Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3381

Thread: Darron Gibson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Who'd he be defying? You?
    You know if I had my way I'd have David De Gea ahead of him in the middle of the park

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Wow, that's awful news about Fletcher. UC is an awful disease. Wish him all the best in his recovery.

It is an good opportunity for Gibson. With the extensive Christmas schedule, he will definitely see some game time. However, there is no doubt that Ferguson will now buy a midfielder (possibly two) in Jan. Hopefully, Gibson can do well enough to secure a move out of United in January. That is the best case scenario IMO. Can't see him establishing himself in United's midfield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I cant see him establishing himself anywhere, seems to have a S****y attitude and not enough skill to back it up.
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Sad news about Fletcher being cut down in his prime. Although this increases Gibson's chances of playing, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up in seeing this happen. True, there is the Christmas run coming up, but the most I see Darron playing is a cameo from the bench if someone needs a rest. Ferguson will still prefer Carrick, Giggs, Jones, Park over him and even Rooney (if all the strikers were fit). Also Cleverley is supposed to be back around Christmas. Would like to see Darron given another chance but I think Ferguson has really lost all complete faith/interest in him.

I think that if Darron has any ambitions of making the plane then his agent should be a very busy fellow right about now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Gibson starts against Wigan in a much changed MUFC side. Gibson vs. McCarthy. Who will get a seat on the plane?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Gibson starts in a very strange Man Utd team. Only two defenders.

Lindegaard, Valencia, Carrick, Evans, Evra, Gibson, Gigs, Nani, Berbatov, Park, Hernandez

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Jinx!

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Darron Gibson led the passing stats with 75/78/96%. Antonio Valencia 2nd with 53/54/98%. Here are his second half passes - 100 percent completion. Not too bad - hopefully someone signs him ASAP.

http://fourfourtwo.com/statszone/share.aspx?i=04tTC

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It's hard to judge on that because the game was so one-sided but he looked very tidy. Still needs to show more hunger for the ball in my opinion and generally just get around around the pitch quicker.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Thought he played well in his first premier league game of an injury plagued season . He looks every inch a united player but hopefully he will finally leave when the window opens so he can play 15-20 games in a row in a side where you are not lambasted by the entire nation if you misplace a pass or are within 20 yards of an opponent who scores against utd. McCarthy and Gibson lining up against Croatia would give us a solid technically able midfield who could keep the ball and play and the 10 to 20 yard passes to give the likes of duff and mcgeady the opportunity to create chances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    And I put him in my fantasy team before the game, go on the me!

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    And I put him in my fantasy team before the game, go on the me!
    Did ya hell! No rational reasoning behind that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    I knew he'd be playing given the amount of injurys as well as the amount of games they have in close proximity, and chances are they'd score so many goals he'd have something to do with at least 1, they play blackburn next don't they and have an awfully busy schedule so I expect him to feature a fair bit for the next 2 weeks, then we shall see if they sell or not.

anyone I told laughed at me, lookit me now!

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    anyone I told laughed at me, lookit me now!
    Not in the squad today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    He injured? Utd's squad today is completely patchwork, likes of Pogba, Will Keane, someone called Cole on the bench.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Not in the squad today.
    And look where that got them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Our Wee Darron's been a naughty boy: http://twitpic.com/81cxca

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Wayne Rooney was dropped from Manchester United’s team against Blackburn yesterday and ordered to pay a six-figure fine after a bust-up with manager Alex Ferguson.In their star striker’s absence, Rooney’s team crashed to an unexpected 2-3 home defeat.The row erupted, according to sources, because the 26-year-old striker and wife Coleen went out for a Boxing Day dinner with teammates celebrating United’s 5-0 win over Wigan earlier that day.
    Night out: Rooney and Coleen's meal with players led to a row with manager Ferguson

During a training session last Tuesday, Rooney, Jonny Evans and Darron Gibson are understood to have been overheard saying how much they and their partners had enjoyed the evening in Manchester.

But when Ferguson, who was 70 yesterday, heard about the night out, he is said to have ordered Rooney into his office for a dressing down.Furious: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson

The three players were told to do extra training on Wednesday – their day off. Then, on Friday night, Rooney was informed he and his two team-mates would be dropped for the home fixture against Blackburn Rovers, and that he had been hit with the huge financial penalty.While the rest of the United squad spent yesterday morning preparing for the lunchtime kick-off, Rooney, Evans and Gibson were told they would be doing more extra training.The striker was said last night to be ‘bemused’ and ‘furious’ over Sir Alex’s reaction and to believe he had been treated unfairly. As United crashed to defeat, speculation grew that the row between the England star and Sir Alex could put his future at Manchester United in jeopardy.Rooney and Ferguson’s relationship looked beyond repair 14 months ago after Rooney told Ferguson he no longer wanted to play for United. Rooney released a statement, saying his decision was based on ambition and it seemed certain he would leave Old Trafford.But within days, Rooney had made a dramatic U-turn and agreed to a contract extension that tied him to the club until 2015.Manchester United did not respond to questions about the row last night.
    To be fair, it sounds like an old man with a grudge and no perspective but it's impossible to argue against Alex. I hope this is straw for the camel to bear and Darron leaves for new pastures.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Well I'd hope he'd be a professional and have the deciding factor as 2 games all season and not a child throwing his toys out of his pram because he was disciplined.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    great to see utd lose yesterday gibson is treated woefully by those utd fans funny to read their forum saying how they wood be better off with raphael and park in midfield instead of him muppets. Gibson will be quality midfielder for prem side hopefully cleverley is nearly fit so they will let gibson go