Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Willie Bruton

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Willie Bruton

According to a thread on the Cobh section Willie Bruton and Robert Brosnan have left Cobh. Now Brosnan can sod off back to the MSL to be honest but could Bruton potentially be a good addition (allowing for the fact that on paper on least we have Robbie Kelleher, Paul Rose, Derek McCarthy and Shane Guerin all available to play up front)?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid
    According to a thread on the Cobh section Willie Bruton and Robert Brosnan have left Cobh. Now Brosnan can sod off back to the MSL to be honest but could Bruton potentially be a good addition (allowing for the fact that on paper on least we have Robbie Kelleher, Paul Rose, Derek McCarthy and Shane Guerin all available to play up front)?
    Still, he'd be a great signing. He is better than the latter three IMO. Also he has a lot of experience. Why are Cobh getting rid? Or is it the other way around?

I wouldn't dismiss Brosnan out of hand like that either. he is a big ugly bruising centre half. And he gets goals at set pieces too - Christ don't we know that! He'd be good cover (at least) in a position in which we need cover. This is all about having a squad capable of maintaining a challenge over a long season.
    Last edited by LFC in Exile; 21/07/2006 at 12:57 PM.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    Still, he'd be a great signing. He is better than the latter three IMO. Also he has a lot of experience. Why are Cobh getting rid? Or is it the other way around?
    Have to disagree with you there....especially when you say Bruton is a better player than Derek McCarthy. He hasn't done anything of note for anybody in three seasons now...that's a long time. He has been released by Cobh, so Henderson doesn't see much of a future for him. For me, he's very similar to Robbie, both in stature and in playing style, and you couldn't possibly have the two of them on the pitch. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Have to disagree with you there....especially when you say Bruton is a better player than Derek McCarthy. He hasn't done anything of note for anybody in three seasons now...that's a long time. He has been released by Cobh, so Henderson doesn't see much of a future for him. For me, he's very similar to Robbie, both in stature and in playing style, and you couldn't possibly have the two of them on the pitch. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.....
    While Carthy has done what exactly in the last three seasons?

Finny has also been released by Limerick but that doesn't mean he hasn't much of a future.

I don't understand the whole thing of players being too similar. Either they are the best strikers or they're not. And Bruton has scored 4 goals this season for Ramblers (even without starting all matches). Beats any of our strikers total.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Brosnan is a far better player then you guys give him credit for and Bruton is a far worse player then you give him credit for.

Brosnan is a very good centre back who can get goals. I am not sure why our manager is getting rid of him as when he has played this season he has played very well.

Bruton has scored a few goals but he is a lazy player and gets caught offside more times then Kieran O Reily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Brosie & Bruts

Brosie has gone to Waterford on a free transfer. He had a big bust up with Hendo in the dressing room. It was the reason Henderson was leaving the club last week. Not sure what the story with Bruts is, he was on the bench Saturday night.
    By the way I agree with ramblers, Brosie has been great in defence for cobh, and is a good goal scorer. I don't rate Bruts at all. He is a very selfish player. He can play if he wants but is a moody f***er and rarely does.
    He also doesn't have much control off the field, that's why Waterford got rid of him, he moved into a flat and was constantly on the ****!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Brosnan has gone to Waterford on loan for the rest of the season, Bruton was on the bench last Saturday, with all due respect they hardly would want to release the two players to their promotion rivals would they?
    P.S there is a large crowd travelling down for the game tomorrow night, what's the ground in Askeaton like?
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Ram
    Brosie has gone to Waterford on a free transfer. He had a big bust up with Hendo in the dressing room. It was the reason Henderson was leaving the club last week. Not sure what the story with Bruts is, he was on the bench Saturday night.
    By the way I agree with ramblers, Brosie has been great in defence for cobh, and is a good goal scorer. I don't rate Bruts at all. He is a very selfish player. He can play if he wants but is a moody f***er and rarely does.
    He also doesn't have much control off the field, that's why Waterford got rid of him, he moved into a flat and was constantly on the ****!
    bull****
    Mar 19 Cobh Ramblers3-2 Limerick
    July 23 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Sept 23 Limerick 0-2 Ramblers
    June 28 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Aug 18 Limerick 0-1 Ramblers
    Oct 21 Ramblers 1-0 Limerick