Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Fools guide to buying German tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismal
    I rang the gimps the other day and was told, after an elongated pytonesque conversation with some foreign chick, that she could check if you're on the list but that they're not sending out the tickets til August(ie you won't know if you've been successful unless you ring them).
    I just rang them and was told they couldn't say if tickets are allocated
    to people yet as they are still processing the applications.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    To be honest the fact they have a system were the general public can buy tickets like ticketmaster for games is a joke to be honest. If I was a german fan I would be ****ed off with the German FA. The Irish fans did the right thing and used their resources.

I think the German FA underestimated the resources of the Irish fan. The French made the same mistake but I suppose the French public did not care for that team much until Zidane came back and they go to a world cup semi final.
    FINAL methinks!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop
    FINAL methinks!!

Read it again. I said they did not come back to supporting them until they got to a world cup semi final They then subsequently got to the final. My point was in relation to the fickle French public.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens1893
    And why should the amount of travelling fans concern us? If you go without a ticket, that´s your problem ... and the FAI´s, but not ours.
    it may be yourselves who are going without tickets!!!!!!

most people on these threads seem to have tickets in the bag and are more worried about accomodation and flights. i know i bought 8 tickets when i heard about them (at that stage only 3 of us had defo plans of going) and told many others who bought similar numbers (again fair play to original poster).

on sept 2nd you will find most of the green army with tickets and those looking will be the germans wanting to ovate their heroes..... sure we'll give them a good cheer and may even learn a few words of yer anthem alá paris!!!

ye may want a bigger stadium then when between 25 - 40% of stadium is green (assuming crowd of somewhere between 13,000 - 22,000 and it is entirely plausible than we may be closer to the latter). i know from a straw pole of people i know who travel away (including band wagoners) that most who travel are going to this one.

roll on sept - i personally can't wait!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Talking

Read it again. I said they did not come back to supporting them until they got to a world cup semi final They then subsequently got to the final. My point was in relation to the fickle French public.
    me nitt picking again - valid point in original post regardless of incorrect wording

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

most people on these threads seem to have tickets in the bag and are more worried about accomodation and flights. i know i bought 8 tickets when i heard about them (at that stage only 3 of us had defo plans of going) and told many others who bought similar numbers (again fair play to original poster).

on sept 2nd you will find most of the green army with tickets and those looking will be the germans wanting to ovate their heroes..... sure we'll give them a good cheer and may even learn a few words of yer anthem alá paris!!!

ye may want a bigger stadium then when between 25 - 40% of stadium is green (assuming crowd of somewhere between 13,000 - 22,000 and it is entirely plausible than we may be closer to the latter). i know from a straw pole of people i know who travel away (including band wagoners) that most who travel are going to this one.

roll on sept - i personally can't wait!!!
    It was inevitable from the start that at least half the Untertürkheimer Kurve would be green from the start due to Ebay and other things. And if anyone who wanted to go missed the ticket sales, then that´s not my problem, as I have 2 for myself and my dad. I don´t really get your cockiness re: the tickets as I seriously don´t give a flying ****, actually the more, the merrier, as the crowd at Germany homes games usually is terrible and full of clowns and idiots who only have a casual interest in the sport. That actually is one of the things that´s putting me off international football, but let´s discuss this another time.

And there still will be plenty of Irish fans without tickets for this one.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be honest the fact they have a system were the general public can buy tickets like ticketmaster for games is a joke to be honest. If I was a german fan I would be ****ed off with the German FA. The Irish fans did the right thing and used their resources.
    Bingo! And I have no problem with that. The Germans who wanted to go and deserved tickets, do have tickets as they ordered as soon as they went on sale. And they were on sale for 2-3 weeks so if you didn´t snap them up when they were on sale, you deserve everything you get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thats true, I suppose its different in a large country like Germany were the games are all played around the country but have the German FA ever thought about a block booking system like we have in Ireland. In my opinion the system works well and the only problem I would have with the FAI in this regard is that they dont set up a similar separate system for away games.
    In Trap we trust

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thats true, I suppose its different in a large country like Germany were the games are all played around the country but have the German FA ever thought about a block booking system like we have in Ireland. In my opinion the system works well and the only problem I would have with the FAI in this regard is that they dont set up a similar separate system for away games.
    I don´t think it´s neccessary really. The people in the Germany Supporters Club get first option and can buy tickets 2-3 days before they go on general sale. Those who need tickets and deserve them, usually get them one way or another. We also don´t have Ireland´s travelling support for Germany matches as most people prefer to spend their money following their club as we, no offense, have a "proper" league.

It´s club over country for me, too, and I usually only go to home games in Stuttgart and take in an away game every couple of years if the city or the stadium tempts me, like Dublin in October 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its funny here I think a lot of the hardcore Irish fans are also EL fans all though there many who are not also. But I think anybody that goes to their club week in week out then often goes and supports their country here.

You do have a system then with the German Supporters Club getting 1st option which seems fair enough.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens1893
    It was inevitable from the start that at least half the Untertürkheimer Kurve would be green from the start due to Ebay and other things. And if anyone who wanted to go missed the ticket sales, then that´s not my problem, as I have 2 for myself and my dad. I don´t really get your cockiness re: the tickets as I seriously don´t give a flying ****, actually the more, the merrier, as the crowd at Germany homes games usually is terrible and full of clowns and idiots who only have a casual interest in the sport. That actually is one of the things that´s putting me off international football, but let´s discuss this another time.

And there still will be plenty of Irish fans without tickets for this one.

it's not cockniness - merely that i assume that there will be many german supporters dissapointed at not seeing their national side on their first competitive outing after world cup.

as stated in an earlier comment re: bigger stadium needed etc. from what i hear on the ground most irish travelling have tickets already and FAI allocation has not been issued yet. similar situation in paris 2 years ago in the end i gave 2 tickets to a young lad selling programmes for free as there wasn't anyone to give them to!!

i understand that the stadium was picked prior to germanys unexpected achievement in WC and i think that as we were not involved our minds were on sept while yer's were on WC.

my point: more home supporters will suffer from lack of tickets than those travelling

Re: quality of germany support at home games, sounds suspiciously like lansdowne

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its funny here I think a lot of the hardcore Irish fans are also EL fans all though there many who are not also. But I think anybody that goes to their club week in week out then often goes and supports their country here.

You do have a system then with the German Supporters Club getting 1st option which seems fair enough.
    What are the EL ticket prices like? I don´t think I know more than 2 clubs ... Bohemian and Shelbourne

I follow my club home and away, but I hardly know ANYONE who goes to Germany games often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Average about €12-€15 for an adult.
    In Trap we trust

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I'd just like to point out once again, that Jens was in fact a key factor in irish fans being able to get sorted as soon as tickets went on sale via eventim.de, albeit he was not on this forum at the time

Thanks again...............
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    I'd just like to point out once again, that Jens was in fact a key factor in irish fans being able to get sorted as soon as tickets went on sale via eventim.de, albeit he was not on this forum at the time

agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The lad has been great, and if you notice from other forums for previous away games someone from the country involved has always logged on to offer help and advice. More of the same please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

no offence intended in original post

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819