Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Football- 2006

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mayo Football- 2006

Well, I see that gotribe has managed to get people so worked up the Mayo Junior football thread has been closed. Fair play to all involved in that. Also, according to 12th man, the constant bickering between people on the forum (Ring a bell Renovator and the conspicuous-by-his-absence, Manfred?) had threatened this for ages anyway.

So hopefully we will be allowed to carry on here, provided we can keep it to football rather than handbags. It would be good to see people commenting on teams, line-ups, form, tactics, fixtures, etc, rather than ranting on aimlessly. As well, though it's not a huge issue, could we start to try to write in a way that is decipherable? A few of the lads on the last thread could have english as anything up to their fourth language by the way they used syntax and spelling. Keep it readable!

Anyone know the final word on Celtic v Clonmel? Is it this weekend? Anybody got other thoughts on the coming weeks matches?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    why is the mayo thread closed, what have i missed??

anyways, its good to see both the super league and premier division so close in the early stages of the season. A few games called off last weekend due to weather, summer time is kicking in so evening getting longer,Thank God,

I can see CBar Cel B being challenged for their title this year,Achill,Swinford are up their, WPort B are also going well after beating Brobe 5-4 which as the scoreline suggests a Goalfest.

Sinabhuil-How you finding the league so far, where would you put your money on the division in terms of winning it??

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo
    Not much.
    The other Mayo thread had been deteriorating because of a couple of different things.Primarily because of People acting the thick deliberately and secondly the thread was suffering because it was trying to be "all things to all people" and all aspects of Mayo soccer were being discussed in the one thread.

There are 3 other Mayo thread going at the moment (in addition to this one) and I think it would help everybody here if People would hit the "new thread" button occasionally.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo

anyways, its good to see both the super league and premier division so close in the early stages of the season. A few games called off last weekend due to weather, summer time is kicking in so evening getting longer,Thank God,

I can see CBar Cel B being challenged for their title this year,Achill,Swinford are up their, WPort B are also going well after beating Brobe 5-4 which as the scoreline suggests a Goalfest.

Sinabhuil-How you finding the league so far, where would you put your money on the division in terms of winning it??
    Dont know enough yet. Some surprising results though. I will go to Urlaur game on Sunday before trip to Swinford. Mod was right. Some awful non soccer rubbish on the other thread.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    We(the Boro) should be in the shakeup for 2B honours this season, have made some shrewd additions to the team since last season. Bluebombers looked a bit woeful, Castlebar town won't last the pace, ballyglass and urlaur look to be the two favourites. What did you make of Urlaur, were they deserving of 7-2 or were ye just really naive.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    What new signings did ye make Joe.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We were definitely a little naive. Having said that Urlaur looked pretty good. Final result a combination of Urlaur being better, stupid mistakes and naiveity. I also think that they were missing a few players. I feel they will be there at the final shakeup. We have played them, B'Robe and C'Bar. Urlaur were the best. However with a few new players all teams can change a lot.
    We played better against B'Robe in the cup match. No goals conceded in full or extra time. Some chances to score not taken - good robe keeper.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Dave Roughneen regraded from A to B, best player in Snugboro in my opinion. Should have a new keeper soon enough, the A team signed an ex Finn Harps keeper, working as a Garda in castlebar, so Ronan Collins should step down to B. Not much other than that to be honest, was kind of exaggerating to lay down a psychological marker in the mindset of the Cross fella. Ballina banker? Come on the Boro.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Cant understand Dave not making first team. I not exactly running away with the predictions league either!.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    So how are the Heane B shaking up this year, is Mad Mick working his miracles? Should be an easy 3 points against Hollister.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    should be easy and Ballyheane. Where have I heard this so many times before, only for it all to go balls up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson
    Dave Roughneen regraded from A to B, best player in Snugboro in my opinion. Should have a new keeper soon enough, the A team signed an ex Finn Harps keeper, working as a Garda in castlebar, so Ronan Collins should step down to B.
    Joe who is the keeper signed?. Before the thread was closed, which was ridiculous and I'm not sure what was said but it descended to tat, there was a mention to a goalfest between Snugboro and Ballyvary. There's certain truth in it but it was 1-1 at half time and while the wind was strong it seemed to die down toward the end of the first half only to pick up considerably.I had windburn for a couple of days after and while Snugboro were good the score doesnt reflect the wind etc.

Brendan

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Haven't learned the keepers name yet, Michael something. From Donegal. There wasn't that much in the Snugboro-Ballyvary game, wind was a big factor, but the difference was Snugboro used it better. Literally using it to blow the ball over the line at times. A.Verity looks like a good player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson
    Haven't learned the keepers name yet, Michael something. From Donegal. There wasn't that much in the Snugboro-Ballyvary game, wind was a big factor, but the difference was Snugboro used it better. Literally using it to blow the ball over the line at times. A.Verity looks like a good player.
    Hardly Michael Boyle, he's just after his leaving.Nah cant be.Mind I wouldn't shout too loudly about acquiring a former Finn Harps keeper. So long as your sure you haven't acquired Damian Bradley or Alan Young but your ok I know youse havent.Anyhow your keeper (a brother to two of our players) was decent sunday. Alan is a great player, some pace. Make yourself known to me Sunday Joe, we're there again for the league.

Brendan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsbear
    Alan is a great player, some pace.
    Its not Alan and i keep thinking Alan.Its Andy. He stuck two away.

Brendan

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by sinabhuil
    We were definitely a little naive. Having said that Urlaur looked pretty good. Final result a combination of Urlaur being better, stupid mistakes and naiveity. I also think that they were missing a few players. I feel they will be there at the final shakeup. We have played them, B'Robe and C'Bar. Urlaur were the best. However with a few new players all teams can change a lot.
    We played better against B'Robe in the cup match. No goals conceded in full or extra time. Some chances to score not taken - good robe keeper.
    I am following your progress big improvement on your first day out
    one can only get better.
    Remember 1 thing football isn't always played at the feet remember the brain plays the bigest part
    your first win is only around the corner keep the fate.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have all the computers in Mayo been shut down. Why is the forum so quite?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinabhuil
    Have all the computers in Mayo been shut down. Why is the forum so quite?
    may have caught bird flu

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    pixiehead or should i say MARK...you said a few things about mick wallace in one of your previous posts that were well out of order.i heard he wanted to speak to you after snugboro game on sunday but missed you,im sure hes looking forward to talking to you soon...might see you for a pint in buckos at the weekend,good luck with the pub ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Exclamation Appologie

Quote Originally Posted by highlander
    pixiehead or should i say MARK...you said a few things about mick wallace in one of your previous posts that were well out of order.i heard he wanted to speak to you after snugboro game on sunday but missed you,im sure hes looking forward to talking to you soon...might see you for a pint in buckos at the weekend,good luck with the pub ?
    My comments where in explanation to others users as to why 2 Snugboro A players where not playing for the first team.I felt it approprate to give my opinion on the matter to explain to the best of my knowledge why they where not. The comments are not that of a Snugboro fc member and therefore may not have been intirely correct. If any Offence has been caused to either player Mick Wallace or David roughneen i appologize. However even if my information was nothing more than hear say i presumed the forum was for opinions and that is what i was stating. Both the club and players are of the highest calabire and the comments have been retracted. My information may have been maligned but i belive the forum should still be open to outside opinion . Again apologiges for the misinformation and free drink for anyone who took offence

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast