Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork v Drogheda

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Cork v Drogheda

I found the first half a bit boring but found the second half to be an entertaining affair. Decent attacking play from both sides. Brilliant goal from Behan (that man loves the Setanta Cup ). Pity Drogs had to get two men sent off. Poor discipline. Doolin will no doubt be angry. The second half has really whetted my appetitie for the new season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As a City fan Im happy with the 2 -0 win .Behans goal was excellent ,Not the best of games though In freezing conditions (Boy was it cold).For Citys first game at turners cross ,I thought there was poor attendence.The shed was missed for the athmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Rico's nose and ears were an unhealthy shade of purple.

The absence of the Shed made a big difference on TV. My brother who wasn't aware of the development was very confused when we walked into the room and saw it was Cork at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Ref was a f@ckin discrace .Sendings off where a joke.Drogs were the better side overall.Great strike for behans goal but i felt we were getting the upper hand at that point.Georgie was his usual self .Playing dirty and trying to get players booked.2 freekicks blocked by the hand werent noticed and c obriens tackle was easily as bad as bradley and also went unpunished.As for faheys sending off ! Pathetic.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Good!
    I'd rather die laughing than trying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Has he been on the sauce with Georgie or something.....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog
    Ref was a f@ckin discrace
    Yeah, you know it wasn't going to be good when Hoggie was nearly crippled a few minutes in and no card. The both reds were deserved though it has to be said !!
    And playing for a draw in the first was never a good idea to be fair, Doolin has to sort this out for ye.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Fahey definately deserved his second booking for sliding in on Murphy. The first one, though petty and deserving of a yellow was just a stupid thing to do.
    Then stood around the dug-out giving ridiculous childish abuse to City players.
    Drogs were much the stronger team in the first half. City showed better form after the break. After Behans rasper, the lack of Drogs discipline was just silly more than anything.
    I wouldn't be happy with Bradley and Fahy if i was you.
    1nil wasn't a big gap.

City looked efficient in the 2nd half and the defence wasn't severely breached at all really despite a few Drogs efforts from around the box.
    Left winger urgently required though.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was a pre-season game. It means nothing. I'd be more worried about getting our pitch in better nick for the league than this athough we'll be pretty much sure of qualifying now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soko
    I'd be more worried about getting our pitch in better nick for the league than this athough we'll be pretty much sure of qualifying now.
    Just let these lads know that ... munsterfa@eircom.net
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Yeah, you know it wasn't going to be good when Hoggie was nearly crippled a few minutes in and no card. The both reds were deserved though it has to be said !!
    And playing for a draw in the first was never a good idea to be fair, Doolin has to sort this out for ye.

I was actually refering to C o briens tackle that was completely ignored , by a cork ref ! which was the same as the sending off offence.The panel on setenta refered to it. and how do you make out that we played for a draw.Before the goal cork had no clear cut chances.2 clear handballs go unpunished.Cork still played poorly when we where down to 9 men.Poor game but one that we definetly didnt deserve to loose.Looking forward to playing you in united park.Before all the madness we played more football than you did !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog
    Cork still played poorly when we where down to 9 men.Poor game but one that we definetly didnt deserve to loose.Looking forward to playing you in united park.Before all the madness we played more football than you did !

I often wonder where some people come up with these assertations based on what you previously admitted was a poor game of ball. How did you play more football? I just saw 2 teams playing their second competitive match of the season but you managed to see some footballing masterpiece from Drogheda it seems.

We could have gotten a couple more if we went for the kill with 9 men. I thought it was as plain as day but obviously not for some.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought the first sending off was harsh, and the Drogs have a case for saying that Fahey's free's were both blocked by an arm....although perhaps Fahey's inability to get the ball over the wall is a bigger issue than giving out about ref's decisions.

Cork were good for the 1-0 win, and I thought there was some decent football played in spells
    www.WalkTheChalk.com - Stats, Opinion & Bluster on Irish Club Football

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    How can he get it over the wall if some cheat keeps sticking his arm in the air to block it?

Everyone knows it , we all know it and the Corkies will of course talk it down and make all their usual claims but that sending off was a disgrace and the second sending off was a direct result of it. The ref destroyed the game and Drogs had no chance against that Cork based offical.

We are very happy with our performance , a lot happier than some of the Corkies I have spoken too , some not to happy with diving Georgie at all or the game plan of playing from one side of the ptich to the other then back again then losing the ball then repeat .

Grea goal from behan but watch the game again that is all Cork did all night, a good individual effort but as a team I saw nothing to be afraid of this year.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Poor enough game overall, bloody freezing as well.
    First sending off was harsh, Anders obviously saw it as violent conduct as the player kicked George as opposed to trying to trip him.
    Fahey had been mouthing earlier and could have went for the 2nd yellow alone. Declan O'Brien committed more fouls than any other player on the pitch and escaped without any type of card.
    Faheys couldn't get his free kicks over Behan, he's a big young fella.
    Did Drogs really pay 50K for yer man Barrett?
    2nd goal unlucky on Gavin, not so on Connor though.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog
    second sending off was a direct result of it.
    Explain.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Think he means that because of the 1st sending off Fahey felt such a grave feeling of injustice against Kelly that he decided to kick Danny Murphy up into the air after the ball had gone, knowing he was already on a yellow.
    Fahey is a good player but his temperament is very suspect.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Another refereeing masterclass from Alan Kelly, who must be the most inconsistent official in the league. How O'Brien was not even booked, especially as it was only minutes after Bradley and Fahey were dismissed.
    Cork lack of transfer activity showed too. They could do with a few signings just to freshen things up a bit.
    Danny Murphy didn't play well either , Fahey had the beating of him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Red cards were a joke, and blatant handballs from City were ignored.
    Why is this ref so consistently the centre of attention? Doolin looked like his head was going to explode, and who could blame him?
    After that performance, even allowing for preseason and pitch, I'd feel a lot happier about the prospect of facing Cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the pitch didn't look bad to me..?
    first sending off was harsh.second was definitely deserved.i agree that colin o brien should have been booked if the referee was going to be consistant but by the same token drogheda should have had a more yellows in the first half which kelly turned a blind eye to.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast