Page 104 of 170 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3381

Thread: Darron Gibson

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    The move to Everton gathers momentum. Hopefully this is the real version as opposed to that ******** about running a contract down. This one is a few lines longer at least, although there remain no quotes in sight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490

Everton are closing on a cut-price £1million deal for Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson.

Manager David Moyes has a limited budget but is desperate to add bodies to his squad which has been decimated by injuries and sees 24-year-old Gibson as a player who can lift his team.

The Republic of Ireland international has struggled to cement a first team place at Old Trafford and was in trouble with manager Sir Alex Ferguson last month when he, Wayne Rooney and Jonny Evans were all fined following a night out on Boxing Day which left them unfit to train properly the following day.

However, Moyes has a knack of getting the best out of players and believes Gibson's best years are yet to come. He will hope to wrap the deal up by the weekend and will then look to sign a striker and centre half.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Seems like he's on his way to Everton for 1 million, United have done well...I thought they would have had to pay more then a million to Everton to take him

In all seriousness though, It should be a good move for all involved, and he should get more game time at Everton then he was at Unitedwhich for obvious reasons I hope he does...Just don't see him been an automatic starter there.

About time he made this move though before his carear really started to pass him bye. Goodluck Darron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Hope this happens, for his sake as much as anything else. I'd hope he'd be desperate for a move to nail down a place for the Euro's.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Darron Gibson has never impressed me, let's see how he can do at another club. I think he'll be playing in the Championship next season myself.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I think Darron would be a far better partner to Andrews than Whelan is in Trap's midfield. He's a more capable passer of the ball than Whelan, and his movement isn't all that different from Whelan's when they don't have the ball. Plus we get to shout "shoot" every time he has the ball around the box. Hopefully the Everton move can give him first team chances.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    credit where its due , if he moves.

good to see he wants to prove himself

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Strange business from Everton, they haven't spent money on a player in 2 years and they beak that for Darron Gibson?

While I don't know how another central midfielder can fit in for them, I'd be surprised if there weren't some strings attached from United. They're believed to be interested in all of Felliani, Rodwell and Barkley. Perhaps a first refusal or some such would be part of the deal. If someones departure is inevitable in the summer its obviously good news for Gibson.

Although I think Ferguson would just be glad to be rid of Gibson at this stage, they seem to have a very worn relationship.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Darron Gibson has never impressed me, let's see how he can do at another club. I think he'll be playing in the Championship next season myself.
    Could see him in the MLS, Australian league or some middle eastern club personally. He'd never hack the demands of the lower leagues, he'll follow the money and take an offer from some developing soccer nation who'd be only too happy to have an ex-Man Utd guy on their promotion list.

Probably not next season, I'd imagine he'd underwhelm at Everton for the reaminder of the year. Get a final chance next season and fail to take it, probably falling out with Moyes in the process. He'll be on his way the next summer.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    Could see him in the MLS, Australian league or some middle eastern club personally. He'd never hack the demands of the lower leagues, he'll follow the money and take an offer from some developing soccer nation who'd be only too happy to have an ex-Man Utd guy on their promotion list.

Probably not next season, I'd imagine he'd underwhelm at Everton for the reaminder of the year. Get a final chance next season and fail to take it, probably falling out with Moyes in the process. He'll be on his way the next summer.
    Why bother expressing such negativity? Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion, but what are you hoping to achieve describing in detail how you think an Irish footballer's career is going to fall apart? And what's with the digs about him following the money?

Personally, I'd wish Gibson the best. I'd hope Moyes will get the best out of him and he'll go on to add to the 17 caps he already has for Ireland. I hope he's given a chance to prove himself with Everton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts
    Darron Gibson has not made it this far at Man United without having ability and work ethic.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Why bother expressing such negativity? Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion, but what are you hoping to achieve describing in detail how you think an Irish footballer's career is going to fall apart? And what's with the digs about him following the money?

