Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Disgrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Disgrace

Absoloutely shocking tonight!!
    Fair enough late equaliser again but still i was sickened leaving Terryland tonight.So much is put into UTD by the club and supporters and for 5 years now we've got nothing back!!.
    For 90 minutes tonight there was colour,noise and passion from the supporters and yet the usual tripe was served up on the pitch.What a joke we are!.How come we can never just do things like we should.I mean Kerry laegue can beat Kilkenny for feck sake and the great Galway UTD could only muster a draw against them.They haven't scored in 6 games....until tonight of course!.So much emphasis is put on getting the crowds to Terryland.Fair play to all those who atteneded tonight(over 1000 id say) after the Athlone nightmare......and for what?A poxy goal,hoofball,inept tactical decisions from Lally and sitting back for the entire second half!!!!!!!
    Wake up Lally........stop talking sh!te in the papers every week.....shape up now or get lost!.We're sick of watching crap every single week,give us something to shout about for fu*k sake!
    Also some players need a dose of reality.With the exception of Raf they're all useless!.Murphy arrived at Terryland tonight some ten minutes after his ego!....he's not the only player either.If we get a similar performance against Monaghan then the club should seriously consider certain people's positions at the club!
    End of Rant....for now!
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    couldnt make it through a personnal emergency, what was the starting team? what were lals inept decisions? any subs used?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Terry for no obvious reason(perhaps he was injured) he substituted Cooke who was playing well for Dave Goldbey. .
    Lally might aswell have told the Kilkenny back for to go for a burger!No chance of him scoring.****e all over....copy and paste of the Harps match Terry.Once we scored we sat back and they then equalised late on.

TEAM:
    1 Gough
    2 Cretaro(MOTM)
    3 O Reilly
    4 Frawley
    5 Carter
    6 Foley
    7 Cooke
    8 Murphy
    9 Moran
    10 Billy(i think )
    11 O Brien.

Cretaro is too good for us.

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    sounds like us under O'Riordon.....we all expected so much but only Raf delivered.Time to sack Lally before yer chances of winning the league are over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    have to agree with everything you said in the first post conor - bloody draw merchants
    more water!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought I was going to terryland park to see galway United v. Kilkenny City......felt like i got to the Hoofing Olympics!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Six points behind Limerick

at this stage, and they have a game in hand. Crucial games coming up :

Three points is a must against "Los Magicos" at home.
    Away to Limerick and at home to Shamrock Rovers are
    the next two league fixtures. By the
    end of this triad we will face into a three week break
    knowing what the rest of the season holds. For example,
    7+/9 would still leave us close to the leaders. The worst
    possible scenario could see us over 10 points
    off the top of the table.
    Last edited by Patrick Dunne; 07/05/2006 at 2:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The worst could see us 12 points off the top.Limerick's game in hand is away to Rovers so if either of them win they'll go 9 points ahead of us.
    If we then loose to either of them we will be 12 points off 1st.That is a gap that we won't close.
    Rovers will loose no more than 3 games all year.The next 4 games will shape our season.
    Mons(home)3 pts
    Lims (away)1pt
    Athlone (cup)-must WIN
    Rovers(home)3pts.

Horrible knowing our season could once again end in June!!

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    i doubt there was 1000 at da game cos there was f*ck all in the dun na coirbe end of the stand and i'm not tryin to stir the sh*t but the atmosphere was terrible. evry1 always complains about the atmosphere in our new stand but it's like a cauldron of noise compared to yer's. it's seems as if the majority of ppl at ur games aren't too pushed about the result cos there's never even a few ppl on their feet sayin "come on united" when ye need a goal or a few ppl eating the head of the ref after a bad decision. i know yer hardcore make the effort but yer in the minority

back to the match, i was thinkin bout leaving at half-time cos i was bored&i prob should have. i think ye should get rid of lally quick!! i know enough about raf,foley&murphy to realise that he's not gettin anywhere near their potential out of em. i'm sure ye think raf's still good but he was always far better with us. foley's main asset is determination&gettin stuck in but he mustn't be motivated cos he's not little battler he was last year. as for murphy, does he even give a sh*t? i thought it was a bit daft havin clery up front but he wasn't actually that bad for a player out of position. kilkenny don't exactly have an abundance of talent but they showed ten times the heart ye did&really fought for a deserved point.

gough, murphy, ryan, clery, foley, raf plus maybe a cupla others(harty etc) are good enogh to have ye competitive but unless somethin radical is done(new striker or manager) i doubt ye have a hope
    Last edited by Red4Eva; 07/05/2006 at 7:39 PM.
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agree with most you said REd4Eva bar 2 things.

1 There was over 1000 at the game.
    2.The atmosphere at our games is 20 times better than yere's and you know it.Fair enough alot of the people there aren't vocal but still.Despite watching crap for 90 minutes the three drums and about 60-80 of us kept going and we were loud,as we have been at every game this year.We've actually been commended by a number of fans....most recently the Monaghan keeper Robbie Horgan.(check the mons forum).
    Red4Eva tbh we could have all 1000 fans jumping on seats with flares and you'd say the atmosphere was crap.
    Next you'll be telling me Sligo fans make noise!

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H
    most recently the Monaghan keeper Robbie Horgan.(check the mons forum).
    In fairness Tribesman(I know), he's the Monaghan keeper, he wouldn't know atmosphere or fans if they hit him in the face.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Galway of course has a great athmosphere considering the crowds woulnt be as big as Corks but they certainly make themselves heard.
    Robbie Horgan....mons goalkeeper.

Conor H ... if the team performed half as good as ye did last night ye'd of hammered us...... what were ye on? it was the best away performance by supporters seen at St. Colemans park in a long time... fair play to ye lot, ye never stopped except for a reload at half -time.
    see ye next year
    from Rammie a Cobh fan....after the last game of the 05 season.BTW sorry we didnt all get down mast week.

So we make noise Red4Eva.

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dunne
    750 official attendance GUFC vs Kilkenny City.
    2.think what u want but i'm giving an honest neutral opinion&should try sittin down the other end of the stand and u might realise what i'm on about. with regards to ur cobh comment, i never said anythin about ur away days or the noise from this 60-80 i was on about the the other 670-790
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1.Touche.....although im not sure does that take into account season tickets?
    2.!Neutral opinion".....your having a laugh.Every week you come on and state the bloody obvious along with...."oh raf was much better with us etc" .
    I was over the other side of the ground for a minute and i could hear us loud and proud.
    It's funny you deemed it necessary to have a go out the 750 that don't sing or get behind the team,before you gave the match report.
    You've said after every game you don't know why you stayed.....it's probably so you can have a full match report for us.
    Can't wait for the Monaghan report.

Edited by Mod: Attack the post not the poster
    Last edited by Terry; 08/05/2006 at 7:51 AM.

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Im locking this as its going nowhere except down an old road. If anyone has anything constructive to comment they can PM me and i'll reopen it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    have to comment to the sligo person who said that Robbie Horgan isnt used to athmosphere....that may be true since he came to us last year but prior to that he got plenty of athmosphere playing for Shamrock Rovers (including being on the bench at a Celtic match) so in his 21 years of eL football I would say he has experienced more athmosphere than you have kissed poor unfortunate females!
    Last edited by Terry; 08/05/2006 at 11:06 AM.