Page 105 of 170 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3381

Thread: Darron Gibson

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Beest of luck to gibson have to say I really like him and I think if everton can get him a bit more mobile with a tailored fitnes/agility program we will have a proper player on our hand I think. Interestingly Wilson and gibson are the same age and wilson was part of the utd academy but has taken a very different route in football since than gibson and has done great. Gibson as the more attacking part of a midfield 2 with wilson might be a partnership we see sometime.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    SSN saying a move to Everton is imminent. £2.5m.

Lazy git.
    With this transfer, he doesn't even have to pack his stuff into boxes and move house.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    I can never understand all the flak Gibson gets. OK so he never set the world alight but there are always signs of what he could be, but he's never been given a good stretch of a run the Man Utd first XI. Also, we don't have many players who can say they have scored in the CL quarter finals and semi finals...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJbzMebE4rw
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Ollie Holt's now reporting it's a 500k deal with 1.5m add-ons. Either way, it's a bargain for Everton*. Gibson still has the potential to be a top Premier League player.

* Ferguson has a vested interested in maintaining a very good relationship with David Moyes and Everton.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts
    Deal done, according to RTE. Four and a half year contract, though no mention of salary or transfer fee.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2012/...d_everton.html
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts

7. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    So who's gonna be the first to take back their comments about his ambition/hunger/greed?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Hope it works out for him. Everton have some decent midfielders though so he'll need to start contributing quickly or he could be looking at a lot of bench time again.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    So who's gonna be the first to take back their comments about his ambition/hunger/greed?
    I'll admit I was sucked in a little, (though I did use the words 'if' and 'reserve judgement' to cover me ).

So I applaud this move, one of the best clubs he could of left for realistically. Here's hoping to a Phil Neville like renaissance. Coleman, Duffy and Gibson to all be in the first XI by May?

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Ha, you get a pass Joe because you're always reasonable. I think Gibson will slot in easily in the Everton midfield - like I said a few pages back, he's got the range of passing and scoring threat they've lacked since Arteta left (or, really, since Arteta went off the boil a couple of years ago). I think Duffy will be loaned again this month, hopefully to a Championship club. The disaster would be if Everton couldn't sign another defender and he was left to rot on the bench.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Good move for Gibson. Here's hoping he can prove himself now and play regularly. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Best of luck to the lad. I think he will manage to hold down a place with a little bit of luck.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts
    If anyone's interested in Gibson and his character, they can check out his first interview on evertontv.com. They can study his language, his demeanour, body language etc. and then weigh that up against their previous conjecture.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Its the biggest chance of his career this, he could go either way depending on how the next few months go for him. Hope I'm wrong about him.

We will try to put pressure on him to become a goalscoring midfielder with his shot. But also with his delivery, he can help us hopefully from set pieces
    Interesting line from Moyes on how he sees him. Rather than someone who plays more defensively and deeper that trap likes to play him as.
    Last edited by Murfinator; 13/01/2012 at 1:00 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    A great move that will define Darron Gibson as a footballer. He never really got a chance at Manchester United, he was never quite the standard, but there's no shame in that considering they have been consistently in the top two of the Premier League for the entirety of his senior career. He has answered the questions about hunger and greed, now he should have the chance to answer the questions about him on the pitch too.

I hope he turns out to be a solid goal-scoring midfielder for Everton, I'm glad he's getting the chance to prove himself at a decent level.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    Its the biggest chance of his career this, he could go either way depending on how the next few months go for him. Hope I'm wrong about him.

Interesting line from Moyes on how he sees him. Rather than someone who plays more defensively and deeper that trap likes to play him as.
    I suppose you could play Gibson in a sort of Pirlo-esque deep-lying midfield role with a propensity to make good passes, take set-pieces and late arrivals for goal-scoring opportunities. Arteta played in this role quite a bit but moved to a more advanced and occupied the number 10 shirt. It depends on how Moyes wants to play Fellaini who is quite versatile as the role he plays in the middle. Maybe Cahill's best days are past him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David Moyes
    I can see there is a toughness about him, and I can see there is a hunger, and it is up to him to try and get into the Irish squad for the Euros. It is a big six months for him. We got a really good deal for the Club and it’s a young player who we know we can have here for the next four or five years. It’s up to him to show what he’s about.
    The Moyes factor is the biggest plus here imo. The length of contract shows plenty of confidence in the guy too. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing him playing regularly.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Ollie Holt's now reporting it's a 500k deal with 1.5m add-ons. Either way, it's a bargain for Everton*. Gibson still has the potential to be a top Premier League player.

* Ferguson has a vested interested in maintaining a very good relationship with David Moyes and Everton.
    Is Ferguson "grooming" Moyes as his successor at Utd (will Ferguson get to annoint his sucessor in any case) and whatever could Darrons tranfer have to do with it.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Is Ferguson "grooming" Moyes as his successor at Utd (will Ferguson get to annoint his sucessor in any case) and whatever could Darrons tranfer have to do with it.
    Think he's softening him up so he can take his Rod-Well.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Think he's softening him up so he can take his Rod-Well.
    Is there some double "entendres" in there. Anyways, nice of Moyes to play along. It is a good opportunity for Darron and I hope it goes well for him.