Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Muse - new album

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Muse - new album

Going to buy it tomorrow, is it as good as all the reviews are saying? Dying to hear it...
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

muse

Very dissapointed in it
    Loved the songs that i heard on the radio and seen on mtv,totp
    But they were really the only ones i liked when i listened to them all
    Im not a huge muse fan to be honest though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Judging by some of the reviews, was expecting a corker. there's some amazing tracks on here, 'Knights of Cydonia', 'Starlight' and 'Map of the Problematique'. but 'Soldiers Poem' and 'Hoodoo' are just dull fillers which is a shame. Quite good but not brilliant...but that said, some of their tracks you can write off at the time and a few listens later it opens up...
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    yeah i know what ya mean i think i listened to "time is running out" about 20 times before i realised it was a classic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Been listening to it all week and its now approaching classic status. 'Hoodoo' is a definite slow burner, not convinced with "Soldiers Poem' but every album is allowed a duff track or two. ill stick the neck out and say 'Knights of Cydonia' is one of the best closing tracks to an album ive ever heard...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    I read these posts on Friday having only listened to a couple of tracks (I only bought it on Thursday evening) & listened to it later on Friday.

I think it's a really good album. Some brilliant tracks (Starlight & Map of the Problematique stand out for me at this early stage) and, as usual with Muse, some duds. I've yet to listen to it from start to finish a few times yet so maybe the slow-burners will reveal themselves.

I still don't have the first Muse album but have the others. None is a great album but each contrains great tracks in my opinion.

I had a bit of a prog-rock upbringing (age related!) and Muse really appeals for this reason. They offer a very contemporary take on some of the self-indulgent ouput of the 70s. I think the singer's (Matt Bellamy?) voice has matured to sound like himself rather than a guy trying to mimic Thom Yorke & there's a real confidence in their ability coming to the fore in this album.

There's all kinds of influences on offer from early-Genesis (the keybords), even ELO, at times but it's much edgier. Pauro7 mentions the last track: I think it's like the closing track to The Cult's "Sonic Temple" album. "Wake Up, Time for Freedom" I think it's called, but it's far better.

For me the best closing track on any album is "Superman" on REM's "Lifes Rich Pageant". You had me thinking on the way home from work on Friday!

Would love to see them live. My mate saw them in Dublin and said they were incredible (& incredibly loud!).

If anybody knows of any gigs planned (either Dublin or London) please let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    http://www.nme.com/news/muse/23527

theres some gigs for ya! i might actually head up to one of them, their gigs are meant to be awesome, and they're apparantly amazing live. They're actually releasing "Knights of Cydonia" as their first American single, very brave move...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Went to see them at The Point on Friday.

Superb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Was there myself Stuttgart, class. Probably the highest sound quality I've ever heard in the point
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Something else to talk about if I make it over for Tuesday/ Weds (touch & go at the moment)!