Thread: Waiting List for Germany tickets

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    My form says it needs to be back by Weds. 5 July
    mine was 28th too. Are you a blockbooker or on the waiting list superhoops?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    superhoops, hope you got your dates right, any one i know who had application forms had to be in by 28th June

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Mine says Wednesday too.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    mine said next wed the 5th july but got it in last monday in anycase. one of the lads i am traveling with had a form that said 28th june

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scousedub
    superhoops, hope you got your dates right, any one i know who had application forms had to be in by 28th June
    I'm a Block Booker and definitely 5 July.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Mine said 28th, I'm not a block booker
    <insert witty remark>

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    28th but in fairness i dont think they are that strict on dates, they will try and look after those with a track record of going to away games and then draw lots for the rest. remember they have a record going back donkeys years of who bought tickets, and its pretty easy to look at anyone whos gone to the majority of away games over the past 10 yrs or whatever, and in fairness they are entitled to a bit of preference in my opinion!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if you missed the boat on the eventim tickets, theyre still fairly cheap on ebay ... when i consider the amount of irish travelling and the world cup germany have played so far, im expecting the ticket prices to shoot up any minute

http://search.ebay.de/deutschland-ir...dsreturnedZ300

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin
    they will try and look after those with a track record of going to away games and then draw lots for the rest
    they have never rewarded loyalty like this before and doubt they will this time. question was put to john delaney on radio a while back and the order was..
    sponsors and players then ten yr ticket holders then block bookers including clubs and leagues. any tkts left over after sponsors, players and 10 yr tkt holders will be raffled with all block bookers getting equal chance (depending on amt of tkts they block book) no matter what their previous record. non block bookers havnt a hope id say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by casso36
    If any going spare for this game need two please!!!!

Thanks, just got email from borther to say that the 3 tickets i ordered last thurday arrive at his london address this morning. So i'll no longer be requiring the 2 tickets requested.

May have 1 left over so will post it here when i find out if my mate is comming if not ticket will be sold face value!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens1893
    if you missed the boat on the eventim tickets, theyre still fairly cheap on ebay ... when i consider the amount of irish travelling and the world cup germany have played so far, im expecting the ticket prices to shoot up any minute

http://search.ebay.de/deutschland-ir...dsreturnedZ300

anyone bought of the germans on ebay yet?

would it be much hassel?

i know u just pay throguh paypal so i suppose therell b little or no contact.

got flights and accomodation sorted but just waiting on a mate to get back to me on the ticket situation. dont want to be withough so might put a bid on ebay to be on the safe side

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Am also in need of 2 as stupidly missed the bb boat and also seemingly this German site.

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wooman
    anyone bought of the germans on ebay yet?

would it be much hassel?

i know u just pay throguh paypal so i suppose therell b little or no contact.

got flights and accomodation sorted but just waiting on a mate to get back to me on the ticket situation. dont want to be withough so might put a bid on ebay to be on the safe side
    I'd say you'd be fine, i was talking to one of the german lads who was selling tickets on ebay the other day and he seemed sound... replyed to my email within half an hour

good thing is that the german crowd on ebay are generaly selling tickets at face value where as everyone else is selling them for £££
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon'o
    good thing is that the german crowd on ebay are generaly selling tickets at face value where as everyone else is selling them for £££
    apart from the odd guy who can't make the game, why would you bother buying up tickets to resell them on ebay for face value???
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    apart from the odd guy who can't make the game, why would you bother buying up tickets to resell them on ebay for face value???
    The prices right now are still pretty decent. Plenty of tickets to be had for like 40 €, which obviously more than face value, but not outrageous by any means. When you consider the estimated amount of Irish travelling AND what´s been happening here recently that price should shoot up soon.

reder
    I'd say most block bookers wont even get tickets from the FAI. It'll be like the switz away game in the last euros. I am a block booker who has got tickets for ever home game for the last 10 years and I got nothing for that game.

Strangely enough 747, Abbey etc managed to source a few hundred tickets in the irish section for that game. I know the FAI doesnt give them tickets but you just have to wonder where these people get such large quantities of tickets. So many travel agents are selling packages with guaranteed irish section tickets at the moment.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Tickets on ebay are now going for about 60+ compared to 50 odd the last few days, so Id say get them now or in a few weeks they could be crazy prices. Doubt the germans have even thought about looking for tickets for this game yet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne
    they have never rewarded loyalty like this before and doubt they will this time. question was put to john delaney on radio a while back and the order was..
    sponsors and players then ten yr ticket holders then block bookers including clubs and leagues. any tkts left over after sponsors, players and 10 yr tkt holders will be raffled with all block bookers getting equal chance (depending on amt of tkts they block book) no matter what their previous record. non block bookers havnt a hope id say
    thats th eofficail line but i know a few of them in the ticket office and they do try and look after the people they know that go to most away games. Applied for 4 for Basle mark 1 got 4, applied for 4 for Brussells got 4, applied for 4 for all away games so hope to get the 4 for this one. Will still be looking for 1 or 2 poss for fellas that go to about half the games and lads that arent on the bb scheme. Not saying its fair but a lot better than ticketmaster etc, remeber those on the BB scheme fromt the start have gone to lots of games that were not slel outs or anywhere near it. Remember being in lasndown with as low as 15,000 wathcing when Giles was in charge and then Hand! Team used tostay in the Central Hotel and then the Tara Towers. Could you imagine his corkness in the Tara Tower s?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin
    Team used tostay in the Central Hotel and then the Tara Towers. Could you imagine his corkness in the Tara Tower s?
    think the team actually stayed in the dorms in blackrock college for a while in the 70's!! off-topic i know... sorry

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne
    think the team actually stayed in the dorms in blackrock college for a while in the 70's!! off-topic i know... sorry

not quite, but they used to train on the lawn in front of the college while Giles was manager, i know because i used to bunk off school to watch them train and get the autographs etc, and believe me then you got slagged off for goig to an ireland game at home dont mind away!!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast