Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Vote of Confidence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Vote of Confidence

When you think about it, Rico is actually giving the team a huge vote of confidence by not bring in average players, by insisting that the quality is going right through the squad.

It is also ensuring that all players aren't far from first team football and keeping them happy and more importantly commited to the team and how its doing. There is method in his madness i'm telling ya.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    When you sign an average stop gap player you are stuck with him for 1-2 years as its not easy to offload players when based in Cork. You are also wasting a squad place & using up a portion of your wage budget.

In Dublin its a lot easier to offload a player on loan & get someone else to pay some of the wages.

No need for more than 20 squad players maximum anyway. U21s can fill bench places if get that badly stuck.

He may not be playing the current young squad players but at least they are being shown they have a chance to make a squad place for themselves.

Rico manager for life...?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Rico manager for life...?
    It's amazing how many people would probably be happy with that but then want him out the door on the back of 4-5 straight bad results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    He's talked a lot about not wanting to upset the applecart. I think he'd rather our players improved than bringing in improved players.
    When Sullivan signed, he was saying that the lads were impressed by him and that that was important.

I reckon he doesn't want the lads to carry the weight of a young fella going through a settling-in period.
    Looking at Softic last night, doesn't look like he needs a settling in peeriod.
    Very impressed. And that was a very difficult game to come into.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up

I know it was only 30 minutes but it was a difficult situation & Softic passed woith flying colours. He is exactly yhe type of young player we need as backup. All squads need first team players & bench/squad players. Young up 7 coming players are perfect for bench/squad.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!