Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Blues Win again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Blues Win again

Limerick 1 Ramblers 0

A game of two halves to say the least, limerick should have been a couple of goals up at the break, but for some bad finishing by our attackers. All our good work was coming down the left flank with Heffo and Chukka working well together.
    2nd half started slow, and Cobh grew in confidence the longer it stayed at 1-0, Bruton was allowed in far to cheaply (IMO) on a few occasions and Mooney had to be on his guard with him. Best on the night for me was Chukka, very solid at the back and never gave the ball away, Mooney was in inspired form, Heffo was excellent in 1st half but was quieter in the 2nd.
    Anyway its more about the result than the perfomance tonight, 3 more points, sets us up nicely for Kildare on Tues. and the Harps on Fri.

Up the Blues
    Last edited by Westside; 08/04/2006 at 4:40 AM.
    Unity is Power, Power if shared is Strength, Limerick 37 serving the Community of Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Who started???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    We fully deserved to win though and i thought had it not been for a very poor lino on the far side, Carthy could have got a second,(he was at least 5 YARDS onside) Mooney was class, we missed a bit of guile in mid field, Kiely/Purcell partnership isnt working. But 3 good points now lets get 6 more this week. Promote your team we need bigger attendences.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is Ducca even getting on the bench??? Ducca and Purcell nearly got us up a few years back!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The openout kid
    Is Ducca even getting on the bench??? Ducca and Purcell nearly got us up a few years back!!
    He's studying for his finals at present, will not be available for selection till around the end of May.

Team was:

1. Mooney
    2. Molan
    3. Buckley
    4. Kiely
    5. Purcell
    6. Barrett
    7. Kelleher
    8. Wolfe
    9. Waters (Carthy came on 29 min)
    10. Rose (Guiren came on 85 min I think)
    11. Heffernan
    Last edited by Westside; 08/04/2006 at 4:37 AM.
    Unity is Power, Power if shared is Strength, Limerick 37 serving the Community of Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside
    attackers
    can we use that word re: waters and rose?

what was the attendance?
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by declan hide

what was the attendance?
    At the moment I would use the fact they need time together to understand each others game, I take it that you do not approve of either but hey, for now, I'm quite happy to see us getting some points on the board, we can worry about playing total football later.
    Attendance wasn't great I would say 350 approx, evening turned out to be a cold & wet,very heavy showers for the last 15 mins, I'd say both sides were glad when the ref blew for full time.
    Last edited by Westside; 08/04/2006 at 4:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Good game, great atmosphere in the Shed again, especially for the 5 min rendition of the Birdie Song. Mooney was the man of the match for me, absolute quality performance, and saved our defence on a few ocasions. Regarding our defence, we need Finny to finish these exams and reform that Purcell-Finnucane partnership as son as possible because Kiely isn't working out. And Derek needs to start games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by declan hide

what was the attendance?
    attendance was 375. Ducca will be lining out for the 21s who play cork city at hogan park tomorrow at noon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside
    At the moment I would use the fact they need time together to understand each others game, I take it that you do not approve of either but hey, for now, I'm quite happy to see us getting some points on the board, we can worry about playing total football later.
    Attendance wasn't great I would say 350 approx, evening turned out to be a cold & wet,very heavy showers for the last 15 mins, I'd say both sides were glad when the ref blew for full time.
    i'm worried about the two as individuals, neither looks better than carty
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Derek has to be given a start. We really lack a bit of bite up front. We're also very weak through the middle from the back four to the front two. Woulfe is definitely not a central midfielder. His distribution is terrible. Overall I thought it wasn't a great performance, but at least we won and the way the division is looking at present if we can win our next two home games it will set things up lovely for the trip to Tolka. Mooney had probably his best game for Limerick and was my man of the match.
    If you don't like John 3:7...
    There's always Limerick 37!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the problem with Kiely is that he is inexperienced. At one point in the match Purcell went up to win a header, instead of tucking in behind to cover Paddy he stayed where he was and Willie Bruton ran through and nearly scored if it hadn't been for Mooney saving. Ideally we all want to see Finny and Paddy playing together, and to add Buckley while not a bad player is not good enough to dislodge either Finny or Paddy.

It's quite obvious to see the style of football we are going to play this season, instead of hoofing it down the middle, the idea is to pump it down the wings. Very much a case of Jack Charlton mach two for me except it's poorly executed. We need to bring some variation into our game by playing short passes, one-two's and when the opposition least expect it then play it long down the wing. There seems to be no intelligence associated with our play at all and in an environment like this will only result in the players regressing.
    Limerick 37, its so shiny and new we dare not take the cover off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Guy's, Its early days. After five or six games we shoud begin to know exactly what we can look forward to to for the season. As regards Woulfe in midfield, Surely he is only in there as a destructive force against oposing midfields. When he gets it he should be giving it off simple and let the likes of barrett play the football. Is Woulfee's Job - to protect the back four???