Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Nuts Byrne on 19 mins for $hels

Wanderers 1 - 1 Shelbourne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Finished 2-2, decent enough game, on the back foot for most of the 2nd half though. Penalty was very harsh. Eamon's goal was a cracker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Season opener last night...

What a game, great atmosphere. Having everyone together seemed to have improved that!!!!! Think we did enough to win the game, but would've taken a point before hand. Referree was very poor imo, seems to be one rule for shels and another for every other club. Added 6 mins when there should only have been 4! didn't see the handball but he seemed to hesitate in giving it and the n hesitate in giving wes the 2nd yellow. If it was given for the handball then surely wes sholud have recieved a straight red, not that i'm complaining he didn't! All in all we looked good last night, and a sign of things to come! Bring it on.....
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Can someone please tell me was the penalty really a penalty, if you catch my drift. I couldnt beleive it when i saw the ref point to the spot

On another note, im really ****ed off with the object (tennis ball it looked like) being thrown onto the pitch. Understanably tensions can run high, but it wasnt necessary. Also the fact that some gobsh*** stewart waddlled up and threatend to throw me out, accusing me of throwing it. I told him it came from the back, but he was having none of it

oh yea game was good too
    \o/ |o| \o/ |o| \o/.....easy, easy, easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The box was so crowded that it was difficult to see what happened. I assumed it was given for the ball striking Wesley's hand.

Was he then sent off for dissent?

The ball came down over my head and I was sat halfway up, so would guess it was from some plonker at the back - think it was one of those luminous golf balls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by REVIP
    The box was so crowded that it was difficult to see what happened. I assumed it was given for the ball striking Wesley's hand.

Was he then sent off for dissent?

The ball came down over my head and I was sat halfway up, so would guess it was from some plonker at the back - think it was one of those luminous golf balls.
    It was a tennis ball, and i caught the kid who threw it... Told him off, only looked about 10! Little s-hit. What was his motive, i mean he didn't aim for anyone! Alot of coins thrown at skippy form the shels fans! If wes was sent off for the handball it should have been a straight red! simple as!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    good performance, ref was terrible, wes was a bit lost in midfield but if robbie and zayed get service we will score alot of goals this season. changes for the next game willie tyrrel left back, wes centre back, caffo centre mid with pip(if foxy is injured), david tyrrel to play on the right wing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan1
    It was a tennis ball, and i caught the kid who threw it... Told him off, only looked about 10! Little s-hit. What was his motive, i mean he didn't aim for anyone! Alot of coins thrown at skippy form the shels fans! If wes was sent off for the handball it should have been a straight red! simple as!
    fair play to you for that tarz, but why arent are stewards doing this? Fair enough if they didnt witness it it, but 1.accusing the first person they see and 2.if shels fans were indeed throwing coins why wasnt anything done about it?
    \o/ |o| \o/ |o| \o/.....easy, easy, easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyingseagul
    good performance, ref was terrible, wes was a bit lost in midfield but if robbie and zayed get service we will score alot of goals this season. changes for the next game willie tyrrel left back, wes centre back, caffo centre mid with pip(if foxy is injured), david tyrrel to play on the right wing
    Why play wes there when Macker and Rochey played well there together! Caffo did ok on the wing and no way David Tyrell is a right winger! Wes might be suspended anyway!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Bad 2 points for ye to drop late night.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinteelygull
    fair play to you for that tarz, but why arent are stewards doing this? Fair enough if they didnt witness it it, but 1.accusing the first person they see and 2.if shels fans were indeed throwing coins why wasnt anything done about it?
    Stewards didn't see who did it. I was talking to the head steward after the game and he said not one of them seen it. The little s-hit who threw it i have never seen before in my life at a game! Don't agree either with what the steward done accusing the first person he came across! Alot of Shels fans threw coins but weren't seen. To be honest it's hard in a large crowd to pinpoint indiviuals!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Bad 2 points for ye to drop late night.
    We should have won, but i would've taken a draw before the game. Got 9/4 in fact in the bookies!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    What a game, great atmosphere. Having everyone together seemed to have improved that!!!!! Think we did enough to win the game, but would've taken a point before hand. Referree was very poor imo, seems to be one rule for shels and another for every other club. Added 6 mins when there should only have been 4! didn't see the handball but he seemed to hesitate in giving it and the n hesitate in giving wes the 2nd yellow. If it was given for the handball then surely wes sholud have recieved a straight red, not that i'm complaining he didn't! All in all we looked good last night, and a sign of things to come! Bring it on.....
    Great performance, the atmosphere was great too. As a seat sitter, what a difference it made to have the shed-siders noise on our side this time! Did the ref even realise it was Wes's second yellow- only seemed to cop it when Wes started to walk? Eamo's goal was a cracker, a few more games like that should draw the crowds.
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull
    Great performance, the atmosphere was great too. As a seat sitter, what a difference it made to have the shed-siders noise on our side this time! Did the ref even realise it was Wes's second yellow- only seemed to cop it when Wes started to walk? Eamo's goal was a cracker, a few more games like that should draw the crowds.
    Well where were ya sitting? Near us? I quite liked where we were. Seemed to be much more than there was when we were in the shed! The Ref definetely didn't realise that he had given him a yellow. TBH he should've got a straight red if it was for handball, if it wsn't for handball then the peno shouldn't have been given as it would've benn accidental! Bring on Waaaaaaaaaaaterford!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Well where were ya sitting? Near us? I quite liked where we were. Seemed to be much more than there was when we were in the shed! The Ref definetely didn't realise that he had given him a yellow. TBH he should've got a straight red if it was for handball, if it wsn't for handball then the peno shouldn't have been given as it would've benn accidental! Bring on Waaaaaaaaaaaterford!!!!
    We were in front of the drums, nearer the pitch. Also, the team came to the seats-side after the game where normally they'd have gone to the shed, a big plus for us sitters! Thought the $hels crowd behind the goal swung the peno decision, ref didn't really see it. I liked the 'you fat b*stard' to Crowe, reminded me of the Cup final and James Mulligan...
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull
    We were in front of the drums, nearer the pitch. Also, the team came to the seats-side after the game where normally they'd have gone to the shed, a big plus for us sitters! Thought the $hels crowd behind the goal swung the peno decision, ref didn't really see it. I liked the 'you fat b*stard' to Crowe, reminded me of the Cup final and James Mulligan...
    Ah so you were in front of me so... I was one of the drummers, well try to be! Next time ya should come up and sing. An extra voice would be welcome, BIG time! Ye Caffo's celebration was deadly! Tbh they were bound to come over here once the singers were there. Don't mean to be Big headed there!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

threads merged...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    A good solid start to the season, but a case of 2 points lost. Thought we played really well as a team and looked solid through the spine, McGovern had a great game, won nearly everything in th air, Foxy was all over the pitch and Robbie and Eamon worked very well together. Was'nt impressed by the ref one single bit, a lot of very strange decision. I could'nt see the "peno" decision, but if it did strike his hand/arm then it was most certianly on purpose, a group of player closed the ball down, it was belted and from no more then 3/4 yards away it hit Wes.

All in all a draw against Shels is not a bad way to srart the season off.

Was Byrne not off-side for his 1st ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good performance by Bray. Disappointed in Shels performance, especially the seeming lack of hunger in the centre of the pitch.

In all it could have been worth for both sides, and a point is a fair reflection. Bray looked good going forward, thought Doyle looked very handy. Shels missed alot of good chances, and generally the final ball was lacking.
    God

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast