Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cillian Sheridan (F Inverness Caledonian Thistle b.1989)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cillian Sheridan (F Inverness Caledonian Thistle b.1989)

Anyone who's been following Ireland underage teams will be familiar with Cillian Sheridan. As far as I know he's from Bailieborough, Co. Cavan and I was wondering if anyone knows if he's related to Tony Sheridan (ex Shelbourne and Leeds) whose family is also from Bailieborough. It's a small town so it would seem a bit of a coincidence that they'd share the same name and come from the same place considering it's hardly a hotbed of soccer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Well if he is related to him I hope he inherits the skill genes but avoids the lazy genes.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Doubt if they're related. Tony Sheridan's from Crumlin (Or there abouts)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tony Sheridans uncles are all from Bailieboro although I know he was raised in Dublin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I saw him play against Serbia and Montenegro and i was not impressed with him much compared with Terry Dixon he looked rather slow and lacking in skill or goal instinct.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Sheridan made the opening goal against Romania when he came on, it also allowed McDermott to move into the centr of the park where he was much more effective. I think the team as a whole were poor against Serbia and Montenegro after 2 games in the previous 4 days.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    I saw him play against Serbia and Montenegro and i was not impressed with him much compared with Terry Dixon he looked rather slow and lacking in skill or goal instinct.

and oddly enough, I think Terry Dixon's ma is from Bailieboro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Anyone see how Sheridan did last night? He came on at half time but I had to go out. McGeady was superb in the first half. and set up all the chances. Sheridan will no doubt get a big chance under Strachan. He loves him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    He did this class chest knock down to Samaras...then did nothing of any note for the rest of the game.

He seems to be a bit of a target man.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Only saw him once, as a second half sub against Germany's U19s at Dalyer. We lost 1-0, a little unluckily. Through no fault of his own he reduced our performance because we simply lumped long passes up to him whereas in the first half we actually played proper football. Funny thing is, the one thing that occurred to me was that surprisingly for a big skinny lank, he had quite a turn of pace!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Anyone see how Sheridan did last night? He came on at half time but I had to go out. McGeady was superb in the first half. and set up all the chances. Sheridan will no doubt get a big chance under Strachan. He loves him.
    I was at the game & he hardly got a touch, made no impression whatsoever. Having said that he got poor supply. Celtic midfield was very weak.

Strachan should have a few concerns after that display, it was very easy for Fulham, who should have had more, & seemed to push the celtic players off the ball with ease.

I thought McGeady fell short by his own standards, however he was certainly the best Celtic had to offer - also easily knocked off the ball.

Another bright spark was O'Dea, who played well, broke with great intent and physically seemed up to the challenge of Fulham - unlike his team mates.

Lots of work for Strachan to do anyway. The best player on the pitch was Bullard - by a mile.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    I was at the game & he hardly got a touch, made no impression whatsoever. Having said that he got poor supply. Celtic midfield was very weak.

Strachan should have a few concerns after that display, it was very easy for Fulham, who should have had more, & seemed to push the celtic players off the ball with ease.

I thought McGeady fell short by his own standards, however he was certainly the best Celtic had to offer - also easily knocked off the ball.

Another bright spark was O'Dea, who played well, broke with great intent and physically seemed up to the challenge of Fulham - unlike his team mates.

Lots of work for Strachan to do anyway. The best player on the pitch was Bullard - by a mile.
    Agreed Sheridan did nothing, I beleive he was equally ineffective on Friday against Southampton though I didnt see it.

It was the 2nd pre-season friendly - I dont think Strachan should be overly worried yet - though I can guarantee if you go on to the Celtic forums there will be an abundance of comments like yours and much stronger. IMO nothing to worry about it was just about fitness levels. Pity Sheridan didnt do more though as he needs to take these opportunities. At least Samaras is useless (im not atall happy with that signing) and should not be a reason for not achieving a place on the bench/first 11 over the next few seasons.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post

I was talking about the Southampton game in case you thought I was talking about Fulham. I didn't see the Fulham match but I wouldn't read anything into it. They finished the Southampton game at half 9 at night and then had to play in London at 3 the next day.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    That explains quite a bit

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i've seen a good bit of sheridan and think he'll be a first teamer this season...not a regular but he will def see a good bit of action

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Looking OK against Man U tonight, (not that I'm biased)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He looks like he'll score a few. Gets into excellent positions.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    He looks like he'll score a few. Gets into excellent positions.
    looks like this guy will progress did more when he came on then some of the celtic boys combined

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    looks like this guy will progress did more when he came on then some of the celtic boys combined
    Trus. Looked like he was actually up for it a bi. Maybe some decent runs and is a physical player.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    He held the ball up and protected it really well under pressure at one point when it looked far more likely he'd be dispossessed.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast