Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1816

Thread: Westport United FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster View Post
    What has happened to the Leveller??
    I am still here Thunder, happy New Year! Congrats on the New Development! Any more news?
    Dont always say what you know, but always know what you say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Westport United's AGM is called for Saturday the 9th of February at 4:00 in the Dome Suite in the Castlecourt Hotel. Definitely a very unusual time to have it by WUFC standards, but apparently, they could not get a room to hold it on the Friday night, as they want to maximise attendance with players away in college or work. Some people in Westport thinks it's a great idea, others thinks that it is absolutely barmy. My worries would be as follows: People working, parents involved with the indoor football on a Saturday afternoon, a possible Westport United underage fixture on that date and other various knick-knack excuses like baby-sitting if the husband/wife were working. However, attendances at the Westport United AGM's were nothing to write home about over the years, and it largely varied between mediocre and crap. People are hardly forming large queues to get in, unfortunately, but this AGM may surprise a lot of people with the attendance, and for this writer, I certainly hope it is for the better.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AGM

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster View Post
    Westport United's AGM is called for Saturday the 9th of February at 4:00 in the Dome Suite in the Castlecourt Hotel. Definitely a very unusual time to have it by WUFC standards, but apparently, they could not get a room to hold it on the Friday night, as they want to maximise attendance with players away in college or work. Some people in Westport thinks it's a great idea, others thinks that it is absolutely barmy. My worries would be as follows: People working, parents involved with the indoor football on a Saturday afternoon, a possible Westport United underage fixture on that date and other various knick-knack excuses like baby-sitting if the husband/wife were working. However, attendances at the Westport United AGM's were nothing to write home about over the years, and it largely varied between mediocre and crap. People are hardly forming large queues to get in, unfortunately, but this AGM may surprise a lot of people with the attendance, and for this writer, I certainly hope it is for the better.
    True it is an odd time but I suppose no time is a good time.

I know that Westport United AGMs are not traditionally busy affairs, however the supporters and parents of the players have two months notice to get off their respective backsides and attend the meeting.

It is once a year that it is held, and if they want to bring the club forward, the supporters and parents (in some cases) need to stop moaning on the sidelines,the background, barstools and their living room reclining chairs, and get actively involved, thus turning their thoughts and opinions into tangible actions, results will be seen.

The talk is, dont want us, they wont listen to us, they wont if you dont put your hat into the ring. Many hands make light work.

Westport people (in some cases) are traditionally defeatist, negative, and believe hearsay and rumour of to how things are perceived, than what they actually are, they concede defeat before they start, they use it as an excuse for their laziness.

Look what has happened in recent times, if anyone has read the papers, the club has got planning permission for a new ground, many people said it wouldnt happen. It has. Fair play to them! If more get involved, it would be staggering what could be acheived.

The Club has to be more than the one big creche that it is being treated as by the parents.

If any supporters or parents are reading, please take heed.
    Last edited by Leveller; 12/01/2008 at 5:17 PM. Reason: punctuation

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Leveller View Post
    True it is an odd time but I suppose no time is a good time.

I know that Westport United AGMs are not traditionally busy affairs, however the supporters and parents of the players have two months notice to get off their respective backsides and attend the meeting.

It is once a year that it is held, and if they want to bring the club forward, the supporters and parents (in some cases) need to stop moaning on the sidelines,the background, barstools and their living room reclining chairs, and get actively involved, thus turning their thoughts and opinions into tangible actions, results will be seen.

The talk is, dont want us, they wont listen to us, they wont if you dont put your hat into the ring. Many hands make light work.

Westport people (in some cases) are traditionally defeatist, negative, and believe hearsay and rumour of to how things are perceived, than what they actually are, they concede defeat before they start, they use it as an excuse for their laziness.

Look what has happened in recent times, if anyone has read the papers, the club has got planning permission for a new ground, many people said it wouldnt happen. It has. Fair play to them! If more get involved, it would be staggering what could be acheived.

The Club has to be more than the one big creche that it is being treated as by the parents.

If any supporters or parents are reading, please take heed.
    i can tell from this that you have never been to a utd committee meeting.firstly where are you getting two months notice from ?most importantly they wont listen to anyone who have ideas that dont bring in money.finaly the committee had f..all to do with getn ground it was k.c. that done most of the work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quay heart View Post
    i can tell from this that you have never been to a utd committee meeting.firstly where are you getting two months notice from ?most importantly they wont listen to anyone who have ideas that dont bring in money.finaly the committee had f..all to do with getn ground it was k.c. that done most of the work.
    Sorry two weeks.

You are telling me that the KC has been doing all the work on the project?
    Jesus! Fair play to him!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveller View Post
    Sorry two weeks.

You are telling me that the KC has been doing all the work on the project?
    Jesus! Fair play to him!
    he done all the sounding out of finding grounds with an other none committee member under the "blessing" of com.there is a seperate com now i believe to fund raise etc. for new grounds.its a good job.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    he done all the sounding out of finding grounds with an other none committee member under the "blessing" of com.there is a seperate com now i believe to fund raise etc. for new grounds.its a good job.
    Having done my share of development of grounds, it would be normal to suggest that it would be different committee, rather than the main one which is of fen called a key committee. Which would have full support of the club. they the key committee would bring there recommendations to the main committee, for the final agreement.
    Iwould consider this the norm.
    Fair play to K.C. and his committee.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What is the est. cost of the project and how far is it from the Sports Park

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It sounds great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Boys and girls, are we going to put the 'Heane to the proverbial sword????

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Closing Time View Post
    What is the est. cost of the project and how far is it from the Sports Park
    not sure what cost is,its a good bit from sports park.its out the ballinrobe rd and its in the townland of aughagower.

p.s. thunder heane 0 westport 5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard that is off the Ballinrobe road, up by Scotts house and then take another road,is that right lads?

A bit of a disadvantage for "non drivers" and kids is it not? Any bus service?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    not sure what cost is,its a good bit from sports park.its out the ballinrobe rd and its in the townland of aughagower.

p.s. thunder heane 0 westport 5
    it will take the townies a little while to get used to the country air.you better give them amap.and compass to find there way. there no paths or street lighting only open space.

PS The Heane Army 2 da port 0

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how is it that there is no mention of westport united agm on the web site ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Apparently there was other stuff posted for the website and it never went up, so I cannot say who would be responsible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    it will take the townies a little while to get used to the country air.
    And all the country people coming into towns looking for work!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Its a pity the site is not up dated on a weekly basis. Its a great site but when its not up dated it defeats the purpose. Come on Utd, give us up dated news on all teams every week. May be one of you will take this task on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Goals from Cam (3, 1 pen.) and Spiderman were enough for Westport United to cruise past Ballyheane in a thumping 4-0 win in the Connacht Cup. It was Westport United's first win in the competition since beating Gurteen United 2-1 on March 20th 2005. Heard that Ballyheane employed Thunder Football tactics, which apparently resulted in the Louisburgh Lion being stretchered off, and he is a strong bloke. Any more feedback on the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Closing Time View Post
    Its a pity the site is not up dated on a weekly basis. Its a great site but when its not up dated it defeats the purpose. Come on Utd, give us up dated news on all teams every week. May be one of you will take this task on.
    It is up to each and every manager to compose a match report really for the site. I don't personally know how good they are on Microsoft Word or Outlook Express.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Westport United Underage 2008

Any predictions for the Westport United underage teams for 2008? Who do you think will do well?

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast