Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keane on the Kerr, Staunton, Robbie and John O Shea

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    without wanting to go off the thread too much, where the bloody hell is the potential?!?!

Its a club thats rotting at the core, saddled with loans and debt, doesn't own its own ground, has a chairman who has already done too much for the club than it deserves and is running short of patience, goes through managers quicker than hearts, has falling attendances, according to megson theres players who cant be bothered to play, is in the 3rd tear of their domestic league, and there just sh*t! And im a forest fan!!!!
    The club is now debt free with the Trent End bond being the only outstanding debt and that loan has been gauranteed by the council.

The City Ground is Forest's in all but name as the lease is huge.

We've had a series of poor managers with Kinnear and Megson proving to be disasters. In the five games since Megson left we've won three and drawn two, the players look up for it and they will compete strongly next season.

Attendances have held remarkably solidly with an average of 19,000 which is phenomenal for League One.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dublin Red
    The club is now debt free with the Trent End bond being the only outstanding debt and that loan has been gauranteed by the council.

The City Ground is Forest's in all but name as the lease is huge.

We've had a series of poor managers with Kinnear and Megson proving to be disasters. In the five games since Megson left we've won three and drawn two, the players look up for it and they will compete strongly next season.

Attendances have held remarkably solidly with an average of 19,000 which is phenomenal for League One.
    neither kinnear or megson can be classed as poor managers. they both came to the city ground with superb records and gave 100% but the players could not be fecked

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    neither kinnear or megson can be classed as poor managers. they both came to the city ground with superb records and gave 100% but the players could not be fecked
    I agree to an extent however....

Kinnear was an unmitigated disaster in terms of the transfers made and contract lengths and actual physical fitness. Chris Doig said the pre season was the easiest he had done in 12 years. Kinnear didn't bother to go training most of the time. Shambles.

Megson has 5 sackings to his name with his only success coming at West Brom.

I agree players must take responsibility and I believe the current crop have the potential in particular Nathan Tyson and Wes Morgan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I agree to an extent however....

Kinnear was an unmitigated disaster in terms of the transfers made and contract lengths and actual physical fitness. Chris Doig said the pre season was the easiest he had done in 12 years. Kinnear didn't bother to go training most of the time. Shambles.

Megson has 5 sackings to his name with his only success coming at West Brom.

I agree players must take responsibility and I believe the current crop have the potential in particular Nathan Tyson and Wes Morgan.
    kinnear wouldn't have been the one sorting the contracts out, that would be the board/chairman. we went 17games unbeaten under him. I know of many managers who don't take the training sessions, martin o'neill being one.

lastly, if you believe wes morgan has potential then ya living on a different planet, hes very very poor, if he was any good he would be long gone, tyson however, does.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    kinnear wouldn't have been the one sorting the contracts out, that would be the board/chairman. we went 17games unbeaten under him. I know of many managers who don't take the training sessions, martin o'neill being one.

lastly, if you believe wes morgan has potential then ya living on a different planet, hes very very poor, if he was any good he would be long gone, tyson however, does.
    I know for a fact that Kinnear was the one who offered contracts and that the Chief Exec and Chairman foolishly went along with it.

Kinnear was a disaster with the exception of a mini run which wasn';t 17 games in length. He refused to attend training and did absolutely no work on fitness. Ade Stovell the fitness coach under Megson said he'd never seen players so unfit and out of shape.

Wes began poorly this season but has been a rock since Christmas, I've watched him closely since he broke into the first team and he is a good Championship player at this stage, to dismiss him as poor is way off the mark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Keane agent cools Forest job link
    Roy Keane's agent has denied that the Celtic midfielder has held talks with his old club Nottingham Forest over their vacant manager's position.
    Keane, 34, has revealed he may retire from playing at the end of the season due to a persistent hip problem.

The former Forest favourite has been linked with the City Ground post since Gary Megson was sacked in February.

But Michael Kennedy told BBC Sport: "It's not true he's had talks, he has not spoken with anyone about a job."

Keane started his professional career with Forest when Brian Clough signed him from Irish side Cobh Ramblers in 1990.

He went on to make 154 appearances, scoring 33 goals in the process, before joining Manchester United for a then British record £3.75m in 1993.

Keane had a hip operation in September 2002 following concerns about whether the injury would cut short his career.

He also revealed in February 2003 that he may require a hip replacement once his playing days were over.

"There are no guarantees about next season," said Keane last week.

"Over the last few months I have always put football first but, come the summer, I need to look at what is best for my family."

Forest are eighth in League One under the temporary guidance of caretaker managers Frank Barlow and Ian McParland.

Chairman Nigel Doughty has said he is unlikely to appoint Megson's successor until the end of the season.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    has keane even completed his coaching badges??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No he is doing them during the summer I think according to his interviews last week
    In Trap we trust

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Kinnear was an unmitigated disaster in terms of the transfers made and contract lengths and actual physical fitness. Chris Doig said the pre season was the easiest he had done in 12 years. Kinnear didn't bother to go training most of the time. Shambles..
    Is this the same Joe Kinnear who felt he should have been offered the Irish job ahead of McCarthy without having to subject himself to an interview? I think, to be fair to Kinnear, that the pre-heart attack and post heart attack Kinnears were too totally different managers.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12