Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Klinsmann quits

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Klinsmann quits

Danke Deutschland, denn du hast es nicht anders verdient!

Bunch of ****s.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Echt?

Toll!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Klinsmann 'not to renew contract'

Klinsmann surprised many by taking Germany to third
    Germany coach Jurgen Klinsmann has decided not to continue in the job, according to German media reports.
    German sports news agency SID said team manager Oliver Bierhoff had indirectly confirmed Klinsmann's decision not to renew his contract.

Assistant coach Joachim Loew is set to replace Klinsmann.

Klinsmann, who lives in California, had been urged to continue as coach after steering Germany to third place in the recent World Cup.

All 23 players of the German World Cup squad, 93% of the public, according to opinion polls, and even some of his harshest critics have all said they wanted him to continue.

Germany have a friendly against Sweden on 16 August before their 2008 European Championships qualifying campaign starts in September.

Klinsmann, whose contract expired on Sunday, has dismissed reports he received a lucrative offer to coach the United States and has said he has no interest in coaching another national team such as England or Italy.

After Germany's semi-final defeat against Italy in Dortmund, Klinsmann said he wanted to talk to his wife before deciding whether to lead his country's attempt to qualify for Euro 2008.

Germany finished third at the World Cup after beating Portugal 3-1 in Stuttgart on Saturday.

source bbc website

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Good news for us, I suppose. New coach might unsettle some of the players unless they hire one of his assistants like Bierhoff. Even though he is quite the hero now, a few weeks ago, everyone there was calling for his head. Expect him to be named the new US coach shortly.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Joachim löw in talks to take over , you can see the kicker article in german on my blog if you are interested , will post the english one later .

Great news as far as ireland is concerned , i can't see löw doing as well as klinsi did
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great. Anything that will give us that little advantage over the Germans and i think this one gives us big chance.Maybe a few of the squad might follow?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lehmann said a couple of days ago that if Klinsmann goes he will more than likely follow suit. Although I'd say they will do their damnest to get him to continue. Losing both Kahn and Lehmann at the same time would do their qualifying campaign huge harm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    does this make it easier or harder for us now ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Jurgen Klinsmann's decision to step down as Germany coach has confirmed the World Cup party is well and truly over for the host nation.

It is less than a week since Klinsmann's young side capped an impressive showing by beating Portugal to claim third place.

His future following the tournament was always in doubt - and on Wednesday he confirmed the worst fears of every German fan by announcing he is to quit.

Those supporters had grave reservations about Klinsmann before the tournament began, but fell in love with him all over again once the World Cup actually got under way and his team played with such flair.

In replacing Klinsmann with his assistant Joachim Loew, the German FA have shown they have faith in the system he put in place.

Loew's appointment will mean Germany will continue to use the innovative training methods Klinsmann introduced - and keep playing the same attacking and entertaining football that became his trademark.

But can Loew maintain the momentum built up during the World Cup finals when Germany begin their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign in the autumn?

Paul Chapman, a journalist who has covered German football for 30 years, believes the transition will be seamless and that Loew is the right man for the job.

Chapman told BBC Sport: "Joachim's appointment makes it clear there is no new era, this is going to be an extension of the Klinsmann era. The German FA have decided his way is the right way.

"As Jurgen himself has said, all he has been is part of a team, so there will be no major change. All that will happen now is that Joachim becomes number one.

The fans are happy to see Joachim get the job, he is very likable and good at handling the press but his forte is handling young players

German football expert Paul Chapman

"Jurgen has revolutionised the way German football operates and it is just a case of continuing what he has put in place."

Loew's cause will be helped by the youth of the squad he has inherited - of the 23 man World Cup squad, only Oliver Khan and Jens Nowotny have now ended their international careers.

"No major players are disappearing," Chapman added. "Khan and Novotny are retiring but everyone else is available.

"If Germany had gone for a different manager you would have seen new players come in and a different direction tactically.

"But that isn't going to happen. The squad will be the same - injuries allowing - for the first game of Euro 2008 qualifying as it was in the World Cup. "

However, Chapman is not convinced that Germany will find things easy as they try to negotiate a group that includes the Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland and Wales.

