I apologise in advance unreservedly if this is in the wrong place but I hear Roy Keane has finally made it big. An interview in the RTE Guide. In the interview Roy describes himself as an 'ordinary man'. Contrary to reports he did not try to train his dog triggs to put the rubbish out. He doesn't do the ironing or cooking and his wife is quiet happy to do it. If you haven't already established this is just the uninteresting drivel that will not encourage me to pick up the guide now or ever. More interesting however are the ongoing rumours linking Roy with his former club Nottingham Forest. Having caught a few Forest games there were reports that Roy had been seen at the City Ground in Nottingham. Forest are on a fantastic run of late and are unbeaten in 8 I think having won the last four after the sacking of Gary Megson. The success is due in no small part to the work of Frankie Barlow and 'Charlie' McParland. Both are in temporary charge. Roy was the unanimous choice of Forest supporters to take over at the City Ground followed closely by Nigel Clough who has just turned forty and hung up his playing boots to concentrate on managing Burton at the Pirelli Stadium.

Brendan