Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting List for Germany tickets

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I'm more anxious at the amount of Irish people peddling tickets on ebay. Its not funny.
    As the lads here pointed out to me earlier, once they aint FAI tickets there is very little that anyone can do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Setanta1966

Lads,

Just a quick note here about this guy. He posted last week and asked if anyone needed help bidding on ebay.de. I contacted him and we had phone conversation about what he was offerring which was basically that he would bid on ebay.de on my behalf. and if successful would post the tickets to me if he got payment via paypal. He struck me as a decent sort and i agreed to this. He was very good at keeping intouch about the various auctions he was bidding on. He eventually "won" 2 tickets beside each other, and contacted me. He was able to present ebay.de confirmation emails for the auction win and a paypal reciept from his transaction with the German seller. I paid him the exact amount he paid the German guy, plus €6 for postage to Belfast. The tickets arrived this morning.

He also rang me to work yesterday to assure me that the tickets were on their way despite what had been said on this forum and his subsequent banning.

I understand the rules for buying and selling on this forum, but when such a transparent paper trail is left by someone offering to help fellow fans by bidding by proxy on ebay, i feel that the accussations of tout and banning is a massive over reaction.

PS I paid €85 for each ticket and Setanta took the hit for the paypal transaction fee. Im sure if he really wanted to make a profit he could have taken the tickets to Stuttgart and stood outside the ground and got double that he got from me.

I think the lad deserves a break

Mick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PPS You can take me off the waiting list too!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    There are no exceptions to the tickets rules on Foot.ie without explicit permission from me or one of the other admins or supermods; there's nearly always someone online, it doesn't take a lot of effort to contact us. The rule is right there at the top of this forum and it's very clearly stated.

Moreover, an eBay account is an eBay account, if people want to buy tickets on eBay.de they should use their own eBay account to bid, or register one for themelves on eBay.com or eBay.ie. The site is transparently easy to use in any language.

The user in question hasn't been banned permanently, they'll be back next week. In future maybe they'll obey the rules.

adam

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    There are no exceptions to the tickets rules on Foot.ie without explicit permission from me or one of the other admins or supermods; there's nearly always someone online, it doesn't take a lot of effort to contact us. The rule is right there at the top of this forum and it's very clearly stated.

Moreover, an eBay account is an eBay account, if people want to buy tickets on eBay.de they should use their own eBay account to bid, or register one for themelves on eBay.com or eBay.ie. The site is transparently easy to use in any language.

The user in question hasn't been banned permanently, they'll be back next week. In future maybe they'll obey the rules.

adam

what really bothered me about this individual was that he contacted me by pm even though i was not on the waiting list, and when i responded by pm pointing out the rules (and accepted that he may not be touting) instead of an apology i got abuse

hopefully this will be the end of touting by PM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Forever Dreamin wasn't the only person this user contacted, unsolicited. Which is also against the rules.

Unless there's something major to add, can we leave it at that now please?

adam

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well Lads as things stand think this is the updated list as of 13/08/06

1. Redladd (2 tkts)
    2. Milesmayhem 24 (3 tkts)
    3. Quball (2 tkts)
    4. Greenarmy (2 tkts)
    5. Rodoman (2 tkts)
    6. Fireball (2 tks)
    7. Murtybyrne (3 tkts)
    8. Irish Tricky (2 tkts)
    9. Oleole (3 tkts)
    10. Kempes (2 tkts)
    11. Jockser (1 tkt)
    12. Bennocelt (1 tkt)
    13. DubJohn (3 tkts)
    14. Kingdom (2 tkts)
    15. Bomb Landsdowne (2 tkts)
    16. mjpcc (2 tkts)
    17. Ash (2 tkts)
    18. AidoM (2 tkts)
    19. Fitze (3 tkts)
    20. Danny (3 tkts)
    21. Pegan (2 tkts)
    22. Ddelaney (2 tkts)
    23. Green Machine (2 tkts)
    24. Beal Feirste (3 tkts)
    25. Popmart (2 tkts)
    26. Westside oop (2 tkts)
    27. Duffman (2 tkts)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Plan for ticketless..........