"It's going to be a hard and rocky road to Euro 2008," he added. "There are many reasons why Klinsmann has stepped down but the only reason I can think of for him to have stayed on would have been if he thought the players he had were good enough to win it.

"I don't think the team are quite as good as that. They had home advantage for the World cup and made the most of it.

"I don't think the fantastic optimism which has been rife in this country for the past few weeks will continue for long, but there should be enough left over to carry the team through the early stages of qualifying. They are a young side and they can only get better."

GERMANY'S EURO 2008 QUALIFYING OPPONENTS
    Czech Republic
    Slovakia
    Republic of Ireland
    Wales
    Cyprus
    San Marino

Loew, 47, won the German Cup as Stuttgart manager in 1997 and reached the final of the European Cup Winners Cup the following year.

He has also coached Austria Vienna and managed Fenerbahce and Adanaspor in Turkey.

His personable approach has endeared him to the German players, and the public are also behind his appointment.

"We will miss Klinsmann looking like an excited schoolboy jumping up and down on the touchline. We all love him in Germany and he has been great for football as a player and a manager," Chapman added.

"But I can't see that too much will change under Loew. He is a personality too - not quite as bubbly as Jurgen, but near enough.

"When he became assistant manager in 2004 he was not in a job but he would have found one quickly.

"He is one of the more popular men in German football. The fans are happy to see him get the job, he is very likable and good at handling the press but his forte is handling young players.

"Success for him is probably going to be measured by reaching the last four in Austria and Switzerland.

"That will be very tough but if he gets the rub of the green with injuries early on I think things will go well for him. Nobody is going to be more successful with these players than him."

SEE ALSO
    Germany team guide
    22 May 06 | Germany
    Pick your Germany XI
    31 May 06 | Squad selectors
    World Cup schedule
    25 May 06 | Schedule
    Have your say on the World Cup
    28 Apr 06 | Football
    BBC World Cup coverage
    27 Apr 06 | BBC coverage

RELATED BBC LINKS:
    Germany weather

RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
    Fifa
    Official Germany website
    The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Klinsmann's WC "success" with the Germans was achieved by favourable conditions. If Germany were not playing at home, would they have reached the semis? I seriously doubt it. 3rd place is not really acceptable for countries that adopt a win or bust mentality, the Germans haven't won the competition for 16 years, and nothing at all for 10 years. After all, winning the 3rd place play-off/glorified friendly, is not much to celebrate in the wider context.

I'm sure the new coach doesn't want to face a determined, psyched up, in-yer-face approach from Ireland in his first game, before heading for 4 consecutive away qualifiers. It could be a long WC hangover for the Germans.
    Last edited by mypost; 13/07/2006 at 3:47 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't see how this is necessarily good news for Ireland. Loew was part of the coaching team for WC 2006. Only two of the 23 man squad have retired , Kahn and Jens Nowotny. And they only got to play in the 3/4 place game.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    Lehmann said a couple of days ago that if Klinsmann goes he will more than likely follow suit. Although I'd say they will do their damnest to get him to continue. Losing both Kahn and Lehmann at the same time would do their qualifying campaign huge harm.
    They have Hillenbrand to stand in as keeper now I think and he is excellent.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    I don't see how this is necessarily good news for Ireland.
    Just creates some sort of discontinuity in the squad. Not far off clutching at straws, but sure what harm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the fact is that there are loads of keepers in germany to fill kahn and lehmans boots , Hildebrand being the prime candidate. last night on tv klinsmann said that löw was his full partner in the management team. I can't see him getting the respect from the players that klinsi got. on the whole a positive for Ireland.
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMilla
    the fact is that there are loads of keepers in germany to fill kahn and lehmans boots , Hildebrand being the prime candidate. last night on tv klinsmann said that löw was his full partner in the management team. I can't see him getting the respect from the players that klinsi got. on the whole a positive for Ireland.
    The players will respect him, the media is a whole different scenario and the true problem here.