29 Posts

Championship Relegation Battle

With four games to go this is the way it looks

_____________________ Pld W D L F A GD P
    21 Sheffield Wednesday 42 10 12 20 33 51 -18 42
    22 Crewe Alexandra 42 8 13 21 50 80 -30 37
    23 Millwall 42 7 15 20 31 55 -24 36
    24 Brighton & Hove Albion 42 6 17 19 36 62 -26 35

I reackon all Wednesday need is another win (hopefully against Norwich today) and we'll be safe. Crewe have been on a decent run lately but I wouldn't bet on them getting eight points from twelve in their remaining fixtures. After the Norwich game though we're away to Brighton, in what could be the game that sees them relegated, so they'll be throwing the kitchen sink at us to get the points. Anyone got any opinions on the way the relegation battle is shaping up?

And as I've been typing Millwall have gone one down to Plymouth, so they're starting to look League One bound.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wednesday won! its a fore gone conclusion now really! wednesday are safe....well done to them! nice that they al but sealed their fate on the anniversary of hillsborough!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sad to see we will have that twerp managing Sheffield United in the Premiership next season.
    Sorry to see Crewe in trouble - Dario Gradi has worked miracles with them to have them even in the Second Division or Championship or whatever it's called this week.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ah...warnock will be a good addition i think! he'll bring a bit of banter to it! its good he's in the premier now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123
    ah...warnock will be a good addition i think! he'll bring a bit of banter to it! its good he's in the premier now!
    i hate neil warnock, but i'm glad they're up so that i can laugh my hole off at him when that sheffield **** is managing the team bottom of the league in march on 9 points, and watch him blame everyone but himself.(ie. the refs, the players, the fans, the church of scientology etc.)

i hope we(leeds) go up in the playoffs but first beat them bout 8-0 on tuesday night

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123
    I see Warnock managed to lose it last night in what was supposed to be a celebratory game. The guy needs to go to anger management classes. He's a total space cadet. I wouldn't use the word "character" - idiot I'd say.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    I see Warnock managed to lose it last night in what was supposed to be a celebratory game. The guy needs to go to anger management classes. He's a total space cadet. I wouldn't use the word "character" - idiot I'd say.

but after the match he blamed a member of the Leeds bench for him getting sent off!!! Unbelievable!!! then said "its because i'm Neil Warnock that i was sent off"

What a complete pr*ck.

cant wait to see ferguson and jose rip him to shreds in the Premiership.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I like Neil Warnock I think his first name is what makes him.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    He loses all charm after that though Neil.

In all seriousness I have lost whatever modicum of respect I had for him these last couple of seasons. "Character" my arse; he has become a charmless whinger in the style of "the chosen one". His treatment of Kevin Blackwell (they have a long connection stretching back twenty years to when Warnock took over as Scarborough manager and Blackwell was his GK in their Conference-winning side of 1986/87) in the light of the latter's acceptance of the Leeds job is nothing short of scandalous. He was offered a better choice than being your lackey, Warnock, just accept it.

Oh, and I hope your team come straight back down.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    As far as I know Blackwell and Warnock have kissed and made up. However, good to see the owls stay up, maybe now Sturrock can be given a few pounds and become the longest serving manager at Hillsborough for a long time. Strange to see 3 clubs relegated all like that on he one day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    I like Neil Warnock I think his first name is what makes him.
    I thought his first name was Colin
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    From what I read it seems Warnock was incensed over a bad tackle by Gary Kelly, did not see the game
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i saw the tackle...it was reckless, maybe, but nothing to lose the handle over!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anybody see him giving the 2 fingers to the Norwich bench after they were beaten at Carrow Road a few weeks ago? It was comical looking, the bitterness in him cos united had lost again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lofty9
    As far as I know Blackwell and Warnock have kissed and made up. However, good to see the owls stay up, maybe now Sturrock can be given a few pounds and become the longest serving manager at Hillsborough for a long time. Strange to see 3 clubs relegated all like that on he one day.
    Strange but nice. I expected it to go down to the wire. I have a lot of respect for Paul Sturrock and how he's turned the club around in a short space of time. However, his hands will be tied by the large debt thanks to David Pleat and Danny Wilson but the likes of Blackwell has shown that you don't need a large purse for success. And yes he and Warnock have made up as they were co-panelists on GOALS ON SUNDAY on SKy or as I call it REFEREES ON SUNDAY as they talk more about the refs than the goals but Warnock still had a dig at him for leaving the Blunts to go to Leeds.

I am not sure the lift goes all the way to the top with Warnock. There will be a few "disrepute" charges before the season is out I bet.
    -----------------------

Does anyone know how far the Derby COunty ground is from the railway station. Hope to go to Wednesday's last match there but only have 35 minutes.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan

Does anyone know how far the Derby COunty ground is from the railway station. Hope to go to Wednesday's last match there but only have 35 minutes.
    Do you have any idea what the ticket situation for Wednesday fans for Pride Park is Owlsfan? Have we sold out yet? I'm getting my student grant in a week (3,020 big ones) and was thinking of heading over myself.

Apparantly Sturrock will have the purse strings loosened a bit next year, but as you say, after Wilson, Pleat etc. the Purse only has about a tenner in it anyway! As for Warnock and United, I for one can't wait for them to do 'a Sunderland', Jagielka to be sold off, Warnock to get the sack, and the rest of the team to be shown up for the bunch of hack merchants that they are!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus
    Do you have any idea what the ticket situation for Wednesday fans for Pride Park is Owlsfan? Have we sold out yet? I'm getting my student grant in a week (3,020 big ones) and was thinking of heading over myself.

Apparantly Sturrock will have the purse strings loosened a bit next year, but as you say, after Wilson, Pleat etc. the Purse only has about a tenner in it anyway! As for Warnock and United, I for one can't wait for them to do 'a Sunderland', Jagielka to be sold off, Warnock to get the sack, and the rest of the team to be shown up for the bunch of hack merchants that they are!
    Was planning to buy a "home ticket" on the day and sit on my hands for the afternoon.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Apparently Warnock incited his players to go out & "break Gary Kelly's legs".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts