as they are concerned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    900 seems a bit low for the Shels match , the main stand looks like it holds more than the on in the showgrounds and there wasn't many empty seats in it also a few hundred behind the goals , ollie must be back to cash only basis these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    in fairness there were loads of empty seats in that stand.
    it looks full but when you go over to it there are intire rows empty and even when all the Rovers fans went over at half time you could see how empty it was.
    900 does seem low though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    I don't think the 900 includes season tickets and Junior Shels tickets (all prepaid) so the actual crowd was probably around 1200.