Page 121 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3381

Thread: Darron Gibson

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    I suppose it's a matter of opinion whether he's entitled to talk to the manager or not about his place in the team, but I'd expect if he does ask the manager a question, he can expect to get an answer.
    But it's not a matter of opinion that he's been shooting off his mouth, because he hasn't been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    But it's not a matter of opinion that he's been shooting off his mouth, because he hasn't been.
    Okay, okay, you're really pushing this point. I think Gibson is out of line questioning the manager in his current situation, and allegedly considering his international future. Also, asking the manager if he's got a problem with him seems a bit provocative to me, not really the road you want to go down with Trap. Fair enough if it doesn't fully fit into the "shooting his mouth off" category. I was speaking pretty generally about more than just him after reading McClean's comments as well...

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Gibson and a few more have a long way to go before they earn the right to go shooting their mouths off.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    You may be presuming that talking to the manager about his future is a provocative action, you may be presuming that Gibson is all fired up to give Trap an ultimatum.
    Perhaps you could also consider that Gibson has every right to consult Trap, the manner of that meeting does not have to be provocative and what Gibson does in response to those answers is another matter. If the answers don't meet his satisfaction, Gibson can alway call Lee Carsley (similar situation) for advice or his club manager for advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    It's not a club-like situation where if you're not in the plans you can get a transfer. He's stuck either with or without us, so I would suggest shutting up and seeing where he stands come the next campaign. There is many a reason that can be given for his exclusion this time around, he shouldn't need Trap to spell them out for him. If he's playing well this time next year, and Paul Green is still ahead of him in the pecking order, then a chat with the manager may be more justified.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Gibson has started for Everton against Manchester United tonight. Hopefully he feels like he has a point to prove to Ferguson and we can get a good performance out of him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,336 Posts
    Gibson with the assist on Fellaini's header from a corner. Had taken 3 corners before that, each of them cleared.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Gibson with the assist on Fellaini's header from a corner. Had taken 3 corners before that, each of them cleared.
    All his corners were put into dangerous position, he did quite well tonight against Scholes and Cleverely, did the simple things right

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Apart from a few loose balls over the top where the winger was expecting a short pass, and one 50/50 he chickened out of on the edge of the box, he did very little wrong. He would have improved the opposition midfield tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    He would have improved the opposition midfield tonight.
    That should almost be expected of him - Scholes can't defy the ravages of time forever, and Cleverly is a kid (however gifted). If anything, it's more a criticism of Ferguson's transfers the last few years than praise of Gibson. Still, nice to hear he's doing well. He could be a vital player for Ireland if he matures just a little more, and he seems to be in the right place for it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    That should almost be expected of him - Scholes can't defy the ravages of time forever, and Cleverly is a kid (however gifted). If anything, it's more a criticism of Ferguson's transfers the last few years than praise of Gibson. Still, nice to hear he's doing well. He could be a vital player for Ireland if he matures just a little more, and he seems to be in the right place for it.
    Cleverly is 23 not a kid. Gibson is a very good footballer who never got a run of games at utd and was treated badly by the fans. He has played every game for everton since he joined in jan which has coincided with evertons excellent form. His passing is crisp and neat, he has good close control and he can see a pass. He works hard which you have to to get in to a Moyes team. What the hell else do we want?Gibson and Mccarthy are by far better footballers than whelan/andrews which is the reason andrews in in the championship. Also Gibson has made a big effort to play for the republic and yet seems to be hated by ireland fans

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The thing is all that you describe there is a relatively recent development. Until his Everton move he was too often utterly anonymous in games, and therefore people didn't rate him. The more he plays well for Everton and Ireland the more people will come round.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    That's a bit harsh on Gibson. I thought he looked very impressive by any measure, not just against the poor opposition. And Cleverley arguably has as much Premier League experience than Gibson so he's hardly a kid.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Everton played a game of by-passing hte midfield, and getting the knock downs, like hitting the full forward in gaelic annd the corner forwards feeding off the knock downs and scraps, piennar and jelavic picking them up. What he did was fine, but it wasnt a throughfare from midfield.

BBC said it was osman with the corner in the match report.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It was a very GAA-like approach - the wingers and midfielders were so sure Fellaini would win every knock down that they could gamble on racing past him. It was 100% Gibson taking the corner though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,336 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Everton played a game of by-passing hte midfield, and getting the knock downs, like hitting the full forward in gaelic annd the corner forwards feeding off the knock downs and scraps, piennar and jelavic picking them up. What he did was fine, but it wasnt a throughfare from midfield.

BBC said it was osman with the corner in the match report.
    I was watching the game, it was definitely Gibson
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Osman (#21) was in the box when the corner was taken: http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos...hester-united/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    So did Gibson take the corner or what?
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Gibson took the corner - end of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He both took the corner and didn't take the corner.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Pics or it didn't happen.