Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Questions

So with Ger McCarthy suspended for the opening day trip to Cark who will line out up front for us? In fact anyone care to hazard a guess at the starting 11? Who is our captain this year? It's usually announced by now...
    What's the story with season tickets at the club this year? Not a peep out of anyone about them yet...What colour do yis reckon the new 'keepers jersey is going to be, and does anyone stand a chance of blagging one off Ringo And my most pressing question at this stage, with the missus and I both at deaths door with chest infections, what are the odds of me being able to make the bloody game at all

For what it's worth here's my guess at the starting XI

Rodgers

Pender, Whelahan, Keely, Brennan
    McGill, Crowley, Shields, McDonnell
    Freeman and Rooney

Here's hoping we can nick a point...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If I could remember all the new players names I would give a guess.

SO I will just agree with you for the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just saw on the site that Stuart "Sh1tkicker" Malcolm has been installed as captain this year, and is available to play in Cark.
    There's injury worries over Mark Rooney and someone else who's name I can'[t remember

*Illness Update* Woke up at 10am feeling much better, unfortunately by 11 I was having a bout of the sweats/the fear akin to Renton in Trainspotting C'est domage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    So with Ger McCarthy suspended for the opening day trip to Cark who will line out up front for us? In fact anyone care to hazard a guess at the starting 11? Who is our captain this year? It's usually announced by now...
    What's the story with season tickets at the club this year? Not a peep out of anyone about them yet...What colour do yis reckon the new 'keepers jersey is going to be, and does anyone stand a chance of blagging one off Ringo And my most pressing question at this stage, with the missus and I both at deaths door with chest infections, what are the odds of me being able to make the bloody game at all:confused

For what it's worth here's my guess at the starting XI

Rodgers

Pender, Whelahan, Keely, Brennan
    McGill, Crowley, Shields, McDonnell
    Freeman and Rooney

Here's hoping we can nick a point...

The team that started was

Rodgers
    Brennan, Keely, Malcolm (c), Doyle
    Giller, Crowley, Whelehan, Rooney
    Freeman Collins

My rating would be as follows: Rodgers: 7.5 Dodgy kickout early on, but had a safe pair of hands and stopped all shots (not many) that came his way. Brennan 5.5: The only notable poor display. Looked slow when the ball was played in behind him, others had to bail him out at times. Poor clearance for the peno, followed directly by the hand ball Malcolm: 7.5: Generally strong, not quite as strong in the air as I'd would've liked, but consider the calibre of opponent. Tackled well on a night where the ref was very whistle happy. Keely: 7 A few trademark Keely slices aside, a solid game. Doyle 8.5: Excellent game. MOTM in my opinion. Confident on the ball, good passing, good tackling, wasn't found wanting for pace. Looked very up for it. Not what I expected, delighted with him.

Giller 7.5: Gave the ball away at the start of the move that led to the peno. Other than that was like a lion all night. Took a hand to the face and a headbutt (right in front of the ref) both of which went completely unpunished. The Giller of 2 years ago would have retaliated and walked...good performance, and had a couple of decent efforts on goal.

Crowley: 7 Kind of got lost in the midfield mire a tad. Could be heard trying to gee up the team, and put some decent tackles in. Poor deliveries from ser pieces. Whelehan: 7.5 Didn't look too out of place centre-field. Won his fair share of headers and tackled reasonably well. Sliced a few too many clearances.

Rooney: Honestly, it might just be me, but I hardly saw the guy.

Collins: 6 Bad deliveries again from set pieces. Didn't run enough at the defenders. Missed our best chance, although pounced well on the mistake More composure required...

Freeman: 8 Won TONS of headers he had no right to. Looked lively and scared some of the Cark defenders. Our best attacking outlet by a mile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Maynard]

Rooney: Honestly, it might just be me, but I hardly saw the guy.

QUOTE]

This may be directly attributable to the fact that he didn't play

Keith Doyle out for the Derry game Does this mean Hedderman might play Hopefully Dedser will play right full and put Daisy on the left...

"Who needs Mourhinio, we've got The Keelyio..."

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard

Keith Doyle out for the Derry game Does this mean Hedderman might play Hopefully Dedser will play right full and put Daisy on the left...

"Who needs Mourhinio, we've got The Keelyio..."
    For the love of Jesus and all the saints in heaven do not even joke about playing Daisy on the left. Hugh Davey (left sided defender/midfielder in answer to your question elsewhere) will presumably slot in.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    For the love of Jesus and all the saints in heaven do not even joke about playing Daisy on the left. Hugh Davey (left sided defender/midfielder in answer to your question elsewhere) will presumably slot in.
    Say what you really feel there buddy!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I'm sory, but I saw him flounder at left-full in Limerick and the general impression was of some archived and suppressed Dancing on Ice routine featuring Stephen Hawking.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Daisy is an excellent left-back!!

I think Keely should definitely play him there.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    Hugh Davey (left sided defender/midfielder in answer to your question elsewhere) will presumably slot in.
    WTF?! He's back again?!