Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Rams v Waterford (again)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rams v Waterford (again)

After last Sundays performance I hope Hendo realises that hes using the wrong tactics because were too defensive. I will be hopeful and say well get a result in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Not stirring now Duffer but are ye looking a bit off the pace already? (very early doors, i know and all that)
    Ye ran City ragged there a few weeks ago. I thought ye looked very good but the view among City fans was that that was the most ye'd put into any game all season.
    Your first four results show none of that resolve.
    Does that not **** ya off are am i over-exaggerating?
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be honest i am a bit ****ed off with the way things are going. If ya ask me I think Hendo is walking on a tight rope. With all the money thats being spent on the ground, theres a lot of pressure on Hendos team to perform. As you know Risteard the Genesius report is at the end of this season and league position will be one of the main factors taken into consideration. I would say if Ramblers fail to get good results in the next 3 games (waterford, limerick and kildare), then Hendo will be struggling to keep his job. I know its early in the season but they have made a very poor start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    A good bunch of players he has aswell. Maybe if he stopped shouting constant abuse at them.
    What time is this on anyway?
    I might go down to shout against both teams.
    €10 in?
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kick-Off 7.45. I dont think the chairman will be very happy with the way the team is playing. Hes after giving a lot of money (compared to last year) for Hendo to spend on wages. Could you imagine if Rmblers didnt pass the genisius report after the money they spent? That would put the club into major financial trouble I would think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    2-0!

Rams were fairly poor in the 1st half but I have to say they played terrific football in the 2nd. Roll on limerick on friday!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Duffer
    2-0!
    2-0 to who?

Edit: Saw elsewhere it was Rams who won. Nice one.
    Last edited by Clifford; 05/04/2006 at 10:44 AM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Well done Rams...on that reckoning we could be beating Waterford 4-0 as we were 2 goals to good against you lot on Sunday!

Good to see a 1st division team knocking out premier teams tho even if it is poor Waterford. Reminds the arrogant feckers in the premier that their is still life in the graveyard!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    2-0 delighted but that still doesnt make up for monaghan.

beating the scum will do that!!
    Mar 19 Cobh Ramblers3-2 Limerick
    July 23 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Sept 23 Limerick 0-2 Ramblers
    June 28 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Aug 18 Limerick 0-1 Ramblers
    Oct 21 Ramblers 1-0 Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Waterford United bowed out of this seasons eircom league cup when they fell to two second half goals at St Coleman's Park in Cobh.

One of Waterford United’s former players, centre-back David Breen, played a significant role in their defeat where his new club Cobh Ramblers caused a mild upset in the eircom League Cup.

Breen scored Cobh’s second goal in the 65th minute when he stretched his leg to deflect a free from Dave Warren into the Waterford net.

Cobh had jumped in front in the 59th minute and again the goal followed a free. This time it was Alan Carey who drove the ball into the penalty area and Dave Murray beat goalkeeper Shane Dunphy with a glancing header.

Waterford, of the Premier Division, had marginally the better of the opening half. Chances were plentiful with Waterford operating from a 4-3-3 formation.

They were close after just five minutes when Paul McCarthy was narrowly over with a powerful shot from 25 yards. Alan Carey did better for Cobh with a left-foot shot that was on target in the 28th minute and goalkeeper Dunphy was forced to make a good save.

Manager Michael Kerley gave Dunphy a start with regular goalkeeper Jimmy Fyffe on the bench and the replacement had a good first half. He saved well from Willie Bruton in the 34th minute, just after Brendan Hughes had put a header over at the other end when he might have scored.

Cobh now go into a draw with Cork City, Kilkenny City and Limerick for second round matches.

Cobh Ramblers: McCarthy; Carey, Murray, Breen, Falvey; Yelverton, Barrett, Warren, Mulconry; Brosnan, Bruton. Sub: Murphy for Brosnan 60.

Waterford United: Dunphy; Flynn, Deans, Hughes, Young; McCarthy, Grant, Hawkins; Colfer, Doyle, Fraher. Subs: Polewczak for Colfer 62; O’Shea for McCarthy 79.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cobh Ramblers 2-0 Waterford United
    Second half goals from Kevin Murray and David Breen helped First Division Cobh Ramblers to victory over Premier Division Waterford United in Tuesday night’s eircom League Cup first round tie at St Colman’s Park.

Both sides went into the game looking to bounce back from sizeable defeats at the weekend, Cobh going down to Monaghan and Waterford conceding four against Bohemians.

But it was the Cork men who advanced to the last 16 with victory over their provincial rivals.

Murray, the former Cork City defender, fired his side in front shortly before the hour mark and Breen, who joined Cobh from Waterford during the winter, made sure of the victory six minutes later.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ramblers were outstanding vs Waterford. If they play like they did in the second half all the time then we will definetly go up.
    Hendo got it spot on with the tactics. Shane Barrett had a stormer centre mid and the 2 centre halfs were brilliant.
    It just goes to show what can happen when u finally drop John Meade. Meade and Carey are the 2 weak links in the side and it's about time he dropped Meade because he's just not up to it. There is no way he should be captain. Mulconroy is a born leader and is respected by both fans and players and he should be captain.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with that Ramblers14 but Falvey is not a left back either. I think Careys performance against Waterford was probaly the only good game hes played for Ramblers in the 2 years hes been here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yelverton and willie bruts were superb together in the second half. Willie wanted to play againsy his old club and was brilliant when he did. If only he wanted to play every week...........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldn't be going getting carried away with the result the other night lads.We're **** poor at the minute,christ we could probably field our first team in the U-21 league,its men against boys for us with most teams this season.Looks like we're in for a right thumping friday night against Shels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thank god o'shea wasnt playing.

hes good but too young at the moment,he should only be on the bench not starting!

like CB said lets not get carried away lads!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im not getting carried away anyway, i still havent gotten over that 3-1 away loss to monaghan last sunday. However judging by tuesdays performance they are starting to show signs of improvement.