I'm coming from Canada for this and as of now I've no tickets. Given that many of us might end up without on the night I was wondering what the alternative would be.

Is it definite that there will be a giant screen in the main square.? If not is there a big beerhall anyone can suggest that we turn into little Ireland.

I'll be disappointed if I can not source a ticket but the important thing for me is to be in Stuttgart and totally enjoy the experience - I misses it first time rround 1988 but won a tidy sum from the Englsih guys I drank with in the Brittania Pub in Thornhill (Toronto). Mind you I had to skip that pub for a while after as they were not best pleased after giving me odds of 3/1.

I had tickets for Paris and was being offered tickets at face value by Irish supporters on the way into the stadium so I'm still optomistic.

I'm suggesting we have an alternate plan for ticketless fans ...........

Any ideas.

Cheers,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    mjpcc , not to rain on your parade but french are poor supporters , the germans will not give up their tickets as easily , i would advise biting the bullet and going on ebay , i mean if you are coming from canada surely its worth payign a few quid extra??
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    http://search.ebay.de/search/search....d&category 0=

The Germans are still selling a bunch of tickets on e-bay and at this stage i would just buy them there. It does not look like there will be many spare tickets on the night and France was an exception because of the problems with the phones etc....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Am rightly ****ed off as was sure i would get one of my regular FAI scource who has never let me down in the past but he only got 10 and with 150 names on his list i lost out in the draw...so any chance being added to the waiting list?????
    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The price for tickets on ebay.de are decreasing every week. There are still plenty available, and I reckon they will keep decreasing as we get nearer the date. There is currently 3 tickets beside each other for sale on ebay.de for €212 with about half an hour of auction left. Thats not too bad considdering. For those on the list I really feel this could be your only option if willing to pay over the odds.
    The price for tickets on ebay.ie is getting ridiculous.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone got a direct link to tickets page on ebay.de?? Or any wya to translate site to english???
    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo_Bhoy View Post
    Anyone got a direct link to tickets page on ebay.de?? Or any wya to translate site to english???
    http://search.ebay.de/deutschland-irland-stuttgart

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i got those 2 tkts eirbhoy

170 yoyos delivered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you can take me off the list aswell, got my 2 tickets from ebay. Got them for 99 euro each and a seven euro for postage i recieved them in 3 days from germany. If you email him at [email] he might have some left.

If people want to buy off Ebay that's their own choice but you shouldn't post e-mail addresses of these touts on this site - eirebhoy
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 16/08/2006 at 1:16 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb Landsdowne View Post
    you can take me off the list aswell, got my 2 tickets from ebay. Got them for 99 euro each and a seven euro for postage i recieved them in 3 days from germany. If you email him at [email] he might have some left.
    I don't think you should be advertising a touts contact details.

Have a bit of cop on will you.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 16/08/2006 at 1:13 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligonproud View Post
    your all great to have ur "principles", but i gaurantee you if it comes to the crunch and ur standing outside the stadium in stuttgart, ul fork out whatever is needed to see the game.
    I don't think there is a problem in saying that someone has to buy a ticket from a tout at a certain price but the guy was adverstising for business for a tout, thats not being helpful or needed and certaintly not something I joined foot.ie to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Please post comments regarding our policy on ticket sales in the Support forum. Any more comments along those lines in this thread will be moved to the bin, as they are off-topic.

Posters that link to or support ticket services that don't conform to the rules oulined in this forum will be banned from the Ireland section of Foot.ie.

if you want to discuss this particular comment, please do so in the Support forum.

adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; 16/08/2006 at 1:42 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tickets

I decided to go ahead and try to get tickets on ebay.

got an old German gent from the local German/Canadian club to help me. He has a mate living near Stuttgart whom he telephoned and this man will accept the tickets at his address and deliver them to me at my hotel. It's amazing how helpful people can be.

It's is very difficult to negotiate the German e-bay if you do not have German.

Anyway - so far so good. I ordered the tickets and as long as I'm no problems transferring the money to the seller's bank A/C in Germany - My Canadian bank will probably make the process as difficult as possible - and
    the seller is legit I should be sorted.

However, after our performance against the Dutch I'm very worried as to what I might be witness to. .................

Cheers

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast