Thanked in
    7 Posts

2-0

An own goal followed by a second from Alan Murphy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well the first one was scored by Ronan Frawley, a header from just outside the six-yard box, great game - bring on the 'super hoops'
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayFrancis
    great game
    well done tonight lads but please that was one of the worse games on both sides ive ever seen. we were crap and ye were slightly better then crap. what was the attendence btw?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie!

How did raf get on lads?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red metal
    How did raf get on lads?
    fairly well now, that was thefirst time ive seen raf play and i wasimpressed, i dont know how this performance compares to his last, but he's promising and the fans like him - some new songs already!
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    what was the attendence btw?
    bout 800 maybe a tad more... thought thered be more at the first game of the season... ahwel looks like limerick will have to wait another half year to see if they can take any points away from terryland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    RTE match report: http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/0316/galwayunited.html

The Eleven-a-side one looks as usual like it was written from the Aertel page details.
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/i...p?newsid=21617

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Good result alright - Dundalk were beaten at home by Cobh last night which suggests they may not be much of a threat this year but perhaps suggests Cobh will!

Already next Friday's game against Rovers is a big one - if we can beat them it would be a great start to the season and would mean we're not chasing teams for the rest of the season...
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya 1st v 2nd already.......massive game between the 2 favourites...we cant afford to loose.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H
    ya 1st v 2nd already.......massive game between the 2 favourites...we cant afford to loose.
    Who is it that has ye as favourites? I know Shams are but afaik Harps are second favourites with most, if not all bookies.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    for a start the the eircom league mag in the star read the last page - info on division one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe so Sligoman but everyone in the know is tipping us or Rovers.Cobh and Dundalk would come ahead of Harps aswell.

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayFrancis
    well the first one was scored by Ronan Frawley,'
    You must be only person giving him that goal. I was in line with his header and he would have been lucky for it to go in before Purcell's deflection.
    A good first 35 minutes but the second half was very poor, apart from the goal. Philip Reilly was overran in second half and we were lucky they had nothing going forward. A good win but performance will have to be better against The Hoops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    we will rise to the occasion hopefully

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok

how can you single out philip o reilly in the 2nd half. to be honest i thought he had an ok game.you looking at the negatives not the positive that we got 3 points. last season we played teams off the park and got nothing. murphy was a slacker on the team if you want to point fingers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jambo08
    how can you single out philip o reilly in the 2nd half. to be honest i thought he had an ok game.you looking at the negatives not the positive that we got 3 points. last season we played teams off the park and got nothing. murphy was a slacker on the team if you want to point fingers
    jambo i dont think he was pointing fingers he said that he was overran in midfield by the limerick players saying that he didnt get enough support and as for murph i taught he was our best player

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ok i understand about the support thing but murphy gave alot of the ball away. ok he scored but he wasnt our best player. raf eric and goughy had good games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    was at the game on thursday and i have to say that's possibly the worst i've ever seen raf play although he does set high standards for himself . was an ok game. murphy was good and that was a superb finish, big improvement from what i saw from him in pre-season. lavine was decent too. i thought limerick were reasonable apart from 1st 20mins or so; john lester, heffo&kelleher(in the 2nd half) were good. prob would have been a lot closer if limerick had a game behind em. wasn't the kind of performance that would convince me of galway's promotion credentials but all you can do is beat what's in front of you. harps&shams will be big tests. disappointing crowd, i'd say 800 is right
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well in fairness Red4Eva......have you seen Harps and Rovers play?I heard Rovers were very dodgy against 2 poor teams.Kildare are no great shakes either even though Harps hammered them.
    Next up for us is Rovers away and Harps at home.I think they'll tell us alot about where we're going but i think we have a better 11 than both....we've yet too click but haven't lost....the next 2 weeks will be interesting.

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    i'm not sayin ye aint gona win it but i didn't see anythin special there on thurs, if harps are at the same level they were 2 years ago(i know mchugh is gone) they'd have controlled yer unimpressive midfield. although i haven't seen shams yet i know a good bit bout the majority of their players and they sound like they should be better than ye were on thursday but once again we'll see how good all 3 teams are in the coming weeks and i'm lookin forward to the galway harps game
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast