Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Home Kit

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be fair, the problem with the old ones was with Adidas, not the club. Kerry GAA also had the same problem, so both dumped Adidas. Adidas wanted a huge %age of the sales and neither City nor Kerry wanted to be swindled, so Adidas just stopped the shirts going on large-scale sale to try to bully the clubs... it kind of backfired!
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Tonite's Echo

...loadsa pix of the new strip...front page, back page....

Donie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Tonite's Echo

Originally posted by The Donie Forde
    ...loadsa pix of the new strip...
    For those whithout the Echo...

It's a green jersey with white sleeves and red trim,
    White Guinnes logo,
    Green shorts with white and red trim,
    White socks with green and red trim.

Looks good.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Will have to wait and see what it is like before passing judgement but I have me doubts as to its beauty. Let's hope it will not be the same fiasco with jerseys as last year...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    njew jersey
    seen it
    dont like it

cork dont and should play in anything other then red

thought we had sorted that last season when we eventually got the delayed new red strip ..

same old city imo..
    shambles on and off the park

maybe the thinking is that less people will recognise the team as being from cork if they dont play in red..therefore when they play bad people will say ...ohh that team in green were ****e.. good thing we dont see them playing every week..

woohoo 1 day to start of season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    only 1,437 days to the next World Cup...

Neil
    Originally posted by James
    cork dont and should play in anything other then red
    Cork GAA maybe but Cork Celtic and Hibs both played in variations of green and white (I think?)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lennox won't be judged on what strip the club wear (personally i prefered the red gear). what will sort him out is how we do on and off the pitch. the friday night football is a interesting yardstick to judge thnigs by.

personally i think the club will be lucky to finsih mid-table and if that is the case the club will lose a fortune by playing on a friday night
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yawn.... dalo the fact that you cant make it down from dublin on a friday night.. wont bankrupt the club...

attendnces last year fell off dramatically.. partly due to poor performance and partly for whatevre other reasons.. sky sports whatever... no we are playing summer soccer and to continue on a sunday would now clash with the institutuion that is gaa..

options now we have floodlights is either fri or sat night football

they went correctly i beleive with fri ..
    and again attendances will depend on results

please explain dalo how u think the club will lose a fortune by playing on friday night..

*and please think up something abit more logical then your.. oh oh the exiles from dublin wont be able to travel..cause to b honest there are only what 40 or 50 exiled city fans in the pale max ( and prob exagerating that figure as it is ) and out of those not many travel down on a regular basis anyways..

27 hours and 45 mins to KO

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wink ESB?

I think he suggesting the ESB bill will cost a fortune?

Even floodlights will cost feck all to run as even those bulbs use up very little.

Could someone let Liam & squad know i'm taking a halfday specially for them tomorrow so I expect a good performance.

btw the club can't guarantee good results but they do badly need to work on retaining any new summer foot.ie supporters.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yawn.... dalo the fact that you cant make it down from dublin on a friday night.. wont bankrupt the club...

do you always try to be that arrogant or does it come naturally. you really should write your points in a less abrupt tone james. (do i get censored here?)

actually i am going to the game and I am taking time off work to go.

as for "Yawn the exiles...." it just shows how little you value the supporters who come down especially on weekends to follow their team and go to all the dublin games up here and have to suffer the painof being in dublin anyway. god knows we had have to put up with the whining of some fans when they come here to watch city play (sure god love them)then again I don't care too much at this tage of what you think as i don't think we could agree on a whole lot anyway

as for floodlights thing I really don't think it will improve attendances at all but as I say we will see. i mean we hardly see inchicore and tolka park or dalymount bursting to the seams with crowds when games are played on a friday night

only winning football will bring crowds to football so hopefully we will all see plenty of that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    nice one scotty see ya for pints prob b4 or after..

as for you dalo .. *yawn* .. not worth censoring your nonsense mate .. but maybe they could b4 they announce the teams .. on the PA system make a personal thanks to you for travelling down from dublin..

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    but maybe they could b4 they announce the teams .. on the PA system make a personal thanks to you for travelling down from dublin..

do i get one too?

c youse all later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    pete text me when you arrive down man.. meeting in horseshoe for cokes and crisps at 6ish - new season all welcome .. even you dalo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yes and no scotty
    fair nuff hibs and celtic played in green ..

but i think ccfc need to look for a wider audience then just the city.. i know there busloads organised at some stage last year coming up from the sticks in west cork at 1 stage at sure with colin p from west cork and all i think they might be better off going for the whole cork soccer team .. think bigger then city and try and attract some fans from the country..

also the fact that we only brought a new red jersey in last season ... should go against the whole new jersey thing anyways.. despite what colour it is.. changing your shirt every year is a joke of a thing to do.. i mean they're getting as money grabbing as that club from manchester now

me nervous bout new season..
    think excited is the word..we got billy and gaz home

just under 6hours to kickoff..
    now where did i put my city jersey...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by scottyshedender
    your point bout celtic and hibs...
    was that some people were saying green was trad cork soccer colours ala cork celtic and cork hibs..
    they were the clubs i was referring to not the ones from glasgow in scotland and edinbourough (sp!) also in scotland

yea .. need summit to settle start-of-season- we're gona - win - the - league nerves

*now where's that package i brought home from the dam

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    also the fact that we only brought a new red jersey in last season ... should go against the whole new jersey thing anyways.. despite what colour it is.. changing your shirt every year is a joke of a thing to do.. i mean they're getting as money grabbing as that club from manchester now
    a) The red shirt from last year is still in use as our away strip
    b) Surely shirt sales would be a step towards "more income away from the gate" which everyone moans about.

but i think ccfc need to look for a wider audience then just the city.. i know there busloads organised at some stage last year coming up from the sticks in west cork at 1 stage at sure with colin p from west cork and all i think they might be better off going for the whole cork soccer team .. think bigger then city and try and attract some fans from the country..
    You seem to try your hardest to discourage present fans not living in the city, even the country, to come to city matches. What is the point in trying to attract new fans from the country if you neglect your existing fans?

Fickle, fickle,fickle...
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by Troy.McClure
    You seem to try your hardest to discourage present fans not living in the city, even the country, to come to city matches. What is the point in trying to attract new fans from the country if you neglect your existing fans?

Fickle, fickle,fickle...
    troy troy troy
    if only u actually read what people posted b4 getting on your hig morale ucd horse

i do not discourage anyone from coming to city games (bar colin murphy .. u ****ing ******* ) and those that do not go then i slag off..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i do not discourage anyone from coming to city games (bar colin murphy .. u ****ing ******* ) and those that do not go then i slag off..
    and what about those who want to go regularly but can't they get slagged off aswell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12