Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UCD Saturday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

UCD Saturday

Who's able to make it? Reckon we'll probably have less than usual due to part-time weekend work and the like. Luckaly i've got the 7-3:30 shift so I'll be there. Imo should have kept the games on friday.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Wont be there, be away for the weekend, even if i was not going away i would still miss it due too work, there wont be many singers either due too other commitments.
    www.braywanderers.ie (Club)
    www.braywanderers.com (supporters club)
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I'm playing in the foot.ie match on Saturday.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    shame there's not that many going. I'll be there with 5 or so others so will get them to sing,. if i can
    \o/ |o| \o/ |o| \o/.....easy, easy, easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    absolutly pathetic performance. big changes needed somewhere......
    i'm not happy..................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinwanderer
    absolutly pathetic performance. big changes needed somewhere......
    i'm not happy..................
    To be fair, the score was harsh on you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    poor defense, way too slow, zayed not interested

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    To be fair, the score was harsh on you.
    At least your honest, just could'nt believe what i was seeing ! like we should have been 3 or 4 up by the time we conceeded, them for 5 minutes we just gifted UCD the game, even after half time within the 1st ten minutes we should have been level ! The chances we missed.......

I've never seen a game like it before !

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Think saying yez should have been three up is pushing it a bit! Bray had a couple of good openings, but then so did we.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank
    I'm playing in the foot.ie match on Saturday.
    Cant believe you put that ahead of yer teams EL match.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Defence was shocking. Hurry back Jody and Chopper. Why is Wesley playing in midfield ? He's not a midfielder. I know he went to centre half near the end when Roche went off. Can't believe that Robbie was taken off ahead of Zayed. At least Robbie was trying and had a few chances.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thought bray were terrible especially gifford and roche at the back.midfield non existent doyle needs to take his chances. need jody back with wes center half

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    whats the story with the subs wheres the franco lad i thought he'd get a run was he on the bench??

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyingseagul
    poor defense, way too slow, zayed not interested
    Zayed not interested do you not mean Zayed extremely lazy?!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Think saying yez should have been three up is pushing it a bit! Bray had a couple of good openings, but then so did we.
    Do ya ?

Robbie had 3 really good chances in the before you scored, Eamon had 1 and Tresson had one as well, Pip just missed with a drive as well. From those 6 chances and the level of diffuculty, at least 3 should have beenb scored, if not 4.

2nd half was the same, Robbie had 2 excellent chances at the start of the 2nd half, should have put both away, Eamon scored and from were i was, did'nt look offside. McGovern had a great header which hit Quigley and Foxey was just wide on 2 occasions. Again out of these 6 chances, at least 3 should have been taken.

The chances you had before you scored were more half chances, dragged shots etc..... nothing that was on target or troubled our keeper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

It wasn't just Zayed who didn't try. Dave Tyrell was just as bad. Some other players were very poor, but at least they were trying. Both Tyrell and Zayed have to look at themselves in the mirror and decide if they really want to play for us, and if not just leave. I'm not one to put players down, but they were both that bad I know i could have done better. Zayed was the exact same last week v Drogheda. Before anyone points out that these are two of are our most talented player I realise that, but they need to play when the team needs them, not when it suits them. Fair play to the lads who gave 100% all game, they know who they are and we're greatfull for the effort.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    Do ya ?

Robbie had 3 really good chances in the before you scored, Eamon had 1 and Tresson had one as well, Pip just missed with a drive as well. From those 6 chances and the level of diffuculty, at least 3 should have beenb scored, if not 4.

2nd half was the same, Robbie had 2 excellent chances at the start of the 2nd half, should have put both away, Eamon scored and from were i was, did'nt look offside. McGovern had a great header which hit Quigley and Foxey was just wide on 2 occasions. Again out of these 6 chances, at least 3 should have been taken.

The chances you had before you scored were more half chances, dragged shots etc..... nothing that was on target or troubled our keeper.
    One small problem UCD took their chances! I was listening to Devo last week saying we are in a false position so i looked at the table and i couldn't see anything false about it being fair and honest. Our strikers are paid to take their chances it's embarressing people saying we had so many chances it's as if their using it as an excuse we deserved to beaten simple as that as afterall if it was the opposite we'd all be on here going on about how we took our chances so credit to UCD a good footballing side who play football on the ground not the air.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey

It wasn't just Zayed who didn't try. Dave Tyrell was just as bad. Some other players were very poor, but at least they were trying. Both Tyrell and Zayed have to look at themselves in the mirror and decide if they really want to play for us, and if not just leave. I'm not one to put players down, but they were both that bad I know i could have done better. Zayed was the exact same last week v Drogheda. Before anyone points out that these are two of are our most talented player I realise that, but they need to play when the team needs them, not when it suits them. Fair play to the lads who gave 100% all game, they know who they are and we're greatfull for the effort.
    Great post at last someone who actually watch's the game. I think Zayed is our best player brilliant goalscorer but ever since i first saw him i could see how lazy he is not just on bad days but good days as well. He reminds me a bit of Jayo in that respect not up for the hard work but i think Jayo has got that out of his game since he's gone to Shels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B
    One small problem UCD took their chances! I was listening to Devo last week saying we are in a false position so i looked at the table and i couldn't see anything false about it being fair and honest. Our strikers are paid to take their chances it's embarressing people saying we had so many chances it's as if their using it as an excuse we deserved to beaten simple as that as afterall if it was the opposite we'd all be on here going on about how we took our chances so credit to UCD a good footballing side who play football on the ground not the air.
    Agree with you 100%. No excuses we were incredeably poor and ucd caught us on a good day and profited from it. Hopefully it can only get better now.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    But sure youz didn't trouble our keeper either. In fact, your post seems to amount to "If we'd have scored our chances, we'd have been in the lead." But in fact, you didn't even get any on target. And most were over the wall into Glenomena.

4-1 certainly flattered us. But there was no way Bray looked like - or deserved - to be three up at half-time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast