Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Attendances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That is really unfair Chippie. How can you just forget about Drogheda?
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    For Shels V DCFC I'd say there was 1500-1700 present!
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

The only freebies given out

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Probably to increase their crowd figures so they guarantee their place at the Super Duper invite league next season.
    are 80 to the match sponsor the rest are u12's who are allowed into our games free.How many u12's at Belfield usually 10 id say judging by the level of your support.There were 750 paying customers plus 156 season tickets there on Friday not bad for a 1st division game considering both teams mediocre start and fair play to Athlone they always bring a great crowd to terryland and made loads of noise.D.C. & UCD have never had more than 15 fans in Terryland for any game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well in fairness it is only around the corner for Athlone!
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Why is it that when some clubs are doing well on or off the pitch, either it be good home attendances or good travelling support etc.. whatever it may be, that supporters from other clubs have to talk it down? Ye should concentrate on getting your club to equal and then better those clubs and not just moaning all the time.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct
    How many u12's at Belfield usually 10 id say judging by the level of your support...D.C. & UCD have never had more than 15 fans in Terryland for any game.
    What part of "Attack the post, not the poster" is confusing you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
    Stu the 1,700 crowd you put down for us is incorrect ! It was reported by the media to be a bigger crowd than the Pats game which you put down as 1,750 ! And close to being what was the Crowd at the Bohs game which if remember correctly to be 2,200 ! You have 1,700 which would be our smallest gate of the season which is not factual at all !
    I think the customary conclusion to a sentence is a full-stop, not an exclamation mark (sorry, but that's been really bugging me for a while...)

I can't do anything about non-factual errors if you don't offer an alternative. Given that Sligo were seemingly one of the biggest overexaggerators on this thread last season (that being the website, not necessarily the lads who posted guesstimates here), I'd be more inclined to think the previous figures were too high rather than this one being too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red
    For Shels V DCFC I'd say there was 1500-1700 present!
    Seeing as I'm getting everything off my chest in one post - I'd say finishing a sentence with a superfluous exclamation mark is number two on my list of things most likely to make me disbelieve a post - only just short of writing "FACT!" at the end. Still, I'll put it in, cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I put an exclamation mark at nearly all my sentences for no appartent reason! Just a force of habit really!
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the customary conclusion to a sentence is a full-stop, not an exclamation mark (sorry, but that's been really bugging me for a while...)
    Elaine: Well, I mean if one of your close friends had a baby and I left you a message about it, I would use an exclamation point.
    Jake: Well, maybe I don't use my exclamation points as haphazardly as you do.
    Elaine: You don't think that someone having a baby warrants an exclamation point.
    Jake: Hey, I just chalked down the message. I didn't know I was required to capture the mood of each caller.
    Elaine: I just thought you would be a little more excited about a friend of mine having a baby.
    Jake: Ok, I'm excited. I just don't happen to like exclamation points.
    Elaine: Well, you know Jake, you should learn to use them. Like the way I'm talking right now, I would put an exclamation points at the end of all these sentences! On this one! And on that one!
    Jake: Well, you can put one on this one: I'm leaving!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Given that Sligo were seemingly one of the biggest overexaggerators on this thread last season
    yeah, i hate overexaggerators too! a million times more than I hate ordinary exaggerators! and as for exclamation marks!......
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    !!!! I love these marks cannot go a post without one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan
    yeah, i hate overexaggerators too! a million times more than I hate ordinary exaggerators!
    Where do you stand on underexaggerators then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Where do you stand on underexaggerators then?
    I think a thousand times less of them..
    Last edited by sonofstan; 19/04/2006 at 5:31 PM.
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    My sentances do not have a natural conclusion !!!!!!!!!
    Well, the rest of your post certainly proved that.

I can't do anything about "It wasn't this". If you want to suggest what you thought it was, that might help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If i remember correctly multipled a recent UCD attendance that was Given an RTE by 5 times so you expect people to believe that an extra 400 people came in late ? Your having a laugh this thread is of no use IMO Stu
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The crowd at the Bray match was a fairly typical UCD crowd - 5-600. There was no question of 400 coming in late.

Some of the figures on the thread are inflated. With half of Bray's 6,000 capacity being unavailable and there being sufficient room for many of the Shels fans to move behind the goal at halftime, there could not have been 2,800 at the opening match of the season and there were fewer at the Cork match than the Shels match.

Stu, you can calculate the Carlisle capacity for yourself when UCD come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking alright with regards the Carlisle.

Definitely some of the attendances are inflated. Could easily tell you which ones too. Pain in the arse that the FAI deem attendance figures to be confidential, and that many clubs seem to have stopped giving them out lately as well. Still, I don't pretend the figures are accurate, despite what Genesis say. Can only work with what we get...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    About 500 at Pats v Bray tonight. Believe me, that's not inflated. Total madness having it on the same night as a CL semi - what we'll make on hiring Richmond to the FAI for the women's international on Saturday, we probably lost on reduced gate receipts tonight.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    Was going to say I'd never seen Richmond so empty on telly before.

Also, I can't believe there were 1500 at Tolka or 2300 at the Carlisle. With the Lego and the Riverside stand closed, there looked to be about 1000 scattered between the other two stands.

Bray looked like about 150-200 behind the Bowling Alley end goal, about 200 around the rest of the pitch (i.e. opposite goal and where the shed used to be), which would leave 1900 to fit into the stand which I think holds 1500?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub
    About 500 at Pats v Bray tonight. Believe me, that's not inflated. Total madness having it on the same night as a CL semi - what we'll make on hiring Richmond to the FAI for the women's international on Saturday, we probably lost on reduced gate receipts tonight.
    854 was the official attendance. The FAI women's international was arranged for Saturday before the league even drew up their fixture list and still they managed to put Pats down for a home game on the same weekend. Says a lot really.

Pats wanted it played last Monday instead because of the clash with Champions League and because it was a bank holiday, Pat Devlin refused. 3-0, serves him right!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stato
    854 was the official attendance. The FAI women's international was arranged for Saturday before the league even drew up their fixture list and still they managed to put Pats down for a home game on the same weekend. Says a lot really.

Pats wanted it played last Monday instead because of the clash with Champions League and because it was a bank holiday, Pat Devlin refused. 3-0, serves him right!
    I did'nt think the away team could object to the day of a fixture unless it is within 48 hours of their previous or next game. Bad night to have the game with CL on tv Monday would have been perfect. I hope Pat's get compensation from the FAI over the loss of revenue as that crowd would easily have been double that figure on a friday evening.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindmillWarrior
    The Star gave 625 for Waterford v Shels.
    Only saw this now. Don't take that as the 'conservative estimate', Pineapple Stu. There were 625 paying customers that night (very disappointing), but that doesn't include season ticket-holders and concessions. Plenty of gaps in the stand, but a few others around the ground so I'd say Partizan's 1000 is about right.

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast