Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: well pleased....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well pleased....

fair play to the lads - the second half performance gave cause for optimism for the next 2 games.

The midfield engine-room were the stars in my view - I'm sure Holland's goal will see him earn Man of the Match - certainly for me! BBC's coverage was reasonable... the pre-game comment from the panel that they would take a draw was contrasted with musings afterwards that maybe they could have won.

CMON IRELAND!

Glen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah well done to the lads they gave it their all and Matty Holland produced the goods when it mattered most.
    Yeah, we could have won it but so could Cameroon- they had a lot of wasted chances.
    I watched the game on RTE, the coverage was OK except for Dunphys sulking over the Keane issue.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: well pleased....

Originally posted by RamblersWeb

The midfield engine-room were the stars in my view - I'm sure Holland's goal will see him earn Man of the Match - certainly for me!
    RTÉ/Beglin picked Kinsella

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    thought the kid finnan did exceptionally well when he came on
    bbc rating from the game as follows.. agree with it pretty much do I

BBC Sport Online rates Republic of Ireland players in the 1-1 World Cup draw against Cameroon.

Shay Given [SIZE=4]7[/SIZE]
    After making a poor punched clearance early on, Given made a great save from Patrick Mboma midway through the first half but had no chance for the opening goal. Commanding thereafter.

Gary Kelly [SIZE=4]6[/SIZE]
    Kelly shaded Steve Finnan for the right-back slot but the Irish right side looked better after the introduction of the Fulham man.

Gary Breen [SIZE=4]5[/SIZE]
    Struggled against the pace of the Cameroon attackers and was caught out badly in the 67th minute when Eto'o should have put the Africans ahead again.

Steve Staunton [SIZE=4]6[/SIZE]
    His lack of pace was exposed by Eto'o for Cameroon's opening goal but Staunton re-asserted himself thereafter.

Ian Harte [SIZE=4]5[/SIZE]
    Caught out of position for Cameroon's first half goal and an error early in the second half almost gifted Geremi a crucial second goal.

Jason McAteer [SIZE=4]5[/SIZE]
    After his recent injury problems, failed to impose himself on the contest and his booking contributed to his half-time replacement by Steve Finnan.

Matt Holland [SIZE=4]7[/SIZE]
    After struggling in the first half, Holland struck a magnificent 52nd-minute equaliser to get Ireland back in the contest

Mark Kinsella [SIZE=4]7[/SIZE]
    Tried his heart out with an almost Roy Keane-like performance and was a candidate for man-of-the match.

Kevin Kilbane [SIZE=4]7[/SIZE]
    Made little impact in the first half but missed a headed chance early in the second half and picked up his performance significantly.

Damien Duff [SIZE=4]7[/SIZE]
    Quiet in the first half but his direct running caused the Cameroon defence all sort of problems in the second period.

Robbie Keane [SIZE=4]7[/SIZE]
    Missed a great headed chance midway through the opening half but the Leeds striker had a great second period including his super late effort off the woodwork.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Substitutes:

Steve Finnan [SIZE=4]8[/SIZE]
    (replaced McAteer at half-time): Finnan's introduction gave the Irish right flank a better balance.

Steven Reid [SIZE=4]7[/SIZE]
    Picked up a booking after his second half introduction but helped Ireland take control in the closing stages

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking This morning...

Did I hear a chorus of 'are you watching Roy Keane' all the way from Japan? The man who walked out on his team-mates in Saipan when he realised he had no balls. RTE have to get rid of Dunphy- our licence fees are paying his wages! DUNPHY MUST GO!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: This morning...

couldnt agree more. the man cant go 30 seconds without mentioning how right roy keane was, and how wrong mccarthy was.

Neil
    Dunphy is amking an absolute fool of himself. And I think he's even starting to realise that now himself.

He is a sour man with way too much personal issues to be an objective pundit on our national station. He has issues with players, management, FAI, journalists. He has had court battles with Cathal Dervan - the same guy who told the Landsdowne crowd to boo R. Keane a few years back.

Get rid of the Alco.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As much as I supported Keane during the whole affair, Dunphys yapping is boring me and disgusting me- I just wish he would give it up and watch the football. The lads will give their all, regardless of what happened and we should all (and all are except Dunphy) be behind the lads.

One things for sure- I wont be tuning into RTE anymore for the World Cup.
    Beer! How did you know?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well RK supporting muppets, why dont you waste even more time and start an anti Dunphy petition?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up

Everybody seems to think we'd have been better with Roy Keane but i'm not sure if we really would. If Keane was there would the other players have raised their games as much???

One of the bravest & most gutsy irish performances on saturday. Was good to see all the players give 100%.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was a great performance, but there's no point going on about Keane. As for Dunphy - he's a failed footballer who has made a career in the media by being controversial....not insightful, controversial.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I thought we did very well second half. one thing that surprises me is that kinsella's getting such good reviews, I hardly saw the guy all game. Holland and duffer were outstanding. think mick should have brought quinn on as cameroon seemed to struggle in thair at the back.