Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Longford kick off changed to 6:00

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts

Longford kick off changed to 6:00

Moved from 7:45 to 6:00, still on Tuesday coming. This is because the FAI couldn't be arsed not clashing our game with a World Cup semi, so we had to do what we could ourselves.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    What'll be the parking situation around Belfield at that time? Any recommendations as I presume I won't get away with just dumping the car on the Fosters Avenue pavement at that time of the day...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    What'll be the parking situation around Belfield at that time? Any recommendations as I presume I won't get away with just dumping the car on the Fosters Avenue pavement at that time of the day...
    Others may know better but I'd say you'd be OK parking in the car park by the ground. Just come in the gate on Foster's Avenue and follow the road around to the right. The crowd will be small so there should be plenty of room.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    You dump it on the Belfield side of the road on Fosters Ave. They only let teams & officials & club hacks park inside I'm afraid. Don't worry though there's plenty of room outside anyway.
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There won't be much of a crowd so you should be able to park near the ground. If they stop you, come in the main Stillorgan Road gate and it's a short walk.

Here's a map:
    http://www.stigonline.com/Belfield_directions.pdf

Also, World Cup action in the Montrose afterwards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From the Times
    Managers criticise fixture clash with World Cup semi-final

Managers Pete Mahon and Alan Mathews have criticised the National League for fixing games to clash with the knockout stages of the World Cup ahead of this evening's rescheduled Premier Division match between UCD and Longford Town at Belfield.

Even though the game, along with two of tonight's three League Cup quarter-finals, has been brought forward to a 6pm kick-off, the attendance is certain to be greatly reduced by the World Cup semi-final between Germany and Italy, live on television from 8pm.

"Changing the kick-off time will make no difference," said UCD's Mahon. "I still can't understand the reasoning behind the close-down from June 2nd and then starting back when the knockout stages of the World Cup began. It surely should have been done the other way around."

Longford's Mathews agreed: "When this match was being rearranged, I would have thought the league would have had the foresight to realise that the World Cup semi-final was on tonight. Both of us played on Friday so it could have been played last night. Now there'll be nobody at the game."

UCD captain Tony McDonnell is out with a hamstring strain, and Pat McWalter (groin) and Derek Doyle (blistered feet) are doubtful starters, leaving Mahon short of attacking options given Paul Byrne and Conan Byrne are still sidelined.

Longford remain without midfielder Davy Byrne (thigh) and are likely to be unchanged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I'm bad with injuries. What kind of time does a hamstring strain keep you out? Looks like there'll be a few changes tonight then. Maybe it's worth bringing Brophy up to senior level for a run out.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Couple of weeks minimum, I would have thought. Think he missed 5 or 6 weeks the last time. Depends how bad it is, obviously. A strain should be better than a tear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    I ran into Denise Sheridan today. She was surprised by the news that Tony and Podge are out, though a lad in a tracksuit (probably someone I should kick myself for not recognising ) said Podge didn't train the other night.

I'd take the injury news with a pinch of salt.