Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: David McGoldrick F Notts County b.1987

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Listen. Interpret what i said ANY way u want to...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Danny, I'm not going to stop posting because you have a grudge.
    Look, TOWK, I'm nearly at a loss as to how to respond to that. You've a brass neck. You're not stupid so grow up and stop pretending to be. Why intentionally misinterpret what I've said? The loaded implication above is just so utterly warped. I'm not sure how you can think that I want you to stop posting. I suggested that if you have a problem with people scrutinising your opinions, it might be advisable for you to stop putting your opinions forward for discussion on a semi-public forum. I'm not telling you to stop posting or because I'd rather you didn't. Post all you want - you're more than welcome - but don't cry about it when someone pulls you up on the more brash and hysterical stuff you so often come out with. Express your opinions, certainly, but embrace debate and be prepared to defend your assertions too. Don't cry off and play the victim because you think people are being too hard on you. You express contentious opinions; it's only natural they'll provoke a reaction and requests for further clarification and substantiation. If you can't take the heat, then you're in the wrong place.

Again, stop overanalysing what I say. I said he was nonchalant. Someone said the same thing in the USA game thread and you didn't pull them up on it. You are making out that I insulted the player when I complimented him and offered constructive criticism that he could work a little harder if he wants to make the step up to PL & Intl. level. Again, I queried if this was because he was still working his way back to full fitness.
    Strawman again. I wasn't even talking about his perceived nonchalance. I have no real problem with describing him as nonchalant. I can see that in his demeanour; I just don't think it should be confused for low work-rate or whatever. As I made very clear, I was referring specifically to your accusation that he was of low work-rate.

I thought you were referring to him generally rather than in that game specifically because of your initial phrasing. I couldn't be bothered pointing out the subtle shift in your latter phrasing from what you were originally asserting, but, if you weren't offering an opinion on him generally as a player, fair enough, I won't harp on.

Anyway, I'll analyse what I want. Does it irritate you that our opinions are scrutinised or something?

It's common enough parlance, Danny. Should I ask my Granny to start going to football trials because people say their Granny is better at defending than Stephen Ward?
    I don't know what this comment is in response to exactly. It's difficult to know when you don't refer back to whatever it is in my own post you're responding to.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Look, TOWK, I'm nearly at a loss as to how to respond to that..
    But not at a total loss... .. unfortunately

Danny, do us all a favour and just let it go, as this is not working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Danny, life is fleeting. It can end any moment. Life is too short to get worked up about stuff like this.

I made a comment about David McGoldrick being nonchalant in a game. I also praised him. I also said he could be working his way to full fitness. You brought up Robbie Keane for no logical reason at all (other than to provoke me?). You constantly deride me and question my motivations for posting. I have a right to post and have my opinions be respected, as I respect yours.

Now please inbox me if you want to continue arguing about whether I was calling McGoldrick lazy (I wasn't).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Scored the third in Ipswich's 3-0 win over Charlton, with Daryl Murphy getting the second.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts

McGoldrick hit bar before Murphy gets second I think.

Although the BBC says

Daryl Murphy headed home David McGoldrick's corner from close range to double Ipswich's lead after the break.
    That is not right as the corner was not header straight in.
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 31/12/2014 at 1:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Ipswich are really losing steam at present. Wolves, Norwich and Watford are really gaining momentum lately. I fear for Ipswich and Derby's ability to hold on to their places in the playoff positions.

McGoldrick hasn't featured in a month due to injury problems and before that he was struggling for form. Noel Hunt's injury, too, has knocked the wind from their sails. I think their lack of squad depth and dependence on Murphy is hurting them a bit now.

http://www.ipswich.vitalfootball.co....e.asp?a=387620

An interesting article about McGoldrick.

A bit disappointing that some of the new/fringe players who starred in that USA game haven't pushed on due to form and injury problems (Christie, McGoldrick, Brady); McClean too looks destined for League One football next season unless he gets a move - hopefully his teams position doesn't knock his confidence.

Hopefully Gibson can remain fit to compensate for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Derby's automatic chances have taken a blow but there's no way they'll fall out of top six. I think themselves and Norwich will probably get the two automatics as there are plenty of slips in the likes of Middlesbrough and Bournemouth. Watford are looking pretty threatening alright though.

That's true about the USA hopefuls but only Brady is a significant loss really (so far).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Finally back from injury and makes the bench v Norwich.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    First of the new season for McGoldrick - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33857650 - good to have another striker starting to score goals again after an injury-hit gap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    KD: After your loan spell at Ipswich from Coventry, it was made permanent and you were on fire. If you hadn’t got injured towards the end of that first season I think Ipswich would have made the play-offs. I know all about injuries and you have suffered your fair share. I was told that when your hamstring went this season, you were close to tears, which I can understand. How do you cope with injuries because they have been a set-back, and do you feel they have robbed you of playing in the Premier League so far?
    http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich_...dyer_1_4540943

Guess he won't be getting signed by a Premier League team.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I'd love to know what Keane said after the Scotland match that they all respected so much.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yeah that'd be interesting. It would have been difficult to find positives that night, a few home truths maybe, but in an encouraging way. Good interview actually, Dyer's questions were slightly more interesting than a lot of journalist's you read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Big Didz is linked with Sheffield Wednesday, FC Twente and CD Lugo of the Spanish second tier.

McCarthy comments on links: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-n...-in-mcgoldrick

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Bit mad. They turned down upwards of £5 million from Leicester this time last year - why would a Segunda Division side be in for him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Out until Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Goal and assist for McGoldrick after coming off the bench.

Ipswich winning 3-2 away to Wigan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    It's been a little while since his third, but David McGoldrick got his fourth goal of the season tonight. I have noted that previously we will likely have to replace three strikers before next year's Euro qualifiers as Walters, Murphy and Doyle will all be turning 35 by then. McGoldrick along with Adam Rooney and perhaps Cillian Sheridan are currently our only confirmed options who are playing near at a level appropriate to take over then (barring Madden or O'Brien moving up a division, some successful recruiting, or the likes of Maguire, Grego-Cox or McDonagh making a big breakthrough). But given the comments about a major drop-off in performance by Walters and Doyle, and with Murphy and Long not being exactly prolific, should we be thinking of making more immediate changes? Should McGoldrick, Rooney and/or Sheridan be given game time against Mexico and even Uruguay to prepare them for the later qualifiers? I know they may not be the most inspiring options but they are playing regularly and capable of finding the target and McGoldrick did show well against the USA a couple of years back, setting up two goals.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    some successful recruiting
    Surely one of the dual eligible lads will be hauled aboard soon, or will decide to help himself to an international career, I mean after all it only requires being a squad member at a reasonable level, the ability to finish one chance in five or that way, and a working knowledge of the offside rule to walk onto a 50 cap career as things stand, with a top twenty five ranked nation presently. Remarkable.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Surely one of the dual eligible lads will be hauled aboard soon, or will decide to help himself to an international career, I mean after all it only requires being a squad member at a reasonable level, the ability to finish one chance in five or that way, and a working knowledge of the offside rule to walk onto a 50 cap career as things stand, with a top twenty five ranked nation presently. Remarkable.
    I'm beginning to lean towards TOWK's way of thinking - we've made our interest known to a number of eligible players and only Will Keane (forgot to mention him) has shown an interest and he is still unproven at senior level so perhaps we should move on and start looking at our actual options like McGoldrick, who has been playing at Championship level for the past decade and has a reasonable scoring record which puts him on a par with or not far off three of the forwards we're chasing in terms of pedigree - Hogan, Jutkiewicz and Robinson

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast