Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eL Player of the Year Award

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

eL Player of the Year Award

Apologies if there's a thread about this somewhere else but didn't see it.

Congrats to George o' Callaghan for winning the award

Fair play to other nominees Peter Hutton and Joe gamble as well.

Personally thought Joe would get it but fair play Georgie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Much deserved.

Georgie is God!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Made up for Georgie to be honest, fair play to him. Hopefully he wont leave it there and go for it this year too.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So instead of outlawing diving in the game the FAI go and award a serial cheat by giving him POTY. Joe Gamble strikes me as a model pro and a superb footballer but Pizza would honestly be much more deserving of this award giving his commanding preformances all year.
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speranza
    So instead of outlawing diving in the game the FAI go and award a serial cheat by giving him POTY. Joe Gamble strikes me as a model pro and a superb footballer but Pizza would honestly be much more deserving of this award giving his commanding preformances all year.
    I dont think any of them would have got strange looks if they won.

To be honest, at the rick of this exploding again, i think the diving thing is being exaggerated. I mean can any of you name a player who have never dived in his entire career ... see its impossible. Is Georgie a target for this kind of thing ??

Anyway ... its done now, for the rest of this year Cork City FCs George O'Callaghan is the eircom Leagues Player of the Year
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    George O'Callaghan won player of the year??? fcuk me! It sends out a great message when a cheat wins an award like this!!! I'm gobsmacked!

A face, he does a lot more then dive, he's a filthy, rotten cheat, end of! I'm so upset by this!!!
    Last edited by Colm; 27/02/2006 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Leave players personal issues out of this DR
    Sitting pretty!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    I dont think any of them would have got strange looks if they won.

To be honest, at the rick of this exploding again, i think the diving thing is being exaggerated. I mean can any of you name a player who have never dived in his entire career ... see its impossible. Is Georgie a target for this kind of thing ??

Anyway ... its done now, for the rest of this year Cork City FCs George O'Callaghan is the eircom Leagues Player of the Year
    You might see players fall under light contact but George has a knack of falling under no contact and regardless of his playing ability, I think there is a good reason so many players dislike him and its not jealousy of his abilities. This is not an attack on Cork. Just a dislike of the type of player O'Callaghan is.

His offfield antics have nothing to do with his player of the year award Roy. You are just giving ammunition to discredit your post by mentioning it!!
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Alright lads .... in all the awards tonight, here was two possiblities of an eircom League player winning ... eircom League award and the one where two Shels kids and a UK based player were in the running, under 16 or something.

I would be more upset by that ... Football Association of Ireland and five eircom League players were in the running for the whole awards. That is alarming, that is where you should vent your anger.

The guy won it, it is a good player ... he is of the calibre deserving of the award, please stop the in-fighting that goes on in our league, its an award. Leave him enjoy it.
    Last edited by A face; 26/02/2006 at 9:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Alright lads .... in all the awards tonight, here was two possiblities of an eircom League player winning ... eircom League award and the one where two Shels kids and a UK based player were in the running, under 16 or something.
    Who won that actually ... i cant remember ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I would be more upset by that ... Football Association of Ireland and five eircom League players were in the running for the whole awards. That is alarming, that is where you should vent your anger.

The guy won it, it is a good player ... he is of the calibre deserving of the award, please stop the in-fighting that goes on in our league, its an award. Leave him enjoy it.
    The award was Eircom League Player of the Year.I don't understand your in-fighting comment. It was hardly likely for anyone other than an Eircom League player to win this award so we are discussing the award based on our league. I am sure he will enjoy it regardless of whether I post that I think he has a poor sportsmanship ethic about him
    Last edited by A face; 26/02/2006 at 9:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    The award was Eircom League Player of the Year.I don't understand your in-fighting comment. It was hardly likely for anyone other than an Eircom League player to win this award so we are discussing the award based on our league. I am sure he will enjoy it regardless of whether I post that I think he has a poor sportsmanship ethic about him
    Gar, what i'm saying is that there were five domestic player up for awards tonight, the three lads and two Shels kids .... and there were 17 awards in total i think they said.

Is that not scary to you .... By the in-fighting i mean, the thrashing out of this diving thing when we cant see the woods from the trees. I mean if all us eL fans have to give out about is the diving then there in lies the problem.

The FAI should have at least one academy in Ireland instead of relying on English clubs to train players over there. It is glaringly obvious how bad the problem is there tonight. That is what i'd be picking up on. I was actually going to go off on a rant in my first post but i said i wouldnt take from the award.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    A face, I understand your point, but in reality, is there any real surprise in that stat? Maybe in time, things will change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    A face, I understand your point, but in reality, is there any real surprise in that stat? Maybe in time, things will change.
    Do you know what .... there was some great football on show this year with the most televised games i can remember ever in the eircom League. A montage of some of the best footage for 3-4 mins would have turned alot of heads there tonight. RTE do it all the time at the end of the premeirshi* every week, it wouldn't be too big a task to come up with the same from 2005 season.

Shamelessly promoting the domestic game so any young lads watching would try and emulate it in years to come. Why cant it be put on a Pedestal? Every other country across Europe are doing it and take pride in it, and imo that was the perfect opportunity to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Agreed A Face.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Gar, what i'm saying is that there were five domestic player up for awards tonight, the three lads and two Shels kids .... and there were 17 awards in total i think they said.

Is that not scary to you ....
    17 awards yeah but did you really want some of the EL lads in the womens section? Wasnt there two life time or merit awards that couldnt have had an EL player in them really.

and as was pointed out the thread is about the el Player of the Year Award and cold not go to anyone outside of the el and I dont think George was deserving of this from what I have seen of him.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair play to Georgie. He's well deserving of this award.

He's turned himself into a model professional both on and off the field in the past year and I'm delighted to see him get such recognition.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I would have given it to Joe Gamble.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Fair play to Georgie. He's well deserving of this award.

He's turned himself into a model professional both on and off the field in the past year and I'm delighted to see him get such recognition.
    Apart from the drink driving conviction, obviously.

Thought it should've gone to gamble myself
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    Apart from the drink driving conviction, obviously.
    I said "in the past year".
    He's the ultimate pro now and imo the best player in the EL along with Joe Gamble.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    The conviction was in 2005, no?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast