Page 29 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Darron Gibson

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    I'm just worried it could be another Darren Potter...
    Fair point, especially given that his style of play isn't one that's typically suited to the EPL.

I think he played RHM at Wolves which was never going to suit him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrostars View Post
    I don't think that's accurate. I'm pretty sure he has another year left on his contract.

"But it’s been an unbelievable year. At the start of the season I didn’t think I would be involved in so many games so It’s been a great for me. I feel I can compete for a regular first team place next season and that’s the next step for me.

“I’ve opted to stay at United next season rather than go out on loan. I know this is a big club, but I think I’ve more than held my own and I feel I can offer something to the manager,” added Gibson.

http://www.derryjournal.com/derry-sp...ted.5300550.jp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just saw on Skysports news that Gibson is to be sold this summer. I thought Fergie rated a bit more, after he got a few games in this season. I wonder if there'll be another EPL team interested in signing him or will he end up in the Championship?
    "We didn't underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought."

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    All I can find. Says Wolves are interested.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...5875-21413092/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    its from a report in the mirror.

i would be doubtful that it is true. i would anticipate him being there for at least one more season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ofjames View Post
    its from a report in the mirror.

i would be doubtful that it is true. i would anticipate him being there for at least one more season
    No mention of it on Uniteds official site so Id say its nonsense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    if he got regular football even if it is in the championship it wouldnt be all that bad IMO. cant really see him getting a game in many prem league teams at the minute. wonder what keano thinks of him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangball View Post
    that site just reports what's in the tabloids. It's still only the Mirror so far which has the worst success rate for transfer rumours in Britain.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    if he got regular football even if it is in the championship it wouldnt be all that bad IMO. cant really see him getting a game in many prem league teams at the minute. wonder what keano thinks of him.
    didnt seem too rate him too highly when saying that if he hadn made it in united by now he never will

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    588 Posts
    Has there been any confirmation that he has officially been transfer listed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd be surprised if hes been transfer listed, will be a good choice for CM as he does have the potential, hes like a young Paul Scholes, can score absolute screamers! and hes gone from 9th choice midlfielder to being a regular on the bench in 1 year for United, surely thats a decent achievment for someone of his age ?
    Coleman for Ireland

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    if you think about it, the mirror has nothing to gain from making up a rumour about 3 young relativley unknown players, so its unlikely to be false

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richieos View Post
    if you think about it, the mirror has nothing to gain from making up a rumour about 3 young relativley unknown players, so its unlikely to be false
    Yes, but on the other hand, bullplop rumours fill the pages during the off season nicely; and unlike rumours about the Ronaldos or Rooneys, those on the fringe of the squad wouldn't require as much validation from the paper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    I can see him staying at United for another season, but if he doesn't break into the side, he'll need to look for another team. Ipswich maybe? (He mentions in an interview that Keane's his hero).

Regardless, there is no doubt about his talent and his ability to score goals like that against Hull and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85dR46PkX14

If he can stay injury free next season, he should mature further into a confident and reliable player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Gibson speaks:
    Commenting on his own future, given that his current contract with United expires at the end of the 2010 season, Darron said he would be entering into negotiations with the club next week in the hope of extending his current deal and ending speculation linking him with a move away from the club.

"It's exciting times for me," he suggested. "My contract is coming to an end so, hopefully, at the end of the month I'll be signing a new one. My current deal ends at the end of next season but, normally, a player would enter into new contract talks at the end of this month."

Transfer Listed?
    It had been reported that the former Tristar Boys' Club player was placed on the Transfer List despite scoring a stunning winning goal against Hull City in the final game of the season and having played a major role in the Carling Cup campaign. However, Gibson dismissed those rumours and expressed his desire to remain at Old Trafford and challenge for a regular place in the first team.

"I've been told that a few clubs had expressed an interest in signing me but I was never placed on the list. I want to give it a good push and have a proper go at it next season before I decide to go anywhere else.

"I think if I keep my head down and get a few games under my belt, I'll be able to go into central midfield and do as good a job as anyone else," claimed the player.

In fact, the Republic of Ireland international has his sights set on further success at the top level with the 'Red Devils' next season and he's determined to make an impact at the club.

"The season just finished was my best season at Manchester United by a mile," claimed Gibson. "If you had asked me at the start of last season what I thought was going to happen, I probably would have told you I would be going out on loan and wouldn't have contemplated even playing in the first team. But I decided to stay, put my head down and pushed on from there.

"Thankfully the chances came my way and I took them. I played a few first team games - a lot more than I was expecting to play - and every time I did play, I felt I did well.

"Obviously I got my first winners' medal as well which was unbelievable and that gave me a great boost. Some top players have never get won a medal throughout their careers. I really enjoyed last season but, hopefully, next season I can push on and do a bit more," he concluded
    http://www.derryjournal.com/derry-sp...-be.5368747.jp
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    588 Posts
    The above is good news, I always felt those rumours about him being transfer listed were wide off the mark.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, which will serve him well in his career. Next season will be crucial for him with Manchester United. I just have a feeling that he can/will make it there, it may be nothing more than an instinct or intuition but..............................fingers crossed.
    (It will be great for the national side if he does)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    You would have to agree that UTD have nothing to lose by letting him stay for another season. He hasn't been totally excellent but he has made steady progress and didn't let himself down with any of his performances; showing flashes of brillance with a few top-class goals. It's probably too early to say if he will be good enough for UTD in the long-term. So I think they are doing the right thing to hang onto him and see how he develops over the next season.
    As it stands they could probably only sell him for a relativly small fee and would be kicking themselves if he developed into a fine player at a different club. It will be interesting to see if they actually extend his contract.
    By the sounds of it I'd say even if they only offerd him an extra year he'd accept it.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    He should go on loan to Ipswich. He'd likely start 46 league matches next season in central midfield if he were to stay healthy, and then if they were promoted, he could stay on with them and become a regular starter in the Premiership. I don't see what he stands to gain, other than money, by staying on with Man Utd. He's not an adequate replacement for Scholes or any better than Fletcher. Keep in mind that Hargreaves will be back competing for a place in the midfield next month.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    He should go on loan to Ipswich. He'd likely start 46 league matches next season in central midfield if he were to stay healthy, and then if they were promoted, he could stay on with them and become a regular starter in the Premiership. I don't see what he stands to gain, other than money, by staying on with Man Utd. He's not an adequate replacement for Scholes or any better than Fletcher. Keep in mind that Hargreaves will be back competing for a place in the midfield next month.
    hargreaves is rumoured to be out until January at least. His recovery is still very uncertain and his career is in serious jeopardy. he cannot train two days in a row and is yet to start kicking a ball.

scholes and giggs are going to play even fewer games this season. he should stay and fight for one more year. he'll get a good champo club at the very least next summer if things dont work out.