Personally, I'd wish Gibson the best. I'd hope Moyes will get the best out of him and he'll go on to add to the 17 caps he already has for Ireland. I hope he's given a chance to prove himself with Everton.
    I could ask you why bother expressing such negativity about another poster (or indeed why me when someone 3 posts above mine raised the prospect of Gibsons imminent career collapse). It's already been said that the lad rejected Sunderland because of their wage offer and was open to letting his Man Utd contract run out so he'd be in a stronger negotiating position even despite the damage it'd do to his Euro 2012 fitness. His run in with Ferguson has since probably meant that he's being thrown out the door rather than him being eager for first team action. Thats the consistent story of this guys character that we've seen for years. Remember when Trap said he should move away for more first team action and he mocked the comment stating that he wanted medals and was above teams like Stoke.

Wish what you want but people with attitudes like Gibson usually don't fulfill their potential.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Did he say he was above teams like Stoke, or did he just want to push on trying to get into United's team? Just asking...

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts
    I could ask you why bother expressing such negativity about another poster (or indeed why me when someone 3 posts above mine raised the prospect of Gibsons imminent career collapse). It's already been said that the lad rejected Sunderland because of their wage offer and was open to letting his Man Utd contract run out so he'd be in a stronger negotiating position even despite the damage it'd do to his Euro 2012 fitness. His run in with Ferguson has since probably meant that he's being thrown out the door rather than him being eager for first team action. Thats the consistent story of this guys character that we've seen for years. Remember when Trap said he should move away for more first team action and he mocked the comment stating that he wanted medals and was above teams like Stoke.

Wish what you want but people with attitudes like Gibson usually don't fulfill their potential.
    Gibson hardly "mocked the comment". What do you know of his character other than a few media scraps and conjecture? Not much, I'd guess.
    His argument is simple: that he'd rather be challenging for a place at a team which expects a higher level than Stoke. And there is no harm in that at all. In fact, it shows a degree of ambition and, perhaps, belief and he's entitled to that at 24 years of age.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    There were rumours Gibson refused to join Sunderland because of his wage demands, but Ferguson denies this. Plus, had he not been injured himself, he probably would have been sold elsewhere or got more games in the early part of the season with the injuries in United's midfield. Again, it's been rumoured Gibson wants to wait until the end of the season to leave but it's not been substantiated by anything.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts
    Gibson needs to be playing football at a high as level as possible and if he could achieve his potential he may have more legs than Whelan and may be in with a chance of partnering Andrews in midfield for us. I hope this move to Everton takes place and I wonder if Darron regrets not going to Sunderland especially now that Martin O Neill is there (mind; how was Darron to know that was the way the cookie would crumble).

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Well, if O'Neill rates him, he can always buy him. I'd prefer to see Meyler have more of a chance.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts

I picked out your comment because it was so detailed, I struggled to comprehend why someone would attempt to envisage the fall from grace of a young Irish footballer.
    Why map out how you felt Gibson's career was going to go on the basis of unsubstantiated hearsay? You seem to base your perception of Gibson's character on some tabloid speculation which is completely unfounded. Anyone could make up the story regarding Gibson simply wanting to see his contract run out. Furthermore, Ferguson has stated Sunderland "messed around" with Gibson and there is also an injury to take into account.

Trap's comment was a tad misguided. He had a similar run-in with Big Sam Allardyce when he doubted Steven Reid could actually maintain a career in football at a high level. Reid has subsequently experienced a great deal of first team action with WBA. Maybe that point is not quite relevant to the Gibson issue, but it shows that Trap is not always the highest authority.

Personally, I wish Gibson the best. There have been enough flashes of brilliance and a strong enough repertoire of skills to provide me with hope that he will maintain a career as a central midfielder in the premiership for a long time to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...bson-spat.html

I
    cant find the original piece but its mentioned here. Sunderland made Gibson an offer and then changed it. If I was given an offer of employment and then was told that the pay wouldn't actually be what was in the original offer I don't think I would be too eager to take it either.

As for the talk of Gibson sitting out his contract, does anyone actually have a quote on this? or is it just more made up tabloid filler.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    SSN saying a move to Everton is imminent. £2.5m.

Lazy git.

22. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    SSN saying a move to Everton is imminent. £2.5m.

Lazy git.
    https://twitter.com/#!/GregOK
    Understand Darron Gibson is having medical for EFC. Deal looks imminent. Prob tomorrow.