Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Inter Milan declared italian champions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Inter Milan declared italian champions

Internazionale have been celebrating their newly acquired Serie A title after Juventus were stripped of the championship.

The Old Lady had the 2005/06 scudetto taken from them for their involvement in the country's match-fixing
    scandal.

The Nerazzurri finished third in the league, but Milan were also punished for their involvement in the corruption, and so the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza outfit have been awarded the trophy.

Club supremo Massimo Moratti has been revelling in the club's first title win since 1989 and is looking forward to playing in the UEFA Champions League group stages in the coming campaign.

"I'd like to make clear that this is a good decision," Moratti told Sky Italia.

"The team are right to be proud. It's a boost for the future. We are starting with something under our belts.

"I am satisfied and do not have any shame. It's not us that should have to feel ashamed.

"We want to remain the champions, and are building up to do so. We have a competitive team, a good team spirit and the professionalism to win again."

Inter still want to add a new striker to the books for the coming season, with Juve's Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet and Fiorentina's Luca Toni all still targets.

"I believe, I think, one of them could arrive. Then you don't exactly know," Moratti added.

"There is a lot of time for more transfers."

With Juve relegated to Serie B and Lazio, Fiorentina and Milan all set to start the season with point deductions Inter will never have a better chance to retain the trophy that they have been awarded

Could you really celebrate this title if you were an Inter fan???? I dont think i could, it would feel a bit empty. Being first on the last day of the season is what its all about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    Could you really celebrate this title if you were an Inter fan???? I dont think i could, it would feel a bit empty. Being first on the last day of the season is what its all about.
    but im sure it feels very fulfilling to win a match that has been already decided. Inter didnt cheat therefore they deserve it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    It hasn't been awarded to them yet, they've just decided to call themselves champions...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover
    but im sure it feels very fulfilling to win a match that has been already decided. Inter didnt cheat therefore they deserve it.
    good point....i still dont think i could celebrate it whole heartedly if i was an inter fan. If chelsea and Manu were relegated after match fixing last season i wouldnt be jumping up and down today if liverpool were given the title.
    Last edited by jockser; 27/07/2006 at 6:57 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    It hasn't been awarded to them yet, they've just decided to call themselves champions...
    It has been awarded to them.
    http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/n...Id=439745.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Forza Nerazzurri,the honest team and rightful champions
    No Comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Will still feel a bit hollow to them , still though I think they are on an upward spiral in any case and are bound to win it sooner or later!At least thats what Moratti hopes after all the money they have put in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I doubt the players will be celebrating and it will be a hollow anti climatical feeling, however, as someone pointed out, they did not cheat so they deserve to call themselves the Champions. I think most of the Italian public will just want to forget about the last couple of seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It'll be added to the clubs list of honours & no doubt the players will get medals but i cant see it ever being celebrated, as an Inter fan myself i was more embarassed than anything else when i heard the news! At the end of the day winning it on the pitch is what the fans & players really want irrespective of the politics off it!

Koh
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Being an Inter fan I understand the people who are talking about this being a hollow victory and whatnot, but the way some people in the media and elsewhere are talking about it, you'd swear we were the ones who should be ashamed of the mockery Serie A has become.

We are not the ones who should be ashamed of the actions of Juventus, Lazio, Fiorentina and Berlusconi's Boys, and has anyone else thought that maybe the fact that we are a fair club in a corrupt league been the reason why we haven't won the scudetto in so long?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus
    We are not the ones who should be ashamed of the actions of Juventus, Lazio, Fiorentina and Berlusconi's Boys, and has anyone else thought that maybe the fact that we are a fair club in a corrupt league been the reason why we haven't won the scudetto in so long?
    Yes you have a point. But on the other hand even a corrupt Serie A produces better quality football than the Premiershi*!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus
    Being an Inter fan I understand the people who are talking about this being a hollow victory and whatnot, but the way some people in the media and elsewhere are talking about it, you'd swear we were the ones who should be ashamed of the mockery Serie A has become. We are not the ones who should be ashamed of the actions of Juventus, Lazio, Fiorentina and Berlusconi's Boys, and has anyone else thought that maybe the fact that we are a fair club in a corrupt league been the reason why we haven't won the scudetto in so long?
    As a fellow Inter fan, it was always frustrating to see so many years of hard work go down the drain, I'm proud that in a league reeking of corruption, scandal, and political interference, Inter are a clean club. Not a particularly successful club, but a clean one nevertheless. The title may not have been claimed in the happiest circumstances, but after 17 years of fruitless failure, we'll gladly accept whatever we're given, after winning nothing for so long.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wonder if Italian football officials have called around to all of Juve's squad from last year to repossess their medals??? just a thought