Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Westport United FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by terrier View Post
    qh please stop.this is getting mad.these threads are great fun but some are crossing the line to insult people a lot of it is hurtfull.ive had things said about me this week and its not nice.we can all have a bit off rowling without this messing.pb and kc are friends of mine and it was an honour to come 2nd to them in interviews.they are class coaches and be honest the correct appointments records prove it.the com. threated me with nothing but respect during interviews at the end of the day none off them are getting paid.cs keep up the rowling your what makes the site entertaining.
    The appointment has been made with widespread approval around Westport and once the two boys gets their teeth into it, we will be flying into more silverware again. Remember, when we won the FAI Junior Cup, our earlier rounds weren't exactly hot at the time but from the Leeside game, we showed our authority. Same could happen again in either of our two external competitions. The squad is better than 30 months ago.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [quote=quay heart;805152]
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveller View Post
    Do you ever give up?
    How long has Alex Ferguson been in charge of Man United? How successful is he?
    correct me if im wrong but the great sir alex didnt take breaks for a rest or when the going got tough.im well aware of pb,s problems and he cant possibly give100% to the soccer.i wouldnt expect him to.kc has done a runner from our gaa team because things got too tough.boc was the worst coach in westport since paul bourke but he even won the double with this team.this current group of players are the best in utd history anyone could win trophys with them.as for the board they dont do away games no monies in it for them.never mind the fact none of them played the game.
    Alex Ferguson is a full time manager as his career. The boys are part time, a big difference. As for KC, the gaa team is crap, I have watched them play, there is nothing he could do with them players, in fact I am confident that the WUnited first team would beat them in a game of gaa as many of them were good gaa players as well.

Speaking of doing runners......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster View Post
    As far as I'm aware, AK played in the local leagues in the 1950's, DL played in Dublin, for Claremorris (and once got a hat trick against WUFC at the ripe old age of 40) and the B team, and FG played for Glasnevin FC during the 1980's.
    Good on you Thunder! AK was a fulback, and I am sure that FG was a great target man!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedmc View Post
    Brilliant - thanks again for all the help!!
    I copied the info from this thread if somebody wants to remove the offi topics bits thats fine
    We might have a game on that weekend, you guys should come along if there is one on. We can keep you posted or check our website www.westportunited.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just wondering how are Westport 'B' all set for that title match against local rivals 'Fahy'

Hear a few familiar faces are returning from America.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    Just wondering how are Westport 'B' all set for that title match against local rivals 'Fahy'

Hear a few familiar faces are returning from America.
    It is going to be a typical cup final, with the long time gap since the last game, form goes out the window, we will see what happens on the day. There are lads back from travelling, but whether they play is another question, I would say DL will stick to the lads who have been playing all season, and maybe spring these lads from the bench if needed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm a little bit lost here!!
    Dont worry the real thread bearer will understand what it means.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by terrier View Post
    qh please stop.this is getting mad.these threads are great fun but some are crossing the line to insult people a lot of it is hurtfull.ive had things said about me this week and its not nice.we can all have a bit off rowling without this messing.pb and kc are friends of mine and it was an honour to come 2nd to them in interviews.they are class coaches and be honest the correct appointments records prove it.the com. threated me with nothing but respect during interviews at the end of the day none off them are getting paid.cs keep up the rowling your what makes the site entertaining.
    Your dead right j.m even I over step, but not ment to be untastedful, I was look n on the funie side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    After that grinding 1-0 win over S&F with Bourkie scoring, the 3 in 1 Oil was applied to the mechanisms that run the famous junior team and the iconic saints returned to the dugout against Kiltimagh/Knock United. Westport finally started to play the slick football that was devoid for a very long time and there were some welcome faces back. We cruised it 9-1 with the Louisburgh Lion bagging FIVE goals, Spiderman grabbing a brace and one each for Gerry and Lovejoy. The word is that the mean machine is ready to roll and the opposition will quake in their boots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Not such a good weekend for the kids with the U.18's losing 4-2 to Corrib Celtic and the U.16's losing 3-1 to Kilmurray in the U.16 Mayo Cup Semi Final.

The U.12's have a trip to Sligo coming up. The coach of Ballygawley/Innisfree is a close buddy of the Westport United Youth Co-ordinator!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I believe that Westport United got conditional planning permission for their site. If that is the case, it is great news but it means a lot of very hard work by all with a vested interest in the club and everybody will have to get behind the project and give a bit of expertise on anything that will help our dream come true. Even a bit of help from friends of our club that reads www.foot.ie would be beneficial. There is a flag day coming up on Nov. 24th around the streets of Westport, if that information is correct. All donations will be appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I believe that Westport United got conditional planning permission for their site. If that is the case, it is great news but it means a lot of very hard work by all with a vested interest in the club and everybody will have to get behind the project and give a bit of expertise on anything that will help our dream come true. Even a bit of help from friends of our club that reads www.foot.ie would be beneficial. There is a flag day coming up on Nov. 24th around the streets of Westport, if that information is correct. All donations will be appreciated.
    From what I hear it sounds like a very exciting project.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    when someone finds fault you attack them rambling no.you can't inform something unless its based on fact, not fiction.
    If there was any truth in the ramblings of his job. Then he would have a case for unfair dismissal, I don't think any employer would like to go down that road.
    ???????? Chinese?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    After that grinding 1-0 win over S&F with Bourkie scoring, the 3 in 1 Oil was applied to the mechanisms that run the famous junior team and the iconic saints returned to the dugout against Kiltimagh/Knock United. Westport finally started to play the slick football that was devoid for a very long time and there were some welcome faces back. We cruised it 9-1 with the Louisburgh Lion bagging FIVE goals, Spiderman grabbing a brace and one each for Gerry and Lovejoy. The word is that the mean machine is ready to roll and the opposition will quake in their boots.
    Yes great result against K&K Utd a team who are going for a play-off spot in the Mayo League Div 2b where they have to beat Castlebar Celtic C yes C. I hear Killester are quaking in their boots. With all the players back, who was dropped (a few unhappy players) for this game and how many of this squad is allowed to play for the B team on Sunday.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great news. Any word on the start up date. Who was in charge of the team last Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Closing Time View Post
    Great news. Any word on the start up date. Who was in charge of the team last Sunday.
    The dynamic duo were in charge.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveller View Post
    The dynamic duo were in charge.
    I see Ballyheane face westport in Ballyheane in the Connaught Cup 14 in the last 16 should be good tie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    I see Ballyheane face westport in Ballyheane in the Connaught Cup 14 in the last 16 should be good tie.
    Away win!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I believe that Fahy are bringing a very big crowd with them to the game on Sunday.........600 sheep!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Interesting to note on a certain media outlet last week, it had a major article on Westport United set on giving the managers job to........the person who didn't get it. As for this week's article on who actually got the job, there was less of a profile and not on the main football page.

Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast